It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start the game: AlltheUFOAnswers.com

page: 242
<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Where did you post the answer?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I posted it in a previous post. I have removed it until I know what is going on.

I've gone through and entered everything again and got the 'waiting to confirm' email at home. It comes across as SPAM so I had to change my filter rules.

Incidently, this is the final acreen:

Congratulations, you may be the one worthy.

You have satisfied the gauntlet of questions, kept your wits, and had the understanding to consider why we want to believe in UFO's and alien visitors.

Your reward, is the domain, alltheufoanswers.com

If all has gone well, it is now a very popular domain name with hundreds of websites linking to it, and thousands of people aware of its unusual beginnings.

Use it for the greater good, or for profit. It doesn't matter which, for you are now, the one worthy.

If you are the one worthy, you would be the first to respond. Wait for your confirming email to know if you indeed have won the prize.

I've been waiting awhile.

Edit: Skeptic Overlord just emailed me. Looks like its a done deal. But get this, he responded to my SECOND submission, not the first. So, looks like the first one didn't take. Glad it worked out though!

[edit on 8-9-2006 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
So why not share..and after you slagged Agent off for not sharing????
Strikes me as double standards but that's only my opinion.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
So why not share..and after you slagged Agent off for not sharing????
Strikes me as double standards but that's only my opinion.

Whoa there. I DID share. But since I had not received a confirmation email after a hour as was indicated on the final page, I decided to pull back the final answer until I heard one way or another. In fact, I rebsubmitted a second time because something did not seem right. Just trying to be smart. I actually posted the final answer at the request of Crakeur and because it was the right thing to do. Little did I know that my first submission on the confirmation page did not go through.

Please read my previous posts, I made it very clear what transpired.

But, now that I have received confirmation from SO, here is the final answer.

www.alltheufoanswers.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Congrat m8 you deserve it

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Congrat m8 you deserve it

Thanks m8.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Unbelievable....I can't count the number of times I typed in fellowship, maybe I need to learn how to spell better.

I missed it by three letters, I typed in everything but the word by itself....

Congrats Free on the win, I think you deserve it too!

Till the next one!

[edit on 8-9-2006 by downintheupside]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

But, now that I have received confirmation from SO, here is the final answer.

www.alltheufoanswers.com...

Oh man... All that googling and wiki'ing while a few simple dictionary entries based on companionship would have done the trick.

Nice job, Free.

See y'all next time.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
When's the next one S.O and co?p.s. let me win theres a crate in it for you.

Guess Ive won the next one now guys lol

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

When's the next one S.O and co?p.s. let me win theres a crate in it for you.

Guess Ive won the next one now guys lol

Crate of Guinness???? yummmmm

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Oh man... All that googling and wiki'ing while a few simple dictionary entries based on companionship would have done the trick.

Nice job, Free.

See y'all next time.

Yeah. I took a step back and thought that the sequence had to have some value and some common thread. The "wanting to believe" question was too broad and I can't count the number of hours researching and wrong answers I put in. When I looked again, I saw that the first two answers, while dealing with the concept of being alone, were from people of faith. The last two answers were obvious synonyms. So, I just thought, what would be a synonym of companionship that has more of a religious overtone. In fact, I googled this and found that 'fellowship' was next in line. The meaning rang true and the rest is history.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
WE HAVE A WINNER! "Freenrgy2" has WON THE GAME!

We also need to acknowledge another Member here, a Member without whom this game could not have happened, Valhall.

Valhall is the person you all need to vent your angst over the "IMPOSSIBLE questions" toward.
She is also the BRAIN behind the "patterns", philosophy and "links" of the REALLY hard ones, and for that matter the "not so hard ones too".

She spent the best part of the week before we initiated the game getting ALL the questions put together well prior to the start so we would be read for the onslaught.

I think we ALL owe a big THANK YOU to Valhall!

All the BEST to the Winner, Freenrgy2, may you live long and make your new domain PROSPER!

Springer...

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Let me be the first to congratulate freenrgy2 (although I already did

And also thanks too All the ATS staff included in the game....espeically VAL ....who we all love anyway

Well done guys on a gr8 game and whens the next one???

A last mention to Agent who discovered the game ...peace m8 and don't let the mothman bite

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
WE HAVE A WINNER! "Freenrgy2" has WON THE GAME!

We also need to acknowledge another Member here, a Member without whom this game could not have happened, Valhall.

AHHH....Free' at Last! (pun intended)

Was wondering why Val' was popping in with the occasional clue/fix.

Nice research, Val' , you definately had my head spinnin' , more than a few times, and I thought I knew a little bit about the UFO field.

Fortunately, the periodic 'stumpers' allowed time (for me, anyway) to catch up , and stay in the game.

Thanks to all the 'behind the scenes' contributors, too, who I'm sure put in a lot of time and effort to make this game happen.

Was informative. enlightening, and (mostly)
great fun working with all youz guys. Thanks for the patience.

It was also a marvelous way(for me) to learn the ins and outs of the site and it's workings.

Good job, and good luck , all.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by Jbird]

[edit on 8-9-2006 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Congrats Free.

Finally we can get some sleep.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Well I'll be a ufonaut's uncle. Congrats, Freenrgy2! Lie back on one Sumo, put yer feet up on the other, grab a cool mixed drink and savor the moment.

Interesting. I also thought that the final clues were leaning toward a more "religious" nomenclature. I never checked my thesaurus, though. "Fellowship". Hmph. It seems so obvious now!

So, y'got any ideas for the site?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Just wanted to extend thanks to Val, ATS and everyone who played the game!

I'll be glad to see those sleepless nights go away for awhile.

Once again, I think WE all demonstrated great TEAMWORK on some tough clues and showed what ATS is all about.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Valhall is the person you all need to vent your angst over the "IMPOSSIBLE questions" toward.
She is also the BRAIN behind the "patterns", philosophy and "links" of the REALLY hard ones, and for that matter the "not so hard ones too".

I think we ALL owe a big THANK YOU to Valhall!

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Springer]

Thanks to Val!!! Nice job. Who needs an easy game? The tough questions were the best... and the ones that made me do the most research, whether I was on the right track or not (often not)

Thanks to the ATS staff as well. I've been a casual 'observer' of ATS for a couple of years, but these two recent games made me join as a member. I now feel part of a community that I respect.

Free... already gave you thumbs up... you dominated.

Special thanks to all the players involved. Great teamwork and entertainment

Folks who really cracked me up throughout... Cutwolf, Crakeur, Tuning Spork.

I hope to see a similar game soon

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
According to HUNT in chat a couple weeks ago, they're already working on the next game which is more general knowledge as opposed to topic specific.

So look out for that one soon. I wouldn't be surprised if it was already done, since its taken us at least 2 weeks since he said that in chat.

I also think general knowledge will draw a lot more people in than a topic specific thing that may not interest everyone.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Congratulations to FREENERGY2

Man I,m so glad I don,t have to go input all those blummin answers again

Have more time to harass posters now. woot woot woot

top topics

<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join