It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage as Preswick Airport Used By American Forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It has been reported today that American planes landed at preswick airport in scotland in order to refuel and rest troops the planes were carried so called bunker buster bombs and the airport was not notified

BBC NEWS ARTICLE

I personally would like to know why they are taking bombs to to israel and also y they and the UK didn't want a ceizefire

what do u think

[edit on 27/7/06 by Xenesthad]

Edit: title

[edit on 27-7-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This is not surprising at all.

At the start of the Iran enriching to make nuke bombs, Israel ordered a large order of the largest "bunker buster" bombs the us produced-conventional, of course.

This could be deliver of the order, or more of the same.

Why does Israel need them-well D'UH!

To use on hezbolla underground bunkers full of men and equipment.

Of course, let us not forget Iran and it's intent to make nuclear bombs and use them.
Israel has said it will not allow Iran to have nuclear weapons-which it would of course use on Israel.

Wel all know why Israel needs it's nuclear weapons-it is what have kept the Muslim hoards from simple overrunning Israel and killing every man woman and child-like they say they want and have tried to do several times already.

Israels nuclear weapons = stop to muslim hoards invading

Iran having nuclear weapons = muslim hoards going in.....

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
what i believe will eventually happen is that Israel will attack an iranian nuclear facility which will spark off WWIII

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's interesting why they didn't use RAF Leuchars as it's only about 15 minutes airtime from Prestwick. I guess they'll know better next time.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i dont think the UK government want there to be a next time

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I can't ue that link, but this may be the same article:
BBC

So far, this is at the alleged stage. The article states:

"We have already let the United States know that this is an issue that appears to be seriously at fault, and we will be making a formal protest if it appears that that is what has happened," she said.
"There's embarrassment about the fact Britain might have been used as a staging post and annoyance at the fact procedures don't appear to have been followed.

For all we know this may just be someone who knows the history of this particular airport stirring up the public against the US or even agaisnt specific local parties that they want to oust in next years elections.

Prestwick - which lies 30 miles south of Glasgow - had supplied logistical aid for military flights since WWII in "moving troops and cargo", an airport spokesperson said.
"That support involves allowing crew to rest, refuelling aircraft and providing food and water.
"The airport is obliged to allow aircraft from any CAA-registered country to land here."

Until we get a formal complaint from the Brits, I'm not paying attention to this article.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The USA seem to think that they can walk into anyones country and to anything they like that is the main issue that needs to be sorted out

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This would explain all of the air traffic during the nights here. I was wondering about that.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think the annoyance is more to do with not being notified in case there was an accident while in UK airspace,and not having the necessary firefighting support services on standby while at Prestwick.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The UK government clearly knew about this, so there doesn't seem to be any issue of notifiying anyone or asking permission.

new topics

top topics

join