It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats are Out to Lunch!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I tell you, when this country needs a true loyal opposition, the Democratic party is strangely out to lunch. And in need of a spine. That is their biggest problem.

The swiftboat wannabes in Pennsylvania's are workin overtime to smear Rep. Jack Murtha for his stance on troop re-deployment. They were supposed to have some anti-Murtha rally, but the grassroot Democrats (NOT the party leadership) out manneuvered them in support of Murtha.

If the Democratic leadership could pull its head outta its tail and get behind Murtha's position, the GOP wouldn't have a chance come the next elections. I don't expect them to get the message, tho.

Blood In The Water? Yes. Ours? Nope.
But here's a final sobering thought. Where is hell was the Democratic Party today?

To paraphrase a young John Kerry, where are our leaders? Did Howard Dean and the DNC step up and defend Jack Murtha? No. Did Nancy Pelosi utter a peep? Not one. Where are John Murtha's colleagues in the House on this? They love when he comes to their town and raises money for them. But stand by his side, perish the thought.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

[edit on 8/3/06 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I guess Washington has become such a mess that nobody is backing anybodies back.

If this is the sign of time to come I thing Americans should be very worry indeed.

We have a government already that disregard accountability and it seems that now everybody is in the same boat when it comes to irresponsibility.

BTW did you know that the same people that did the swiftboat campaign are working on campaigns for war-mart PO.

What can I tell you.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yeah, they're the same parasites who were behind the swiftboating of Kerry. What a bunch of angry losers. I can't imagine being driven constantly by such hate. Life's too short for that foul wingnut attitude. They might as well just give this one up. They can't touch Murtha.

As far as the majority of members from both parties, I think they're either bought off or blackmailed.

I do like Sen. Russ Feingold (D.). I don't care if he's "liberal." He's got more courage and integrity than the rest of his senatorial colleagues put together. He speaks truth to power and obviously doesn't have any real skeletons in his closet. Congressman Ron Paul (R.) from Texas is the same way. Maybe those two should run for president/VP!

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
there will always be a couple exceptions to the rule.

But on the whole I would definately have to agree. the Dems are just as bad as the reps anymore. They both suck from the corporate nipple and that is who they serve. The Big lobbies have infiltrated both parties. Kerry and Bush being in skull and bones was a real eye opener for me. They both admit to being in it and both say its too big a secret.

I have had my fill of both parties. They both used Ralph Nader for their own purposes. The Dems sued him at every turn and the Reps actually helped him fight those suits. Why? The Dems thought that Nader would hurt them and the Reps thought the Nader would help them break up the Dems. Games, games and more games. All the while the Dems appear to remain for the people while silently taking the corporate interest to heart and bashing the reps for doing the same thing....O whata web we weave when we practice to decieve.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The same thing is going on right now as we speak. Republicans are hard at work stealthly supporting green candidates against their Democrat opponents for upcoming elections. I guess its always gone on tho.

Nader should have been more intelligent.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
What it bothers the most is that Americans are aware of the situation with the two main party of the elite.

But nobody do anything to turn things around, is not protest not complains and not boycotts.

What is happening to America?

What is happening to people.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
What's happening to America?

Perhaps it is as simple as the VAST majority just does not agree with you.

Maybe not everyone sees a ghost in every corner and snakes in every closet.

Maybe, just maybe that many people are not wrong and the few might be? I'm speaking statistically of course.

Semper

new topics

top topics

join