It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you ask that question I'll have to sue you....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
That's what the current admin is telling the residents of Maine..... many of the residents of a small county in Maine want to know if they were having their information sent by Verizon to the NSA.... WELL... before they could even get the hearing going... every-ones favorite lap dog showed up to remind everyone that if they did have this investigation it would be threatening National Security and they would have to sue.....So.... NOW.... we can't even investigate our government without being threatened by it ... I am seriously soo pissed right now im having trouble typing..... watch our big brother... some day... sometime you will get yours.

www.commondreams.org...

This is what happens when people are allowed to hate and become fearful.... we end up with leaders like we have today.... the naysayers... the ones who are going to come and and tell me how unpatriotic i am, and how im helping the terrorists.... well for you guys I almost hope this country goes fascist just so you can truly understand what your actions caused.

Apathy is the woeful acceptance of that which you would rather not think about.... are you apathetic?
mod edit: title, spelling

[edit on 6-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hold on to your blood pressure, el senor!
It's only gets worse!

Remember the lawsuit filed over AT&T giving info to the NSA?
It's been dropped:

In what sets a precedent in the NSA spying fiasco a federal judge dismissed charges brought against AT&T by the ACLU. As has happened before the national security card was waved and the rule to dismiss issued on the premise that confirmation or denial of the allegations would threaten our intelligence aparatus and give an advantage to our enemies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe this....OMG..... how is this possible... seriously when is something going to be done about this..... This whole constant war doctrine for executive power abuse has gone TOOOO FAR!

is it going to come down to pitchforks? Is that all we have left... what happened to being able to go before your government for a redress of grievances.... do we not have that right during a time of perpetual war or what? This government inho has gone over the line..... with all the fear mongering and war mongering, and don't pretend that WW3 and Armageddon on every major News network isn't fear mongering, what is a sane person to do. Even here on ATS not everyone sees it.... that only means the general population is even more duped..... I mean how much "truthiness" must we be forced to swallow....

I am in utter shock... this is beyond the scope of any sort of corruption.... i mean this is right up there with the creation of the Federal reserve and the IRS.... the constitution is meaningless now... absolutely meaningless.....

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Spread the informations among you're family and you're friends!!! It's very important!! It's a fight against the dictators of USA, a fight for our liberties.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The lead plantiff is a friend of mine. He is a principaled man, and understands his rights, I only hope the State does.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Mainer]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
seriously mainer... do you think you could get him to come on and post his experiences in regards to this investigation and subsequent lawsuit? Cause that would rock.....

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom
I cannot believe this....OMG..... how is this possible... seriously when is something going to be done about this..... This whole constant war doctrine for executive power abuse has gone TOOOO FAR!

~~~~~~~~~

the constitution is meaningless now... absolutely meaningless.....

Well, many believe this is beyond about war.
These erosions of our rights have more to do with NWO than just the Patriot Acts begun after 9/11.

Remember, though some of these rights were gladly given up in the name of natinal security.

@mainer:
I hope you will at least be able to update this thread, as MSM will likely ignore thise news.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The lawsuit brought by the Electronic Frontier Foundation against AT&T is still alive, currently adjourned until August 8.

The government intervened in the case and asked that it be dismissed because the suit could expose "state secrets." But Thursday, U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker refused: "The compromise between liberty and security remains a difficult one. But dismissing this case at the outset would sacrifice liberty for no apparent enhancement of security."
Link

But the Government wants to go as far as preventing such lawsuits from even reaching public court.

"Last week, Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Specter and the White House announced a deal on legislation that could lead the government to attempt to shuffle EFF's lawsuit and other challenges out of the traditional court system and into a secret court created by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA)."

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
This is typical, America is the least free nation on Earth regardless of what is espoused. We incarcerate many more people than other nations. Our police forces love to use force on our own citizens while the despots that run our nation cheer.
America is a passive aggresive nation. We as citizena allow our controllers to vote themselves a raise but veto a raise in the minimum wage. Congress are a bunch of thugs who steal from the common person ,be they GOP(Grand Oil Party) or Dems. The American publis is stupid and unsophisticated with an average reading level of 6th grade. Of course this is already known by the rest of the world community.. I am just stating the obvious.

top topics

join