It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran cloned it's first animal ever, resulted in success

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
First sheep ever cloned in the middle east and the 8th country to have this technology is Iran. This will be great for the economy. We are a bright country filled with smart people and no one can doubt that

TEHRAN, August 05 (ISNA)-The Middle East's first cloned animal was brought to life in the Royan research center related to Iran's Academic Center for Education, Culture and Research.

According to the stated report the first cloned animal in the Mideast was a sheep. This sheep which was brought to life for research purposes was born around 10 pm Wednesday, 2nd of August in Isfahan (central Iran) and lived 5 minutes.

Up to now only eight countries posses the technology and science to clone sheep, which depending on the experiences of these countries the stability of the oval remains between 3 to 5 percent and 92 to 93 percent are aborted.

www.isna.ir...

[edit on 5-8-2006 by Mehran]

[edit on 5-8-2006 by Mehran]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well, they really think Ahmenijad was success...

[edit on 5-8-2006 by ZMax]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
another sheep for you guys to sacrifice on ramadan... good job

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
gongratz on the success!
Next you will hopefully approve full stem cell research, that, mark my word, Bush will fly in, bombs behind, and explain it by your lack of morale!

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
5mins? did they kill it dilibratly? or was it not viable?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
yep if true, shows the west many of there perceptions are not true. interesting this race in cloning.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1le
gongratz on the success!
Next you will hopefully approve full stem cell research, that, mark my word, Bush will fly in, bombs behind, and explain it by your lack of morale!

Iran already has full stem cell research, Cloning and genetic engeering programs running in full swing for many many years infact they have been making Groundbreaking science in these fields for many years but for some reason people are more interested in bad news about iran only.

Anyway here's a small video done by a British Cahnnel 4 News. Click where it says "watch the report":
www.channel4.com...

[edit on 6-8-2006 by iqonx]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981

That was rude.

I never knew Iran was so advanced, China has shown that bio engineering in the medical field can be profitable seeing it is ilegal in the US, or just lagging behind the rest of the world. If Iran did not elect such a fool more people around the world would view its civilization for its technilogical advances.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by porky1981

That was rude.

I couldn't agree more, and would not have noticed if this wasn't bumped back up by a response.

How in the world will we ever expect the people of Iran to stand up for human rights and dignity within their country and the rest of the world, if they are ridiculed when they do something that can spur national pride? This was a great achievement for these scientists, and if Mr. I'm-mad-in-the-head wasn't leader of that country and things weren't so messed up, this would be a reason to cheer. Pride in their country is what will cause people to stand up for the truth and make themselves better people.

Without pride, many will continue to be brainwashed into accepting the ways that President I'm-mad-in-the-head sets forth, and the conditions of the area will fail to improve.

My $0.02

top topics

join