It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is dollar falling???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well my fiancee and I are going to the States in two days time. Our holiday money (about £1500) is going to go a hell of a lot further than it would have just a few months ago. So, from the purely selfish and materialistic viewpoint, I am just saying Ca-CHING!

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I say it is irrelevant. The manufacturing capability of the United States is the strongest in the world. Economics is not just about what happens in a bank or whether you can buy a piece of software to trade currencies or froex or etc.

The backbone of economy is the agriculture sector. What particularly is falling in the US agriculture sector?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nogirt
The manufacturing capability of the United States is the strongest in the world.

So "made in china" isn't then?

...those economists must be lying again

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

The manufacturing capability of the United States is the strongest in the world.

So "made in china" isn't then?

...those economists must be lying again

So now the Chinese are more capable than the US? Tedious manufacturing jobs go to China->China gives us money->China makes toys, clothes, pots and pans->We buy them and money goes back to China. Where would [insert country name] be if the US did not outsource jobs to that country?

Though, I should say our engineering capability and our manufacturing capability are the strongest in the world.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   

So now the Chinese are more capable than the US? Tedious manufacturing jobs go to China->China gives us money->China makes toys, clothes, pots and pans->We buy them and money goes back to China. Where would [insert country name] be if the US did not outsource jobs to that country?

Though, I should say our engineering capability and our manufacturing capability are the strongest in the world.

I would tend to agree, thats part of the reason you have many US engineering feats and why you didnt see other countries land on the moon etc. in 30+ years since we went there.

Like it or not the world is pretty much US dominated. Other countried get stronger as time goes but as far as economics....the US is responsible for alot of other countries sucesses in this area.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join