It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Proof of aliens in ancient egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I was looking around the BBC News website when I found on article about scientists testing a gem off an ancient egyptian mask, and they found that it was made of glass, and in ancient egypt they didny have glass. So where did it come from? They suggest that it was from a meteorite, but I think it may have come from some kind of aliens that visited ancient egypt.

Link to article
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a peice of glass is far from proof of aliens in egypt. Peculiar as it may be it is not proof of anything other than itself.

Don't throw around the word proof so lightly. Proof will come when the words " I think" or "so maybe" are replaced with "this is."

Some people on here need to learn to sit back and look at the whole picture and examine these stories before jumping to conclusions. "Aliens!" should not be your first conclusion. If you read the article it is obvious that meteorite impacts have turned desert sand into glass many times and some of it is out there in the desert right now. If it can be adequately explained using earthly things, chances are that is how it really happened.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by CaptainKirk]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
so they were wrong. there was glass in ancient egypt!!

lol

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Doesn't sand fuse into glass when struck by lightening. So I guess that's where it came from, must've been considered quite a fancy trinket at the time.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I saw the documentary on this programme. Apparently they think that a meteorite exploded in the atmosphere above a desert in Egypt, which fused the sand so tightly together that it made this greenish glass. Apparently the same effect was noticed after the first A-bomb was tested.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Here's a better pic of the jewel and head dress, It is called "Lybian Desert Glass" and it does come from an impact or explosion that radiated immense tempreture's to fuse it. It is made of all earth bound ingredient's except for the remnents of the asteroid, comet had left behind as dust particles.
You can Google "Lybian Desert Glas" in "Images" and see all different size's of this much sought after Gem, they even have tour companie's to take you hunting for it around Egypt and thier neighbor's.

Hope this help's you ??

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
No way Kirk, that thar's alien Glass fer sure! Probly biproduct of whatever power the aliens used to build the pyramids!

new topics

top topics

join