It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Fluoridation Survey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I am doing a research assignment for school on water fluoridation. I have done heaps of research on the good and bad sides, and I need the opinion of the general public.

If you don't mind, could you please post a quick comment on how you feel about water fluoridation.

Thanks heaps for your help.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I am against mandatory fluoridation of my drinking water.
As far as I have been able to determine, fluoridated water does NOTHING to prevent cavities.

So, I must wonder why the government chooses to add it to the cocktail of chemicals in water.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I understand it to be waste by-product of making aluminum.
According to Jim Keith's book "Mind Control" flouride destroys or calcifies a part of your brain that assists in yourresistance to dominance.

I live in Independence MO and it was said to have not used flouride until last year. It was supposed to be one of the last places having not been using it in the water.

I can't believe the same ideals that allow flouride in the drinking water also allow so much candy at kid's arms lengths at the checkout in the store! Mixed messages. Mixed motives?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Theres no reason to have madatory fluoridated public water. I am 19 and have fluorosis. It's great to have to go to the dentist constantly!!!!!! Fluoride is super

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It is poison pure and simple.

I have a reverse osmosis water machine that I live by! I also add some minerals to it afterwards. I got the machine about a year ago after learning about flouridation. My body feels better, noticeably.

The residue that I get from the removal process of the water machine is yellow. I cannot believe that, for years, I had been putting that yellow crap in my body.

If I am not mistaken, Sodium Floride is a waste material generated from metal produceing plants. Great work huh; instead of disposing of the watse in a proper fashion, they sell it off and turn a profit. It sickens me.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Are there any members out there who are experienced in mind sciences who know if there is in fact a part of your brain with the specific function of resisting dominance? If so I would understand why the dreamweavers would want to disable that part of our thinking.

In reference to Tone23's remark that such things sicken him. Thankfully you are sickened, I am sadden by the ease in which we are able to become apathetic when we should be enraged and motivated.

Sometimes I feel unable to resist or unwilling to resist in the face of the most incomprehensible, far reaching "hammer" to merely smash us to bits. Right before our very eyes. We see, we know, we understand (too some degree) yet we do not know what to do. Paralyzed. Both under and over stimulated.

Flouride with yellow residue

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Way to go, finally I see a thread of Floradation of water. Hey I was thinking of Starting a Research project on ATS about Water Florudation, would you be intrested in helping me? U2U me about it if you would want to help me.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   

original quote by: The_Time_is_now
Way to go, finally I see a thread of Floradation of water. Hey I was thinking of Starting a Research project on ATS about Water Florudation, would you be intrested in helping me? U2U me about it if you would want to help me.

Actually, The_Time_is_now, I believe that Loam beat you to it.

his thread is :
Flouridation: A conspiracy so old, we think it's normal

There are five other threads about flouridation here at ATS if you google search the words: water flouridation. But, I believe Loam's to be the most informative overall.

original quote by: interestedalways
In reference to Tone23's remark that such things sicken him. Thankfully you are sickened, I am sadden by the ease in which we are able to become apathetic when we should be enraged and motivated.

The worst part is that most people think its actually good for you. Especially dentists. There is flouride in our toothpaste aswell. Also, apathy is something else we now deny at ATS

Deny Apathy! Deny Ignorance!- I sure do wish the whole of the world would adopt these mantras.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Why do people think it is good for them? i live in the UK where they dont put floride in the water, so i am lucky. But why do people think it is good or is it that they just assume it is one of the many minerals found in water?

sorry i am new to water fluoridation topics but would like to learn more

evidence that i have found that it is deffinetly NOT good for you:

Water Flouridation - Equipment Malfuction

Water fluoridation equipment has, on occasion, malfunctioned in the United States. Perhaps the worst incident in the United States occurred in Hooper Bay, Alaska in 1992. When fluoridation equipment failed, a large amount of fluoride was released into the drinking water supply and "296 people were poisoned; 1 person died,"[1] marking the "first reported death due to fluoride toxicity caused by drinking water from a community water system.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Tone 23, I would be very intrested in knowing what brand your reverse osmosis system is labeled, Where you got it, and how much it cost you. Also details about maintenance on it.

I own a electric distiller and all my iced tea is made from distilled water. My Ice is also made from this distilled water. I did not know that such reverse osmosis systems were now available for home use. Very intresting.

I have been using my electric distiller for over ten years now to distill the city water and am aware of the "yellow" stuff that is left over when I clean my heater section of my distiller.

I also happen to think that alot of soda type beverages are not good for you. I am not sure if it is all the sugar in them or the carbonation but I do believe that long term these drinks are not good for you. I drink either Iced Tea. or water. Occasionally a good cup of coffee is great but mostly I prefer the first two to drink.
Good juices are great also. Orange, Grape etc etc. You have to be careful here too. Alot of these juices are full of sugars too. Be selective ..read the labels. But For some reason I prefer to stay away from carbonated beverages.

I have not concerned myself with the issue of Flouridation of the water years and years as a result of this distiller.

I dont understand this concept of dominance or concern with dominance...being dominated when so many of us plant ourselves and our children in front of a television for hours and allow the television to do so much of our thinking for us. Same with much of the drivel they teach us in schools today. If a thing or structure or organization does your thinking for you it will dominate you eventually.

I dont approve of floridation in water either but havent worried about it for years now. I am just not sure some of you think this dominance concept through far enough.

THanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thank you all sooo much for your responses! You guys are just great!

And i just thought I'd say how much I hate fluoride as well. I live in New Zealnd so luckily I have don't have fluoride in my water, although a while ago it was mentioned that they might start adding it

Have you ever thought that you shower in this water too? That thought just occured to me now....ewww

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Most scientists and doctors are too dense to know the real effects of fluoride on humans. I'm guessing that the aliens told them to do this and said that it is good for people's teeth and the kickbacks from the smelters were good for turning hazardous waste into a profitable by product for Aluminum producers.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I use tom's natural toothpaste myself,fluoride free.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Good on ya, spanishcaravan, I use fluoride free too
my teeth are also absolutely fine, and I have never had fluoridated water or toothpaste

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
They flouridate the water here in Minerva Ohio too. I wonder if I could sue the city for poisoning me? Wouldn't that make somebody research it? Then they would find the truth..... Prolly not

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

original quote by: Orangetom1999
Tone 23, I would be very intrested in knowing what brand your reverse osmosis system is labeled, Where you got it, and how much it cost you. Also details about maintenance on it.

I believe it is called WATER WISE, I got it from the health food store that my wife works at here in the Fl. Keys.

It costed about 350 after tax.

below is a site that you can order it online.

Waterwise8800

Hope this helps

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
THanks for the site. $350 is cheap. I am curious as to how effective it is.
I will book mark it for future research.

I am intrested in a back up system for times when I am on portable generated power as this electric distiller uses up alot of watts of electricity to run a heater coil to boil the water for condensation through a coil system.

I am thinking a reverse osmosis system doesnt use anywhere near as much electricity as does this distiller. I actually own two distillers...but this system sounds intresting.

Thanks again..it will definitely help!

Orangetom

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Water is supposed to be H2O. Not H2O plus other poisonous chemicals. I think water bills should be required to show the crap they put in it. Just like regular food labels.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Excellent point moonhoxe...well done ..excellent point..

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mooonhoxe
Water is supposed to be H2O. Not H2O plus other poisonous chemicals. I think water bills should be required to show the crap they put in it. Just like regular food labels.

They do or at least mine does. Every quarter I get a report from the water company showing the latest testing results from all the sources of the water, and they show you exatly what and how much of it is in the water.

Does anyone know if a filter like a Brita catchs fluoride or is something more needed?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join