It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T-STORMS in NY tonight !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The front coming threw is going to make some nasty t-storms tonight, so everyone prepare ! The heat wave we had is the fuel, and should get pretty nasty.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were major thunderstorms in New York. The entire region, from the Great Lake States through New England, has been in the grips of a heat wave. Records have been made and shattered all across the NorthEast.

It would seem that whenever such heat waves settle in, inclement weather; thunder-storms and tornadoes are the norm. At this present time, there are Tornado warnings posted for the Detroit area. All I can say is that I hope that the oncoming clash of hot, humid air between cooler air will bring about an end to this torrid weather. Hopefully, this will occur, ultimately, without much property damage and, of course, no injuries or loss of life.

If you live in this region, stay tuned to your local weather networks and be prepared to seek shelter if there is a severe weather or tornado warning announced.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I hope it pans out, but looking out my window now I hardly see a cloud in the sky.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What floor you live on ?
You have a good view of the west ?

Heres the local RAD :

www.wunderground.com...

[edit on 2-8-2006 by imbalanced]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm on the 14th looking kinda NNW I guess.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

It would seem that whenever such heat waves settle in, inclement weather; thunder-storms and tornadoes are the norm.

Yah think?

Let's crank up the HAARP arrays and "cook" those storms away.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
God, I hope we have thunder storms tonight, it's been deathly hot as of late. It literally feels as though its 120 degrees at times. It's been so hot people are passing out and electrical systems are catching fire. Last night my girlfriend and I cooked dinner and in 15 minutes we were both drenched in sweat.

Plus, I absolutely love thunderstorms.

Although I must agree, it seems pretty clear and sunny out now, even from the roof of my office.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
Let's crank up the HAARP arrays and "cook" those storms away.

Don't futz with 'em. I love a good summer storm, and we could use the rain. Please inform your supersecret Illuminati overseers to let 'em rip. No HAARPing.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
i hope it isn't too bad. some moron smashed my window in last night on my truck and i haven't been able to replace it yet. a garbage bag is no use in a bad storm

but yeah we are suppost to get hit tonight. too bad enviroment canada won't typicaly announce tornado warnings. heck it's hard enough to get them to admit that there WAS a tornado typicaly only when someone has pictures of the funnel clouds.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Cold front coming in Thurs night.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
With this disgusting sticky unbreathable hell-like weather that we're in the midst of, I'll take anything.

Cold front, thunderstorm, snowstorm, blizzard, 30º, 40º, whatever. Give me anything but this.

In the cold we can bundle up, this heat makes it impossible for people to breathe.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
well storm chacers here have already seen tornadoes arround guelf ont (apox west of toronto). that from global news at 6. unfortunately i didn't catch the whole story.

city tv news reported the tornado was arround morrison that is hwy 6 and the 401. for those who know the area.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by drogo]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Tommorow night is when the storms will be coming. Day to early.
Front is moving slow:

[edit on 2-8-2006 by imbalanced]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here they come !!!
WHOOO !!!
It will finally be cool tonight !!!

If they dont knock down any power lines

[edit on 3-8-2006 by R3KR]

[edit on 3-8-2006 by R3KR]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think they're expecting them around 8 pm. right now, from the 20th floor midtown NYC there's nothing but white wisps in the sky. they'll hit big time at 8, right when I am heading out with friends.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
So no major storms here , feels cooler though, 20 degree difference from yesterday.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Major thunderstorm here in Sydney Australia today - a house got hit in the middle of Sydney (Coogie) and had doors blown out and ALL electrical goods were destroyed.
More are coming apparently and a severe weather warning has been issued.
Mother Earth is fighting bac.k with a vengeance!!

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yesterday we had a bad storm whip thru Connecticut. Our power was out for the night, couldn't sleep at all. Even though the storm brought cooler air into the house it was still a bit muggy without A/C. I'm used to having that thing cranked full force at night when I sleep.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Looks like a nice weekend folks enjoy it !
No more storms ...err.....here in the northeast....so
get out there and drink some sangrea !

new topics

top topics

join