It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Documents Reveal Abuse at Guantanamo!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Gotcha, didn’t I? Well the title is 100% correct, there are documented cases of abuse at Gitmo, against US guards that is.

Detainees at Guantanmo Bay have attacked, harassed and abused US guards at the prison compound hundreds of times since 2002. A new report released by the Pentagon documents the instances and cases of detainee abuse and assault against US guards.

Incident reports reviewed by The Associated Press indicate Military Police guards are routinely head-butted, spat upon and doused by "cocktails" of feces, urine, vomit and sperm collected in meal cups by the prisoners.

They've been repeatedly grabbed, punched or assaulted by prisoners who reach through the small "bean holes" used to deliver food and blankets through cell doors, the reports say. Serious assaults requiring medical attention, however, are rare, the reports indicate.

The detainee "reached under the face mask of an IRF (Initial Reaction Force) team member's helmet and scratched his face, attempting to gouge his eyes," states a May 27, 2005, report on an effort to remove a recalcitrant prisoner from his cell.
"The IRF team member received scratches to his face and eye socket area," the report said.

Entire wings of prisoners were reported to become riotous after complaints emerged that guards mishandled a Quran or mistreated prisoners. On two occasions, however, prisoners themselves were reported to have destroyed their Muslim holy books, the reports state.

"Detainee residing in cell (redacted) block tore his Quran into small pieces," a guard reported in May 2003. A month later, a prisoner "did intentionally destroy his Quran and throw (it) out of his cell," another report stated.

The reports detail more than 440 incidents between guards and prisoners from December 2002 through summer 2005 that resulted in recommendations of discipline, an average of about three per week. The names of guards and prisoners as well as the final discipline were blacked out by the Pentagon.

Link

Please read the entire link, it shows how the detainees at Guantanamo perpetrate incidents themselves then later try to blame them on the US guards. It’s also funny how these sort of things never get reported and or covered in the media, hundreds of cases yet no mention of them. Interesting propaganda effort the detainees and their lawyers have going on there, interesting indeed. :shk:

[edit on 31-7-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So, you're saying that these detainees, the vast bulk of whom are being held without formal charges, have been shackled to the floor for many hours, starved, had dogs intimidate them, have been tortured, abused and humiliated...

...peed on the people who are holding them prisoners?

Whoa! How dare they!?!?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
So, you're saying that these detainees, the vast bulk of whom are being held without formal charges, have been shackled to the floor for many hours, starved, had dogs intimidate them, have been tortured, abused and humiliated...

...peed on the people who are holding them prisoners?

Whoa! How dare they!?!?

Agreed, I bet it was really difficult to grab a shower for them.

Quite frankly if all the abuses perpetrated upon these detainees is true, or even half, then I think a little pee on their boots is a light sentence placed upon them compared to what I would sentence them to as a judge.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
BH please PROVE that they have been tortured, that they’ve been denied food, and that they had dogs "intimidate" them. As for the rest, well they’re prisoners for a reason, and some techniques are a matter of perspective. My view of what's "humiliating" may be different than somebody else’s, so I'm not getting into that. And BTW what’s your view on this again? Are you condoning the assault and abuse against our troops by the detainees?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
And this is different from EVERY American prison how????

[edit on 31-7-2006 by loam]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
It’s also funny how these sort of things never get reported and or covered in the media, hundreds of cases yet no mention of them.

Except, of course, the AP article you use to cite the "evidence"...

Interesting propaganda effort

My thoughts exactly.... only I'm quite sure we are not saying the same thing.

EDIT:

BTW, I find it interesting that in MAY, Bush indicated he would close down GITMO, yet today we can find this article:

New maximum-security jail to open at Guantanamo Bay

Far from winding down, the controversial US detention centre is expanding

The controversy over the US-run detention centre at Guantanamo Bay is to erupt anew with confirmation by the Pentagon that a new, permanent prison will open in the Cuban enclave in the next few weeks...

More...

Once again, this President expediently lies. I find that pathetic.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by loam]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
WestPoint23,

What were you thinking, posting something like that? Haven't you got it yet? US = evil, evil, evil. It doesn't matter what good the US does, it is irrelivant propiganda. What bad befalls the US is karmic justice. If I had to rate a flexibility scale on ATS from 1-10, the average would be about 0.

Heaven forbid that some guys training to kill westerners actually have to be someplace where they can't hurt us. Doesn't matter that these are the same people who killed the US agents when they were detained in Afghanistan. They are harmless civilians.

Two of the biggest mistakes the US has made in the war on terror were letting Saddam out of that hole alive, and letting the Gitmo detainees out of Afghanistan alive.

That's right, I said it. Flame away.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

BH please PROVE that they have been tortured, that they’ve been denied food, and that they had dogs "intimidate" them.

Like you PROVED that the guards have been assaulted?

What will you take as proof?
FBI Agents Tell of Abuse at Gunatanamo

Detainees at the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, were shackled to the floor in fetal positions for more than 24 hours at a time, left without food and water, and allowed to defecate on themselves, an FBI agent who said he witnessed such abuse reported in a memo to supervisors, according to documents released yesterday.

As for the rest, well they’re prisoners for a reason,

Yes, because we said they were.

Are you condoning the assault and abuse against our troops by the detainees?

I believe that if I were being held against my will and I hadn't done anything wrong (innocent until proven guilty) and I was specifically being held outside the US so I didn't have access to US law, if I were being humiliated, tortured, force-fed, etc., then I would attempt to fight against my oppressors and I may even pee on a guard myself if I had the chance.

That's my position.

These detainees aren't being treated fairly. So I understand their behavior. If we treated them with the same respect we give our worst criminals here in the US, then I'd be on your side. But we don't. We are holding these people without charge.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Except, of course, the AP article you use to cite the "evidence"...

Yeah, 3+ years and it takes a FOIA request for this to come out, I highly doubt that constitutes as high media coverage.

Nonetheless, the incident reports released under the Freedom of Information Act and reviewed by AP provide a rare chronicle of events inside the prison from the guards’ perspective.

Originally posted by loam
My thoughts exactly.... only I'm quite sure we are not saying the same thing.

I’m no missionary; you can believe what you want but the fact that this was not released sooner and the fact that it took a FOIA request for it to come out proves to me otherwise.

BTW, I can discuss your article but what does it have to do with THIS topic? And when did Bush say he WAS going to close the prison at Guantanamo? Choose you world carefully now, be more careful next time.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If I thought that the worst torture I would ever have to undergo would be laying naked, or being cold, or being called a name, or not having any sleep, I would be a happy, happy person. Quite frankly, when I think of torture I think of:

rape
removal of limbs
electric shock
drill to the kneecap
being fed feet first into a chipper
having your child killed in front of you

So please, keep me up without sleep and call me names. I'll thank you for it.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
THANK GOD THIS REPORT CAME OUT!!!
Now finally we know who is really being abused. everyone tries to make the USA look like the big bad boogieman, but, ha, seems they are proved wrong.

These guards show awesome restraint when they are attacked don't they?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie
If I thought that the worst torture I would ever have to undergo would be laying naked, or being cold, or being called a name, or not having any sleep, I would be a happy, happy person. Quite frankly, when I think of torture I think of:

So please, keep me up without sleep and call me names. I'll thank you for it.

No one has responded to you, or called you any names. No one has flamed you. I think you are trying to provoke it though, so I would like to thank all my fellow members for keeping their wits about them and not surrendering to the D Ego.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
If you were in a concentration camp (which is what gitmo is), and you were innocent which the vast majority of these people are (look it up), and if you were being tortured, and humiliated, and starved....wouldnt you do something to fight back? Or would you sit there like a coward and take it? Dont blame these guys for attacking US guards when the US guards commit atrocities that even the SS guards in WW2 didnt do. These SUSPECTED ''terrorists'' have been detained for more than 4 years...no trial, no lawyer, no charge...theyre just being kept there so the mind-controlled soldiers can have some fun...makes me sick. When did the land of the free, home of the brave....turn into the land of the weak, home of the slave...probably sometime after Kennedy was assasinated.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Like you PROVED that the guards have been assaulted?

What will you take as proof?

Surly more than that for a topic such as this, you claimed a lot there BH, and I need not remind you what extraordinary claims require. BTW I’m showing you what internal Pentagon documents reveal about the conditions that the guards have to face every day, you don't believe them?

That's my position.

Why all the fluff when all you had to do was say yes?
The detainees are not US citizens, so whatever you thing you’re entitled to is irrelevant to this case, they are foreign military nationals captured on the battlefield. Accordingly (and for good reason) the rules are a little different than they would be for Mrs. Benevolent Heretic.

Again note to everyone, this is about the ABUSE that US guards have to endure at Guantanamo, thank you.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
''This is MY country'' - Westpoint

Dont you know, Westpoint my man, that the big international banking cartels, for thousands of years, have used nationalism as a way to further divide and rule the people.

Dont you know that these banks put up the money to found and finance all the countries, and control who gets into positions of power to give the people the illusion of some kind of say?

Dont you know that they divide the land masses of Mother Earth into different ''countries'' in order to divide the people into different camps, arm these camps, then have them wage war against each other. Its classic divide and rule.

Dont you know the symbols that the people who own these banking cartels use are on basically every flag of every country? They are on every major corporation, every bank, any kind of influencial institution of power?

Nationalism, flag waving, its all nonsense to the core. We are all one people, living on one planet. We are the human species. Although most of us are still barbarians who love to wage war and solve quarrels so primitively, we still are in this together. Until we realize that, there will never be peace, and never be freedom.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I can just see it now. Right. Someone shackled like an animal is going to be "abusive"

Thanks for the laugh

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

BTW I’m showing you what internal Pentagon documents reveal about the conditions that the guards have to face every day, you don't believe them?

I didn't say that... In fact, I think it's highly likely that if a prisoner has a chance to spit on a guard, he probably does. However, there's certainly a lot coming out of the Pentagon that I don't believe. The fact that it 'comes out of the Pentagon' lends NO credence to the claim.

Why all the fluff when all you had to do was say yes?

I wanted to be completely clear. I thought that would be all right.

The detainees are not US citizens, so whatever you thing you’re entitled to is irrelevant to this case...

Oh, I know the excuse they use. That doesn't happen to make it morally ok in my book, though. I believe all people are entitled (if not legally) to humane treatment. And I believe expressing my thoughts on the subject IS relevent in this thread.

Mrs. Benevolent Heretic.

I prefer "Ms." actually.
j/k

Again note to everyone, this is about the ABUSE that US guards have to endure at Guantanamo, thank you.

I think it's miniscule compared to what the prisoners have to endure, so it's pretty hard for me to muster up much sympathy... And I think much of the 'abuse' the guards are enduring is probably owed to them for what they do the the prisoners.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Thanks for the laugh

I’m sure the US guards who have to put up with this crap on a daily basis and who have to restrain themselves less they not cause a sensational "incident" are laughing their A off too.
Glad you enjoyed yourself though. :shk:

The fact that it 'comes out of the Pentagon' lends NO credence to the claim.

If the Pentagon had released this earlier and on their own to show how "bad" the detainees were I might understand where your coming from but this was released upon a FOIA request, which leads me to think otherwise. BTW this is a very important story because when people saw that the detainees were shackled/handcuffed and kneeling while being watched by US guards they immediately started complaining and or making allegations. However now we know WHY they were treated like that, the safety of those guars is of utmost importance.

Oh, I know the excuse they use. That doesn't happen to make it morally ok in my book, though. I believe all people are entitled (if not legally) to humane treatment. And I believe expressing my thoughts on the subject IS relevent in this thread.

Of course they are, I just think there should be a distinction between what rights you and I have and the rights entitled to a detainee. We wont agree on this but IMO they have not been tortured, perhaps treated a bit roughly, but not tortured, and they haven’t been denied food or water. So I’d say they're getting what they are entitled to.

I think it's miniscule compared to what the prisoners have to endure, so it's pretty hard for me to muster up much sympathy... And I think much of the 'abuse' the guards are enduring is probably owed to them for what they do the the prisoners.

I cant say I agree with that, in fact I completely disagree with this. Those guards/interrogators (if you've ever listened to one) are professionals, they don’t torture the prisoners and they aren't responsible for the things some would have you believe. The fact that they risk their lives each and every day dealing with people who would gladly kill them and other Americans and the fact that they do this with great restraint says a lot about their character, and that isn't "miniscule" by any measure. So no I don't support the abuse and the attacks on out soldiers by foreign combatants, and you shouldn't either, for several reasons.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
How many guards have been raped or detained without trial?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
How many guards have been raped or detained without trial?

Isn't that by definition what a government job is all about?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I think this whole story is a non-issue. Like I said, show me how these detainees behave any differently than every prisoner in the US penal system.

*yawn*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join