It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hiding among civilians myth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
When reading this article, I felt that this journalist seems to have more credibility then alot of the talking heads on t.v.

The bombs came just as night fell, around 7 p.m. The locals knew that the 10-story apartment building had been the office, and possibly the residence, of Sheik Tawouk, the Hezbollah commander for the south, so they had moved their families out at the start of the war. The landlord had refused to rent to Hezbollah when they requested the top floors of the building. No matter, the locals said, the Hezb guys just moved in anyway in the name of the "resistance."

Everyone knew that the building would be hit eventually. Its location in downtown Tyre, which had yet to be hit by Israeli airstrikes, was not going to protect it forever. And "everyone" apparently included Sheik Tawouk, because he wasn't anywhere near it when it was finally hit.

Yes I know what your thinking but please read on then respond.

Although Israel targets apartments and offices because they are considered "Hezbollah" installations, the group has a clear policy of keeping its fighters away from civilians as much as possible. This is not for humanitarian reasons -- they did, after all, take over an apartment building against the protests of the landlord, knowing full well it would be bombed -- but for military ones.

"You can be a member of Hezbollah your entire life and never see a military wing fighter with a weapon," a Lebanese military intelligence official, now retired, once told me. "They do not come out with their masks off and never operate around people if they can avoid it. They're completely afraid of collaborators. They know this is what breaks the Palestinians -- no discipline and too much showing off."

The Hezbollah guys, on the other hand, know that letting their fighters near outsiders of any kind -- journalists or Lebanese, even Hezbollah supporters -- is stupid. In three trips over the last week to the south, where I came near enough to the fighting to hear Israeli artillery, and not just airstrikes, I saw exactly no fighters. Guys with radios with the look of Hezbollah always found me. But no fighters on corners, no invitations to watch them shoot rockets at the Zionist enemy, nothing that can be used to track them.

Every other journalist I know who has covered Hezbollah has had the same experience. A fellow journalist, a Lebanese who has covered them for two decades, knows only one military guy who will admit it, and he never talks or grants interviews. All he will say is, "I'll be gone for a few months for training. I'll call when I'm back." Presumably his friends and neighbors may suspect something, but no one says anything.

Hezbollah's political members say they have little or no access to the workings of the fighters. This seems to be largely true: While they obviously hear and know more than the outside world, the firewall is strong.

So the analysts talking on cable news about Hezbollah "hiding within the civilian population" clearly have spent little time if any in the south Lebanon war zone and don't know what they're talking about. Hezbollah doesn't trust the civilian population and has worked very hard to evacuate as much of it as possible from the battlefield. And this is why they fight so well -- with no one to spy on them, they have lots of chances to take the Israel Defense Forces by surprise, as they have by continuing to fire rockets and punish every Israeli ground incursion.

To me it seems dumb to have the militant arm of Hezbollah working among the civilians. That would seem to put a hole bunch of extra paranoia on the militants witch could be gotten rid of easy if they were just kept away.They cant just look at some on the street and say he/she is with our cause.
The paranoia of spies can be cut out of the picture if the militant arm stayed away of civilians for the most part also.
They have a political wing to deal with peoplsite here

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This may be true in "normal" conditions, when IAF doesn't prowl overhead hunting you 24/7 and when Hezbollah could strike with impunity.

but at the moment Hezbollah has to use all the cover and protection they can use, including civilian installations and UN Forces... or if they don't use them they're plain stupid.
Keep indirect fire force close to civs or UN, own infantry units close to israeli forces...

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
"This may be true in "normal" conditions, when IAF doesn't prowl overhead hunting you 24/7 and when Hezbollah could strike with impunity.

but at the moment Hezbollah has to use all the cover and protection they can use, including civilian installations and UN Forces... or if they don't use them they're plain stupid"

How did you end up with that idea?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
That's how i would operate... and since i've been trained to operate with enemy having full air superiority and decicive fire power advantage, situation that isn't all that different than what hezbollah is facing. alltough we know that our "possible enemy" (Russia) probably won't care about civilian casualities in the scenario where they fight Finland... When enemy is pounding you the safest place is next to their HQ

Hezbollah doesn't have anything to protect them exept civilian coverage, the terraing in unfavourable and they lack AAA and SAM assets to defend themselves.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well when I saw this story I was a bit disturbed, so I went looking and found this for starters:

Photos that damn Hezbollah

3 photos clearly show that Hez is amongst civilians and in civilian clothes to dissapear quickly when need be. Interestingly this just came out on drudge. So this counters that reporters story, and this comes with photos to back it up.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The TRUTH is, these civilians are being purposely targeted by Israeli smart weapons. Your lying media is deceiving you on a mass scale. It is almost impossible to distinguish between Hezbollah fighters, resistance fighters against Israel, and civilians because Hezbollah supporters make up 70% of the population.

For those who dont know and for those who have been deceived by your bought-and-paid for media, Hezbollah is not an evil terrorist organization, whose goal it is to destroy Israel. Thats pure propaganda. Spin. Meant to gain support for desired policies. They are a resistance to Israeli imperialism. Now im no fan of Hezbollah, or any terrorist group, Im just saying it like it is.

Its funny though cuz its actually the big banks that put up the money to fund both Israel and Hezbollah so they can control both sides of the conflict. Why do you think there has been no cease fire?

Americans havent demanded a cease fire, and why would they? They are selling Israel the bombs they are using against Lebanon, oh yes, CNN even reported it. They make profit from this, why would they want it to end?

These poor civilians are suffering so much at the hands of Israel, its unbelievable. If the people actually knew the real number of dead on both sides, there would be a revolution. Lets all pray for a cease fire immediately.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
what media outlets do you use?

Mod Edit: Deleted Quote Of Entire Preceding Post.

[edit on 31/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

So this counters that reporters story, and this comes with photos to back it up.

That's an AA gun, not a rocket launcher.
And guerilla fighters typically don't have uniforms.

How many of the partisan groups fighting the Nazis in WW2 wore uniforms?

[edit on 7/31/06 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I use my link to Creator God as my media outlet...I use Ascended Master teachings, and alternative media. I dont follow any laws except the Laws of the Universe.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AscendedMaster
If the people actually knew the real number of dead on both sides, there would be a revolution. Lets all pray for a cease fire immediately.

And what real numbers do the masters know to be fact, oh great one?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I do not answer to arrogant ignorance

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AscendedMaster
I do not answer to arrogant ignorance

Well, I was not being sarcastic. If you indeed are an ascended master, the words "great one" are appropriate. Do you now deny that you are an ascended master?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well Im not an Ascended Master, but I aspire to be one, and in order for that to come quicker, I have to live like i am one. Its how the mind and creation work together.

And if you were being sarcastic thats fine. I just hope you learned something from what I wrote.

Peace and Love to you.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by AscendedMaster]

top topics

join