It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel says no occupation - calls up 30k troops to invade Lebanon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
According to Fox News 30,000 more troops have been called up for training to enter the Israeli Lebanese war. Fox News The war only seems to be picking up speed every day, no sign of it winding down.

We know that Syria has said it will attack if Israel invades Lebanon, as of now Israel has only occupied small towns on the border.

We know that Iran has allowed volunteer troops to attempt to cross Turkey into Syria to join this war as well, also that the Iranian president will back any attack on Syria.

We know, as of today that Al Quida has called for a global jihad against Israel and is now encouraging Muslims from all over the Middle East to go and fight Israel.

Israel seems to have gotten into a mess, not only has the fighting been extreem for both sides, but the bombing reduced Lebanon to dust. It is only a matter of time until eventually Syria and Iran threaten more or even attack Israel, which would inflame the region. Is it inevitable that America may have to assisst Israel? Is it impossible to come to a sensible agreement now? Have we officially crossed that thin line of sanity and sparked a massive regional war that lies dormant until one event wakes the beast?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
My a** they won't occupy... They WANT to occupy the territory up to the river, to have the water from it. And if they invade, lebanese government said it, they will bring their soldiers to fight the zionists, also, Syria also said that if the zionist army is too near their capital, they could enter the war.

Saudi arabia also said they would enter the war if Israël was going too far.

If Israël invade, as they seems to prepare, this could be HORRIBLE.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
But what I am speculating is that Israel is preparing to push back, and push back far. Israel will take up to the river, but the neighboring countries may decide Israel will not stop, so they may in fact enter to attack themselves. It apears it is a delicate situation that could blow wide open if not enough restraint is taken. Israel says they won't occupy, then they bring up 30k more reserves, Israel will say what makes the people happy but in the end will do what best fits Israel.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Isn't 3 divisions = 3k mens and not 30k mens? If they really mobilised 30k mens, hell yeah their going to invade and occupy because i heard that to invade and occupy Lebanon, they would only need 5k mens, heard on an analyst on CNN.

So either they plan to fight against Syria/Lebanese army/Hizbollah all in one or?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Isn't 3 divisions = 3k mens and not 30k mens? If they really mobilised 30k mens, hell yeah their going to invade and occupy because i heard that to invade and occupy Lebanon, they would only need 5k mens, heard on an analyst on CNN.

So either they plan to fight against Syria/Lebanese army/Hizbollah all in one or?

Yeah 30 thousand reserves, how many brigades that is I am not sure, but the IDF said that all the men and women of those 30k are being trained to fight in Lebanon.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
So that's clear, they'll invade and occupy or fight Syria. Because they don't need 30k mens to invade south lebanon...

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
So that's clear, they'll invade and occupy or fight Syria. Because they don't need 30k mens to invade south lebanon...

Hmm.. Unless they invade and use the rest to prepare for a attack. An attack from who I wonder? They surley do not need 30k men running into a small country like Lebanon, plus how ever many are actually active. This is a large invasion force, the combined 30k reserves + already active reserves and IDF military forces rival even our troop numbers in Iraq, a much much larger nation. Every male is drafted for believe 3 or 5 years, women 2 years I think, they have many more reserves to call up to continue what ever it is Israel plans to do.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I saw 15,000 men. They said 3 divisions of 5,000 troops. That was earlier today...if the number really has gone up to 30,000 then something may be up. Maybe its because of the nuke that one guy who started a thread is talking about.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
By the look of this map it appears that Israel has just about covered all areas as it is. Obviously, IDF now stepping up ground offensive.

i43.photobucket.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I doubt they have been hitting that close to the Strian border.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

I think you mean Sryian border.
Again he has backed up his statemend with a source, while i should just trust your one liner comments about your 'doubts' the IDF has attacked that close to the the 'Strian' border?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   

21:35 Al Jazeerah: Israeli warplanes fly over Lebanon - Syria borderline

21:30 Israel in fierce fighting with Hizbollah on three border points

www.beawitness.info...

I guess the Lebanese account of whats happening in their own backyard is wrong?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I saw 15,000 men. They said 3 divisions of 5,000 troops. That was earlier today...if the number really has gone up to 30,000 then something may be up. Maybe its because of the nuke that one guy who started a thread is talking about.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by princeofpeace]

Fox News link one first post, first paragraph details the call up of 30,000 reservist to prepare for action "in Lebanon".. I would have thought by now Israel would send in a few attack teams and begin to wind down, it appears there is more to this war then we are being told. Israels massive bombing campaigns and wars in the past usually end fast as to not agitate the region to much, except when they occupy land. Is that possibly what they really do intend to do.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Isreal is strutting its stuff. you know showing what its got. when 30k people step up to the plate it looks daunting no?

The enemy thinks Isreal could be stupid enough to move on Lebanon, America could be stupid enogh to let it. Or its just what it needs to have an excuse to open up a can of woop arse.

So here it is. Enemy terrorizes, Isreal retaliates with a bag full of gusto. enemy threatens so does his friends. isreal puts up his dukes and says "bring it". (he's already called his 30,000 cousins who are hiding out back). Enemy and friends says "you ain't got the balls to do it."
Isreal says "your right but i'm an idiot who has a big friend with real big balls" (america and others who are to sheepish to make up thier own mind on the conflict).
enemy pokes with a long stick to see if he's real pissed off. Isreal wastes 400 civilians.
enemy says "ouch! you animals now we fatwah your jesus stick"
Isreal invades and occupies Lebanon and three wise men come bearing gifts.
Syria shoots wise men saying "jihad deki deki"
Iran prances across Turkey joins Syria to meet up with Hezbollagnese and they get wasted by americans taking pot shots from guard towers in bagdag.
Big star appears and the little drummer boy leads everyone back to Isreal.
Jesus appears floats down from the star. Smites everyone with his big Jesus stick and say "you idiots. look how many you killed blah blah blah satan satan hell hell you go there"
followed by death and destruction.
the end.
and Australia lives happily every after -1

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I thought I heard Israel wants International forces to patrol southern Lebanon south of the river located there. That way, Hezbollah won't have the range to shoot their rockets. At least I believe that is what the thinking is.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
Isreal is strutting its stuff. you know showing what its got. when 30k people step up to the plate it looks daunting no?

The enemy thinks Isreal could be stupid enough to move on Lebanon, America could be stupid enogh to let it. Or its just what it needs to have an excuse to open up a can of woop arse.

So here it is. Enemy terrorizes, Isreal retaliates with a bag full of gusto. enemy threatens so does his friends. isreal puts up his dukes and says "bring it". (he's already called his 30,000 cousins who are hiding out back). Enemy and friends says "you ain't got the balls to do it."
Isreal says "your right but i'm an idiot who has a big friend with real big balls" (america and others who are to sheepish to make up thier own mind on the conflict).
enemy pokes with a long stick to see if he's real pissed off. Isreal wastes 400 civilians.
enemy says "ouch! you animals now we fatwah your jesus stick"
Isreal invades and occupies Lebanon and three wise men come bearing gifts.
Syria shoots wise men saying "jihad deki deki"
Iran prances across Turkey joins Syria to meet up with Hezbollagnese and they get wasted by americans taking pot shots from guard towers in bagdag.
Big star appears and the little drummer boy leads everyone back to Isreal.
Jesus appears floats down from the star. Smites everyone with his big Jesus stick and say "you idiots. look how many you killed blah blah blah satan satan hell hell you go there"
followed by death and destruction.
the end.
and Australia lives happily every after -1

What the bloody hell are you going on about man?? Bit to many "refreshments" tonight?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
call me nostradumbarse. my predictions are accurate so you should sell your children for money to buy supplies for the coming war which will swallow us all in a glorius bbq.

no really. you see the stupidity in my words? then you see the stupidity in these relentless conflicts that only ever make more death destruction and money.

top topics

join