Is dollar falling???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
My cousin works in a bank that is located in Switzerland.it It is a small bank whit les than 200 customers,mostly from Russia(gas,oil magnats and others milionars of New Russia).He sad that last 6 Month all of his clients has changed money from dollars to euro!!he sad that it is a lot of money!!Of question why is they doing that because in this action they are losing about 5-10% of money,they tell him that so it is safer!!I know yes euro is growing stronger,but i didnt find any trustable source that dollar may suddenly fall!!Can anyone give me a light???

P.S.Bank is called "Parexbank"!!
it have a mainsite in my countrie(Latvia),but 2 years ago they by a bank in Switzerland!!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
That my friend is not a good sign........
It might be a wise thing to trade some of my savings over to euros just incase

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Yes sir (or maam), the American Dollar is falling. That's why I put what little I have saved up in to Euro and Asia stocks, etc..

The buck starts here: As Henry Paulson gets ready to take the helm as US Treasury secretary, a single dollar is worth about 116 Japanese yen, 8 Chinese yuan, and 0.79 European euros. Amid predictions that its value could decline by 25 percent or more, where the US currency goes from here will be a major concern of his tenure.

www.csmonitor.com

Sporty

[edit on 25/7/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Yes I know that dollar is lossing it's value,but may it happen very fast???let say about 3-6 month's???That is the question that is bothering me!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The dollar is failing. I'm putting all my money into the Chinese Yuan, or RMB.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I read multiple articles about Russia going to sell its oil, gas and petrolium products
in their own currency the Rouble. When this happens it will severely injure the Dollar they say o.O

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Russian clients switching to Euros? Dollar loosing value?

Here's some background:

Russia Tentatively Approves Ban on Dollar, Euro.

Russian Oil Bourse Open for Business

Petrodollar Warfare and

The Plunge Protection Team

There are many countries "diversifying" out of the US dollar.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
www.forexdirectory.net...

www.dailyfx.com...

Here is your answer. These are real time charts.

Its tough to tell really, at 12:55 pm easter standard its holding pretty steady at 1.25 dollars to a Euro.

The FED will raise interest rates soon and the whole realestate market will bust. That when we will see some real changes.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
When Bill Gates switched his billions in the euro and bailed on the $$$$$; that was an indication that he must know something, or at least his tribe of financial advisers knew something.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The Dollar has always been falling in price as time progresses. It's because the Fed is printing more money than needed for the public use. Most of the new currency is going straight to the government to pay for war costs, aide, and building projects.

A way to counteract inflation by the Fed is to either raise the interest rates (which causes banks to give out a lesser amount of loans, mortages, and credit), and to also litterally destroy money by shredding any paper currency. The problem is that their methods of minimizing the amount of paper currency in the US hasn't caught up to how much they keep printing.

One of the best commodities to invest in is gold. Paper currency is nothing more than another "IOU" in a fiat system. With gold, the price will never go down significantly, due to its wants by every government in the world.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Ok,but in that case will it not be more worst as a war??What affect it will do in the world.I mean, dollar was one of the strongest value over decades!!Very large investments are in dollars.Yes we have euro,but i doubt that euro has such influence as dollar.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by zren
I read multiple articles about Russia going to sell its oil, gas and petrolium products
in their own currency the Rouble. When this happens it will severely injure the Dollar they say o.O

This is likely not going to be the Case.

Russia will convert the Currency of exchange, for the Oil Supplies flowing into Europa to the Euro. This is their biggest market, so their need to continue to sell in USD is sort of nutty anyhow.

As for the USD and it's "DRIVEN" devaluation, this maybe seen as an effort to place North Amercia in a position to Blend the Currencies, such has occured in Europa.

30 some odd Million in Canada
330 some odd Million in the US
110 some odd Million of Mexicans.

All using one Currency.

I think this was some of the "Balance" of items on the N.A.F.T.A. table, and frankly it may even include many South American Parties by the Time it is completed.

It is either this, OR

The Elimination of CASH completely, and a Move to the Electonic Credit as a form of exchange.

This reduces the ability of the Underground Community to flourish, and affords all Governments the ability to Collect those Taxes, being missed in "Cash" Transactions, as well as ensuring the Collection of the Missed, "underthetable" Cash Income Taxes.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shane
Russia will convert the Currency of exchange, for the Oil Supplies flowing into Europa to the Euro. This is their biggest market, so their need to continue to sell in USD is sort of nutty anyhow.

As for the USD and it's "DRIVEN" devaluation, this maybe seen as an effort to place North Amercia in a position to Blend the Currencies, such has occured in Europa.

30 some odd Million in Canada
330 some odd Million in the US
110 some odd Million of Mexicans.

All using one Currency.

I think this was some of the "Balance" of items on the N.A.F.T.A. table, and frankly it may even include many South American Parties by the Time it is completed.

It is either this, OR

The Elimination of CASH completely, and a Move to the Electonic Credit as a form of exchange.

This reduces the ability of the Underground Community to flourish, and affords all Governments the ability to Collect those Taxes, being missed in "Cash" Transactions, as well as ensuring the Collection of the Missed, "underthetable" Cash Income Taxes.

Ciao

Shane

That is a very interesting idea. I have never looked at it like that.
Also, it was here on ATS, and I can't find the thread now, but someone actually mentioned that by purposely devaluing the dollar, you can reduce the deficit and inflation, once this has happend you can bring the value back up?!?!

People get scared when they talk about the value of the dollar and it collapsing our economy. Someone once told me, "Remember, if our economy falls, the rest of the world will fall as well". Is this because we are such consumers?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Dollar rules the world
Khaleej Times Online ^ | 11 July 2006 | Mohammed A. R. Galadari

Posted on 07/27/2006 8:01:39 AM PDT by Marius3188

DESPITE some apprehensions about the erosion of mighty dollar and high oil prices, United States continues to be the world's richest country. The reigning superpower tops a new list of the wealthiest nations issued by the World Bank on the basis of the GDP and spending by consumers.

And why not? This is the prize you get rewarded for running the world's most successful economic system based on capitalism. Whether it's a liberal republic or parliamentary democracy, they succeed and prosper because they share a capitalist vision.

America has had a solid and stable system of governance that has not been interrupted for the past couple of centuries. And it is ruled by a clear economic vision backed by market reforms.

As a result, America, the world's most powerful nation, is also its richest and economically most powerful with a GDP of $12.46 trillion. It is home to eight million people who are richest in the world, almost equal to the population of many countries in Europe. The World Bank list only reflects the economic and institutional strength of the country that is rightly the leader of the industrialised nations and free market forces.

To top it all, there is democracy, political freedom, free and outspoken media and the freedom of expression, which are seen as a blessing by the leaders and government officials.

Read more...

World's largest economy? Check
World's most productive economy? Check
World's most efficent economy? Check
History's most stable democracy? Check
Lower debt burden than the EU? Check

Sigh... So much ignorance, so little time.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
1 US dollar = around 4 cents so it has already hit the floor. It is a worthless currency and will soon be replaced with a new one.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
where'd you get that info? im not trying to berate you, but i'd love to see a source...

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
1 US dollar = around 4 cents so it has already hit the floor. It is a worthless currency and will soon be replaced with a new one.

Interesting.......

I thought of this last night. I am not a finance guy so this might be the stupidest thing to say but it is a thought that I came up with last night.

Ok, so the dollar is becoming worthless because everyone is switching to something else, like the euro. What would happen if we switched to a euro?

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lardo5150
What would happen if we switched to a euro?

You'll have to a member state of the European Union (thats if your country wants to switch to the Euro, which i cannot see the President doing lol)

but do any American corporations trade and work in Euro's? for example, most shops in the United Kingdom do trade in Euro's aswell as Pound, most even expect Euro's in their stores.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well if you look at forex and currency trading, you can see the dollar was stronger earlier this week especially against the Yen, but positive numbers from Japan and negative numbers such as the GDP that came out lower than expected caused the sudden nosedive today.

If you were lucky to forsee this movement, you would have sold your dollars and stocked up and euro, pound and yen.

imo movements like this are commonplace. I used to think differently but after watching the forex for a while, I've noticed large movements isn't too uncommon especially when certain financial numbers are expected.

[edit on 7-28-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
The Dollar has always been falling in price as time progresses. It's because the Fed is printing more money than needed for the public use. Most of the new currency is going straight to the government to pay for war costs, aide, and building projects.

A way to counteract inflation by the Fed is to either raise the interest rates (which causes banks to give out a lesser amount of loans, mortages, and credit), and to also litterally destroy money by shredding any paper currency. The problem is that their methods of minimizing the amount of paper currency in the US hasn't caught up to how much they keep printing.

One of the best commodities to invest in is gold. Paper currency is nothing more than another "IOU" in a fiat system. With gold, the price will never go down significantly, due to its wants by every government in the world.

I'll second that. Besides, they don't publicize anymore how much money they actually print. Furthermore, I'd also recommend to invest in gold as well. However, personally I rather prefer coins above bars, and Krugerrands in particular.

As soon as the Dollar goes down, the Euro will decrease very much as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join