It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scholar Warns Iran's Ahmadinejad May Have 'Cataclysmic Events' In Mind For August 22

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I hate to do this as every event is always negated by bringing it to light, however this does have some solid basis.

DrudgeReport

I know I know, yet another end of the world scenario, but how much further can Iran push back the inevitability of sanctions.

They always have seemed to have had a card up their sleeves.

One to watch

John

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The most surprising thing about this story is the source... the normally reserved Wall Street Journal.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
And Iran is going to do this all by itself...bnring about the end of the world on Aug 22nd?

Interesting article but i'd plan on paying rent at the beginning of September.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
doesnt surprise me in the least. check this out:

Iranian President Attempting to Start Armaggedon?

there's alot of bickering on that thread, but alot of good information as well. you are welcome to use any of it to add to this thread (as mine is pretty much dead).

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I doubt it. That is all I really have to say. If Iran nuked Israel, Israel would nuke Iran and probably a few other countries. There would be huge economic meltdown. But not the "end of the world". It is just another date to mark as the start of nuclear war
Oops, my calendar is all filled, darn.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
I doubt it. That is all I really have to say. If Iran nuked Israel, Israel would nuke Iran and probably a few other countries. There would be huge economic meltdown. But not the "end of the world". It is just another date to mark as the start of nuclear war
Oops, my calendar is all filled, darn.

Agree. Besides, Ahmedinejad is smart enough not to do anything on a day ''we'' would expect it. Once again, I don't think he's looking for the complete destruction as the propaganda claims. On the other hand, he's claiming for quite some time the destruction of Israel is not far away, with would mean Iran's destruction neither would be far away.

Yes, we live in a very beautiful world.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
And this is the man who is supplying hezbolla with $$$$$$/weapons/training/"advisors".

Would he be murdourious enough/ inhuman enough/tupid enough to give a nuclear weapon to Hezbolla to use???

Sadly, the answer is YES!

And remember folks, Iran only wants nuclear tech to make "peaceful electricity"

If his own words are not good enough reason for keeping Iran without nuclear tech, I don't know what is.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I kind of feel nuclear weapons are a blessing and a curse. It is a blessing because it has stopped many potential conflicts and will further deter wars. It is a curse for the obvious. If they are used, we all are * snip *. I don't even think the Iranian president is crazy enough to use them against Israel...Remember, Saddam also said he would crush the American invasion. Leaders, especially in that region, say a lot of bs.

[edit: censor circumvention removed]
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/8/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Not the tired old "Iran's crazy Prez is gonna nuke us all" story again.
No source mentioned for the supply of Iranian nuclear weapons, just that Iran will use them to wipe out Israel. People actually take this stuff seriously?

There's only one state in the ME with nuclear weapons. We know this because we gave them the tech and the weapons systems to put them on.

Besides, there are places out there that are holy to Islam as well as Judaism, would the clerics really allow the crazy Prez (who has no real authority to do sqat without said Clerical agreement) to go nuke those sites? The obvious answer is YES, cos they are crazy Islamic terrorists who hate us for our freedoms, stomp on kittens and are probably sexual deviants too. It said so in a newspaper using information received from an unnamed but reliable source so it must be true.... they wouldn't lie to us.....would they?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'd say that they would be much more likely to light one off in a secluded part of the Iranian desert somewhere as a "hello world, we are now a nuclear power" gesture. No way they would nuke Israel as it means certain doom for them 35 minutes later. It would be an ironic answer to the American demand that they cease and desist with their nuclear program.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
(1) Unless we have all been decieved Iran does not have nuclear weapons.
(2) Just about the same thing could be said for the funnymentalists in this country as well
(3) G. Bush is just as crazy as he is.
(4) The Wall Street Journal editorial page is infamously right wing and I wouldn't trust a word they say.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
How many times must Ahmadinejad beat the drum before some people realize that he is not kidding? This isn't North Korea where a psycho just holds on to power forever. He actually has a power base. If it were reported that Bush said that Iran needs to be wiped off the map, many people here would require no proof before believing it, and also think that Iran's demise would be emminent. Why does Iran get a pass?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie
How many times must Ahmadinejad beat the drum before some people realize that he is not kidding? This isn't North Korea where a psycho just holds on to power forever. He actually has a power base. If it were reported that Bush said that Iran needs to be wiped off the map, many people here would require no proof before believing it, and also think that Iran's demise would be emminent. Why does Iran get a pass?

Maybe because America (or rather the US government and it's Israeli lobbyists / paymasters) does want Iran removed as a regional power and because America does hold a huge number of nuclear weapons, whereas there is no evidence that Iran has even a single nuclear weapon

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Iran gets a 'pass' from a cetain (majority) of people here because they hate America an only wish the worst on the US of A. Pretty pathetic since most live within the states.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Must be some of those "self hating" Americans. Probably commies and gays

Why is it pathetic to criticise the actions of your government? I don't hate America or Americans. Sure, there are many I kinda feel sorry for with their pathetic drive for more war and bloodshed based on zero evidence, against people who are doing them no harm. That does not equate to "hating" an entire country and it's people though.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
BritGuy you are a closet American hater

Just kidding

I have noticed A LOT of hate and wishful thinking that the US falls though, which is odd, since most people on here live in the US, Canada, Europe, and Australia. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many times there have been posts saying the US military sucks and the US will become a third world country soon, oh my

Lions and tigers and bears oh my. Lions and tigers and bears oh my.

:Runs under my bed to hide from the next nuclear attack/alien invasion/economic meltdown:

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Iran gets a 'pass' from a cetain (majority) of people here because they hate America an only wish the worst on the US of A. Pretty pathetic since most live within the states.

that is a crock of right wing bullhooey. anyone who disagrees with you hates America. give me a bloody break. I am sick and tired of right wing self righteousness....like somehow only you people represent what it means to be Americans and patriots.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I love the topic very hot at this time of the year. . .

I love the source. . . very credible

I love the propaganda. . .

We all good Americans should stand up back up Israel and go marching into Washington right now and demand that US invade Iran and take out the evil people that wants to destroy, Israel the world !!!!!!For god sake!!!!! And those nice people of Israel!!!!!!

We cannot allowed Armageddon been started by Iran that is Israel Right how dare them.

I love propaganda, I love propaganda.

How wonderful.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2

what a load of BS

i guess you dont like people critising the united states or its chums,
get use to it this is the real world where if someone doesnt agree with you doesnt mean they hate you

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
~~

the author of that WSJ Op-Ed piece was Bernard Lewis, Princeton Prof.

And he has the ears of the Presidents neocons & PNACers...
who are following Prof Bernard Lewis' model in re-making the middle-east,
so whenever he makes a statement, even in a WSJ Op-Ed, we all better
pay attention...

source drudgereport.com

In Islam as in Judaism and Christianity, there are certain beliefs concerning the cosmic struggle at the end of time - - Gog and Magog, anti-Christ, Armageddon, and for the Shiite Muslims, the long awaited return of the Hidden Imam, ending in the final victory of the forces of good over evil,
however these may be defined.

the astute Prof Lewis knows full well the Persian (Iran) Supreme Leader and President are doing their best to usher in the conditions needed for the return of their 13th Imam.
Just as the Prof is privy to the inner workings of of the Administration and its BushDoctrine, & 1%ers, the Rumsfeld Hawks and Wolfowitzes, the GW Bush hero worship of Jesus and adherent to the idea of Dominionism.

Sure Bernard Lewis is putting out there speculative thoughts, but it is far from being just crazy talk.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join