It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to help train, equip Lebanon army

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
"WASHINGTON - The United States plans to help train and equip the Lebanese army so it can take control of all of its territory when the warfare between Israel and Hezbollah eases"

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

news.yahoo.com...

Hmmm, that puts the US military between Iran/Syria and Israel.

Will it include US bases?

Will US troops go on patrols with them?

Will the US participate in Hezbollah removal with the Lebanese army?

Will this be long term or permanent?

How long before the president of Iran throws a "Major Temper Tantrum" over this?

Will Syria also throw a tantrum over this?

[edit on 8/3/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well, this is the first thing to make semse out of this mess. Not that it's the US but somebody help these guys take care of themselves. Remember, "Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The Lebanese army needs to make up its mind-- fight Hezbollah or join them one of the two!!!!!!!!!!

www.jpost.com...

Read this

clip

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The Lebanese army needs to get off their duff and start fighting the invader/agressor army out of Lebanon and back into Israel . They would be absolutely out of their minds to be trained under this administrations policies. I am ashamed my country has allowed so many humans to die in such a way by not calling off the dogs in Israel. Bush & Co. are well aware of how many times Israel has crossed the blue line with incursions by air, land and sea in the past several years. With Hizbollah out of the way israel will be free to do as it pleases in Lebanon whenever it pleases, just as they do to the Palestinians, as long as they have a complacent lebanese army that agrees with whatever Israel wishes. BS I hope they fight back and soon.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
The Lebanese army needs to get off their duff and start fighting the invader/agressor army out of Lebanon and back into Israel . They would be absolutely out of their minds to be trained under this administrations policies. I am ashamed my country has allowed so many humans to die in such a way by not calling off the dogs in Israel. Bush & Co. are well aware of how many times Israel has crossed the blue line with incursions by air, land and sea in the past several years. With Hizbollah out of the way israel will be free to do as it pleases in Lebanon whenever it pleases, just as they do to the Palestinians, as long as they have a complacent lebanese army that agrees with whatever Israel wishes. BS I hope they fight back and soon.

Oh yeah, this would be effective. They can't handle Hez at a 10-1 ratio but you want them to fight the IDF? The only thing you've accomplished with this is further destabillity.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Oh yeah, this would be effective. They can't handle Hez at a 10-1 ratio but you want them to fight the IDF? The only thing you've accomplished with this is further destabillity.

As it stands right now the IDF has already killed about 30 or so Lebanese soldiers who were probably sitting or sleeping in their barracks. At least if they die it will be in the defense of the people they are paid to protect, rather then in their sleep by an Israeli bomber pilot.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'm with pieman on this one israel is killing everyone there not just hezbollah so get off your rear and send some hot lead back at them.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I am saddened by the bloodlust on the board. If WE can't come to a meaningful concensus among supposedly logical people, how can this mess be solved by those that only desire more bloodshed. :shk:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What kind of temper tantrum would Syria and Iran thrwo over this? Probably nothing but more retoric since that seems to be the only thing can do. Besides, the US is already next door to the both of them in Iraq.

top topics

join