It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground city in Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Pictures

Does anyone know where this is or have any more information on it. While the title says "city", all i see are tunnels with great lengths of railroad.

Either way enjoy if you have not seen before. But post up more info if you have seen before.

CX

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
No idea, but it looks a cool place to explore though. Possibly just a transport system underground?

CX.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Russia has an underground bunker, comand center. Not unlike the US. I has been menchened on ATS before. I cant rember what its called but will bost it hear if I come acfross it again. Thanks for the link to the pics though, they are pretty good

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This may be related: outside.away.com...

CX

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Theres a bit here about whats underneath Moscow, an interesting read if you're into that sort of thing.

Mysteries below Moscow

CX.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
All the images from 7 down are computer ganerated w/o a doubt just look closer,maybe a new ps3 game??

CX

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Russia has an underground bunker, comand center. Not unlike the US. I has been menchened on ATS before. I cant rember what its called but will bost it hear if I come acfross it again. Thanks for the link to the pics though, they are pretty good

Is that the "Yamantau" complex?

Magic Mountain

CX.

[edit on 25/7/06 by CX]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Yes i'll bet Mt Yamantau is one place quite a few intelligence experts in the West would like some hard info on.Certainly the amount of work put into it and space available does not bode well in my mind.Allegedly the site of Russia's "Dead Hand" nuclear retailatory command and control system....

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
These are pictures taken from Russos with the copyright removed.

Here is a little bit of info in English about the pictures and Russos. Moscow Metropolitan

[edit on 26-7-2006 by deadboi]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It is definitely an underground military compound due to that bloody great door which i would expect is there in the event of a nuclear war.

Also it would not be passenger trains as the width of the track is too small also one of the bends on the track the angle is too tight for a large train. Maybe its a service train used only for ferrying people around the complex and/or supplies

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I seen those same pics the other day thay are from a game.I will look for the link.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
found it. Screenshots taken from a real time engine demo that is being produced for Half-Life 3 and other next gen games

www.hardforum.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
yes but surely they are genuine photos they look to complicated to have been shopped as pictures for a game.

Is it possible this place exsists and the game makers are using these photos to construct the game with fine detail and reference

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Had a look on the link to "Russo's Website for More Incredible Photography", and it is indeed pretty impressive! I particularly like all the pics of the submarine base in the cliffs.

Very swish!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Read the coments under the pictures in that link. Even everyone on there is debating the fact that they are not computer generated pics but are infact real pics
slightly altered to make them look like they are from a next gen computer games software program.....

www.hardforum.com...

Who is right and who is wrong??????????????????

[edit on 26-7-2006 by thesaint]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by slayerfan
found it. Screenshots taken from a real time engine demo that is being produced for Half-Life 3 and other next gen games

www.hardforum.com...

Wow, first off I did not know there was a Half Life 3 lol, but damn.. from those pictures... they look so real. You know you made a good game when the screen shots are passed around as being real place lol. Guess il need to update my computer once again

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Alot of these look like regular underground subways in Russia. In large cities, subways played, and possibly still play an important role, and many acted as bomb shelters. From what I know, in Moscow and St. Petersburg, there are parts of the subway system that lead far away from regular commuter train tracks. Many of them lead pretty deep underground. What is their purpose- I don't know. Also rarely there are trains in the subway, that do not appear as commuter ones. The pipes and the wiring along the tracks, is exctly like that on the commuter subway lines. The doors with stairs leading the top are also quite normal- emergency exits to the ground level. The only picture indicating something other than a regular subway, is the one with what appears to be blast doors.

And nothing in the pictures looks like a "city". Its all train tracks. It could possibly be tunnels to some underground silos or munition storage.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Actually the photos are of an underground subway tunnel under construction. Here is a link with more.

russos.livejournal.com...

top topics

join