It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Worlds Coolest Word

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Now this is just a bit of fun but im interested to find out wat you guys think is the coolest word in the world to me its pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconeosis just because its the longest

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconeosis
It is a long one, but what is it? What does it mean?

To me, the cooolest word right now is...

"Air-Conditioner" okay, so it's two words. It's friggin' hot here in Chicago. It's gotta be near 100 degrees, Fahrenheit.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
its actually a type of lung cancer whcih people get from inhaling a certain type of volcanic dust

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
"Cease-fire" and "Peace" come to mind most readily... lesser so does antidisestablishmentarianism...

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
penultimate

Cool to use. As in, please refer to my penultimate post for clarification. Usually it isn't even spelled correctly, let alone used correctly.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (s e x)
just cause it can make anyone think so many different things at once and if you say it in a crowd of people, they are like OMG hahahaha

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
hmmmm......the coolest word i would have to say is..... Hippotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia. or flux capacitor or ninja or something like that

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Plethora

Say it with me.

Plethora

There are a plethora of other words that are not as cool as plethora.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Sorry but your all wrong the coolest word is ALCOHOL just ask the three amigos (espeically SO) pictured here

EDIT for spelling alcohol lol

[edit on 30/7/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
That's easy:

"D'oh!"

Just cuz it's so dang useful in so many situations.

I also like:

yutz, pineapple, caballero, muffin, hullabaloo, shenanigans and of course that will bring us back to D'oh! a dear a female...oops sorry got distracted.

Fun thread,

Spiderj

edit to add: And hippopotamus

[edit on 7/30/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
has to be bollocks and/or wanker

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
'Avastconglomorationofexpedienttrivia" It is a nice way to say "A bunch of BS." LOL

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
'F You see gay...'

worth to say

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I hate to say this since the greatest word in the world is also a member's name and could be taken the wrong way. Whenever I feel anxious I repeat to myself loam. There is just something soothing and centering about both the sound of that word and the dance your mouth and tongue perform as they slowly pronounce it.

Come chant it with me:
llOOOaammm...
llOOOaammm...
llOOOaammm...

My second favorite word is my personal cure for major depression (everyone I tell this to thinks that I'm nuts but I swear it worked for me.) I noticed one day that it was impossible for me to be unhappy for a short time following the pronouncement of the word purple. Maybe it is because I have a visual mind and so the sound of the word triggers the impression of the color. My emotions have always been associated with colors (I can see them ever so slightly over my field of vision) and the color purple always seems to be a positive color that has a positive effect on my emotions.

Jon

PS I worked part-time in a soil-lab every day after school.
PPS I stopped taking anti-depression drugs after a year of purple therapy and I've never felt better.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Buffalo

It sounds cool if you say it when you belch too

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by riotgirl8268
hmmmm......the coolest word i would have to say is..... Hippotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia

YOU STOLE MY WORD

LOL hellmutt

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
"Gazeebo" is so satisfying. Either that or "Crapulent".

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I would just have to go with 'cool'
It's self explainitory...

top topics

join