It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Fluoridation Survey

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost

Originally posted by mooonhoxe
Water is supposed to be H2O. Not H2O plus other poisonous chemicals. I think water bills should be required to show the crap they put in it. Just like regular food labels.

They do or at least mine does. Every quarter I get a report from the water company showing the latest testing results from all the sources of the water, and they show you exatly what and how much of it is in the water.

Does anyone know if a filter like a Brita catchs fluoride or is something more needed?

That would be nice. All I ever get is a bill showing how much water I've used.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well, I am a big supporter of personal rights, so i obviously
oppose having flouride added to the water.
Personally though, I really don't care if I'm drinking flouridated
water or not, and I'm also into body modification, though for now
on the small level, that is the level you don't see, so putting a
chemical into my body that has'nt done any damage to me,
that naturally is'nt there is fine to me.

Just a side note, I think maybe with the thing about it supposeing
to be good for your teeth, I think that it may be true for some people,
that is it works for some people, but not for everyone, I say thgis
because up until I was 12 I brushed my teeth twice a week at the
most (I know eww), and my breath never smelled bad, and I never
had any teeth problems.
Coincidentally enough, only after I started really brushing twice a
day (at 13) did I have any teeth problems, I'm 18 now by the way.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Only a handful of filtering deviced can filter out flouridataion in water.

These systems are reverse osmosis systems at the minimum. I dont think it takes out all fo the flouridation.

Also Distillation processes will take out almost all of it. Distillation..where the water is boiled and the steam condensed back to water in a set of coils then recollected into a storage tank from where you use the water from a tap.

The matter at issue will be how much you are willing to spend for a system which will perform in this manner.

THe osmois systems seem to be cheaper and will take out about 70 to 80% of the impurities in home systems. THere are better reverse osmosis systems available. I know, because the US Navy uses these systems on some of thier ships. It must purify salt water.. a tall order/standard by which to maintain. These systems will be much more expensive than a home system for purifying city or well water by reverse osmosis simply because the performance standard is higher.
Reverse osmosis is also what is used on ocean going sailboats or power boats ..to purify small levels of salt water for long cruises. I would imagine theses type systems are using a slightly different membrane to filter/strain salt water than are the home systems.

I made iced tea and ice from the water from my distiller this morning to see me through the day. Summertime I dont ever like running out of ice or iced tea.
No low level alarms allowed here..!!

I am considering a reverse osmosis system as a back up to the electric distiller.
The reverse osmosis systems will not use near as much energy as do the electric distillers. This is why I am instrested in them as a back up system.

THanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think the advantages of fluoride outweigh the disadvantages by a wide margin; so I think it's a (medically) good idea.

However, like others here, i don't like the fact that the various governments (city and state) mandate it for most of their citizens.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mooonhoxe
Water is supposed to be H2O. Not H2O plus other poisonous chemicals. I think water bills should be required to show the crap they put in it. Just like regular food labels.

I have never gotten any kind of reports detailing ANYTHING they do or do not put in the water here in the keys. But they should..

Great suggestion

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join