It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perceived time anomalys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
In 1986, I experienced a 'weird' apparent time anomaly.
Running late for work, I left home by the clock in my kitchen and the bedside clock, at 5.49 am. I ran most of the way to the railway station arriving at 6.02 by the station clock. A railway announcement said the 6 am was running a few minutes late and at 6.10 it arrived.
The journey to my destination was average 40 mins, 30 minutes to the city (change) 10 to my work suburb.
I fell asleep during the stretch to the city, breifly awaking a few stops before.
Train terminates at the city and I awake, and make haste to catch my connecting train so Im not late. In the city terminal I meet my brother, who lives in a different suburb but works with me.
He is taking his time having a leisurely breakfast at a station cafe, and I point out we are late.
He is amused and points to the station clock which is showing 6.03 am
Ofcourse I reason this is wrong and ask several passers by, who each confirm this time within a minute either way.
Suffice to say, we have coffee and catch an earlier train arriving at work with time to spare.
So it appears i arrived at the city before I left, which is ofcourse impossible.
Returning home I make a check of all clocks and find them to be on time, and in sync with tv programming.
I have always assumed it a matter of my own skewed perception, being tired, as any rational person would, however I clearly remember the announcement at my station and spoke to the same station worker Id bought my ticket from the next day, He confirmed the 6am had been late.
So it remains a mystery. It was very strange at the time and I have never forgotten it. Its way too long ago now to investigate further, but I would have liked to get to the botom of it.
Apart from normal dejavu most experience from time to time, this is the only 'strange' event that has occured in my life to date.
Just thought id share it here.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
As the magnetic poles fluctuate so do the grid of vortices or global power points when these areas are in transite time envelopes occur people get caught in them .
Or you have had a temporeal bilocation. either event creates the time gain or loss sensation in the cognitive process.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
One other possible cause very low probability though, You are not in the possesion of a hyper-deminsional resonator that has the touch plates aligned to a vorticies in your area.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Interesting. I had an experience that, while not a time anomaly, was a "reality" anomaly. Of course, you could call this a coincidence.

This uses fictitious names. I'll be "John", and I had friends "Jim" and his wife "Mary". I had tentative plans to go hunting with Jim. I call Jim's house the night before to finalize our plans. Mary answers the phone, I refer to her by name, I identify myself, and we have a brief conversation. She then puts Jim on the phone, and we talk about what time we're going to leave, where we're going to hunt, etc. As the conversation goes on, Jim is making some statements that don't sound quite like him. I started asking questions and to make a long story short, I learn that he is not my friend at all, but a completely unkown person.

What are the chances of coincidentally calling a number that was very close to the "real" number and connecting with a person with the same name as my friend, with a wife with the same name as my friend's wife, having a friend with my same name, having the same plans for the next day, and having enough in common that it took over 20 minutes before I realized something was odd.

I often think that perhaps there are no coincidences, but I have no other explanation for this phenomenon.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Now thats an intresting story! Co-incedences of many kinds, some quite extrordinary are well documented and this is an area of 'the unexplained' that I am intrested in. Of course I make no theorys or assumptions, and would love to discover some sensible ones, but the whole co0incedence thing seems to be not studied in great depth. Perhaps its not as exciting as Alien abductions? Lol
Did you keep in touch?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Torn
In 1986, I experienced a 'weird' apparent time anomaly....

So it remains a mystery. It was very strange at the time and I have never forgotten it. Its way too long ago now to investigate further, but I would have liked to get to the botom of it.

Gosh, Torn, I don't know how to break this to you. You were 'swapped' between two universes. Happens all the time, mostly at train stations. You reached a place and time of maximum congruence, and the volumes exchanged. Our Torn went there, and you, you came here. Only we are an hour off.

If you'd notice, there are a lot of other small things that differ. The color of your lover's eyes. Your best friend's favorite food. Maybe you recall a TV show that was never aired here. Or maybe just an episode that didn't make it in our universe that did in yours. Old photos in your album of obvious friends...and you don't know who they are.

At one time there was a website (long ago, don't have the URL anymore) where people logged the things they recalled vividly from childhood that didn't happen. News stories, movies, TV shows. Groups of them remembered the same TV show episode in detail, but that episode never happened here.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This kind of thing interests me as well. It all seems to fall into the realm of how our reality is shaped by our perceptions. Mix in the limitations of our senses, the fact that all we ever really know is what our brain stores as experiences and memories, the fact that the brain often stores fiction as fact and fact as fiction, and concepts like relativity, and one has to wonder if we ever know anything "real".

I'm not a religious person, but I've always felt that if human reality is so tenuous, where and how do we search for what is real.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueStar
Interesting. I had an experience that, while not a time anomaly, was a "reality" anomaly. Of course, you could call this a coincidence...

I often think that perhaps there are no coincidences, but I have no other explanation for this phenomenon.

Since you did the threadjack...At least three or four times I have run into someone I know well, but have never met.

Similar to yours but not the same.

One time was at a football game and was hailed by name by a guy I realized I knew, named Sid. Sid was with a friend of mine from college, Jim, who I had not seen for 10 years. We all had a long talk, and we knew the common stories and each others' families. But then it dawned on me that while I knew Sid, I couldn't for the life of me remember where I had met him. So I just stopped and said, 'Where did we first meet? I know I met Jim at school?'. We couldn't place it. It got weirder and weirder. Jim knew we knew each other as well, but HE couldn't place how we had ever met. We spent the entire game trying to hash out exactly how we DID know each other, and never did resolve it. But we did. I could tell you what his wife and kids look like. But as far as I can recall, I've never met them.

Another time, I decided to sign up at one of my brothers' deer camps. Dan was introducing me around, when I ran into this guy. I knew him immediately. He knew me as well. We just froze, staring at each other. Dan said "what, does he owe you money or something?" and I shushed him before he could introduce us. We named off each other's families, past history, high schools and colleges, current and past employment, habits, major life experiences. Dan about wet himself. We never did find any common ground that explained how we had ever met, much less knew details about each other's lives.

But in one weird sense, Carroll and I were very good friends. It was like meeting one of your childhood buddies as an adult, you instantly recognized them, only in this case we had no clue why or how.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Gosh, Torn, I don't know how to break this to you. You were 'swapped' between two universes. Happens all the time, mostly at train stations. You reached a place and time of maximum congruence, and the volumes exchanged. Our Torn went there, and you, you came here. Only we are an hour off.

Cant say Ive noticed anything that didnt add up since. Thats rather a leap.

If you'd notice, there are a lot of other small things that differ. The color of your lover's eyes. Your best friend's favorite food. Maybe you recall a TV show that was never aired here. Or maybe just an episode that didn't make it in our universe that did in yours. Old photos in your album of obvious friends...and you don't know who they are.

Again cant claim any of that Im aware of. I beleive false perceptions, as explained by the poster after you would account for 'remembering' things which others havea very differnt version of. Come to think of it, Childhood events retold me since, have sometimes left me blank, but again, it may just be the years passed have faded my memories.
Intresting theory though. An extreme case of such an event would make a great movie!

This kind of thing interests me as well. It all seems to fall into the realm of how our reality is shaped by our perceptions. Mix in the limitations of our senses, the fact that all we ever really know is what our brain stores as experiences and memories, the fact that the brain often stores fiction as fact and fact as fiction, and concepts like relativity, and one has to wonder if we ever know anything "real".

Indeed ive often wondered if reality is partly subjective, weather we influence reality in general with our perception of it (for others) is another question. Some would call that sublimal suggestion of a kind. I can tell you I wish it were possible, Id be strongly suggesting myself win lotto.

P.s often had dejavu like that, have 'met' someone who was so familiar, and yet i didnt have a clue about them, likewise folk have stopped me, just as sure they know me well, but dont. Faces are intresting to me, I beleive we all have one of few facial types, regardless of race, and these are somehow imprinted. When we know someone or have seen someone with a familiar face type/certain features
it triggers a dejavu. Faces are often familiar and I know I often recognise face types in public, so close its uncanny but the sheer odds make it impossible they are related. I beleive we are somehow wired to recognise faces from birth.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by Torn]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

We have a little thing like that between the Indiana and Ohio border.

Its called daylight savings time...

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yeah, it's a leap. I was sort of kidding, really. Not about the last post though, I really have run into people that I knew, but didn't. Names, life details and all.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yeah I figured you were kidding but thought id be kind incase you wernt!

We have a little thing like that between the Indiana and Ohio border.

Its called daylight savings time

nice logical possibilty Kirk, but it wasnt daylight savings and I didnt cross any borders. *shrug*

[edit on 26-7-2006 by Torn]

new topics

top topics

join