It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has Happened to bird flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
it seems quite strange to me that bird flu is not getting reported on the news anymore especially in the uk i dont know about anywhere else in the world even though i think its a hoax why would the media lose interest in something that could allegedly kill us all

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It hasn't really gone away. In fact it has taken on many different mutations and is still active in Indonisia and has resurfaced in Thailand as well.

www.newstarget.com...

I think in light of recent events i.e Israel/Hezbollah crisis, oil prices and reports about droughts and extreme heat. The bird flu news has fallen to the wayside.

But it's still around and the cooler months are just around the bend. Theoretically the avian flu should have simmered down in the summer months simply because these type of viruses cannot survive well in warmer conditions. But I feel that as soon as flu season hits we will begin to see a dramatic increase in cases of the bird flu.

Of further note there also has been minimal reports about agencies making a vaccine available as early as next year. You would think that would be of interest but it's not getting alot of play either.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xenesthad
it seems quite strange to me that bird flu is not getting reported on the news anymore especially in the uk i dont know about anywhere else in the world even though i think its a hoax why would the media lose interest in something that could allegedly kill us all

That's because it turned into a "non-issue."

We had the same kind of shrieks about West Nile Virus and other diseases -- one is announced and instead of looking at it sanely, the press and certain other groups start acting like a pack of monkeys that sees something they think is a snake. The panic reaction is dangerous because it causes panic fatigue and we may have a harder time getting the public worked up over real issues.

The transmission rate was very low from bird to human and in the few cases where it got into humans, the entire town/village didn't catch the disease and die from it.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
its not that its disapeared... my assumption is this more than anything else... ever notice how the american, canadian, and european governments sorta control what is seen on the media... if you would like to argue this simply look at history many governments do it its called propaganda... thing is you can control a popullation simply by keeping them in total fear of the outside world... if you make them realize they require your presence they are less likely to revolt correct? ever notice how all these governments place all these media reels on tv about how the world is coming to an end and how tomorrow it could all fall apart and you will be dead? ever read the news paper lately? notice how all you ever see in there is how the jones down the street were just shot... how how little suzy got abducted... or how poor rover got run over... notice how all of it is negative news... how all of it leaves you walking away that much more hopeless... if you have no hope... the government has total control... so therefore if they use media on the avian flu it keeps u worrying about that instead of real issues within your own nation... they dont need the avian flu news because now they have the war in the mid east... more they can lie about... dont say you know whats going on over there... or that a friend of yours in the army says what they are doing is great... dont forget they censor all information leaving those units... its always been that way... so nobody really knows what exactly is going on... all we see is burning ruins and some blown up car... what you see and whats going on are two different things... never forget that...

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
We need something to fear all the time, and now we are concentrating on the Middle East War...if that stops, we can revert back to the flu. I knew it was hogwash all the time. Just more to "fear" for the sake of "fearing"

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Wait until fall when flu season is back in fashion and people are sitting at home with sniffles wondering how much of Rumsfeld's Tamiflu they should stock up on.

Thailand culls 300,000 chickens after avian-flu outbreak

Avian flu outbreak in U.S. could lead to quarantines; Bush advocates use of military

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This kind of reminds me of a little epidemic called SARS.

top topics

join