It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 275
<< 272  273  274    276  277  278 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Now lets just hope 2 months from now we don't go to www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com and it be completely blank lol. I had some ideas in my head for the site, lets hope he does well with and not just nothing

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
yeah, yeah, I know, I say I'm the first but who knows..... well, I did get there (to the listen page) first -gotta blow my own horn a bit, no? - but I was not able to confirm. As a newbie on ATS I would have had no way to know what was the method. I thought it might have been to send a U2U to member #1, and I tried that, but to no avail.

Well, congrats to the winner, sillinous1, and wow! what a roller coaster ride. I never imagined what fun this would be, even tho' I came in late.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by glengineer
yeah, yeah, I know, I say I'm the first but who knows..... well, I did get there (to the listen page) first -gotta blow my own horn a bit, no? - but I was not able to confirm. As a newbie on ATS I would have had no way to know what was the method. I thought it might have been to send a U2U to member #1, and I tried that, but to no avail.

Well, congrats to the winner, sillinous1, and wow! what a roller coaster ride. I never imagined what fun this would be, even tho' I came in late.

One of the clues was to put in a single thread id#29527. I'm sure you would have figured it out.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Tinwiki doesn't have the last answer or how to confirm. Should we post it there?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
hey guys! i just wanna say thanks for all of the fun with this "game"

i havent had this much fun for along time...hope to do this again!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   

One of the clues was to put in a single thread id#29527. I'm sure you would have figured it out.

Actually, that's probably one of the ones I would never have figured out... same for the Klaatu one, and definitely 320.html Too obscure for this linear thinker.

link   

Originally posted by Springer

Originally posted by zoopnfunk

Yes, a free LIFETIME membership to AboveTopSecret.com. Springer...

if ATS ever becomes a subscriber network we're holding you to that, lol!

It never will but that's a deal!

Springer...

id like very much to have access to the "really above top secret section" but I don´t have the points.

can I have a short glimpse on it? ..pleeease

[edit on 27/7/06 by derfred33]

link   
congrats to sillinious1 and to all that got him(us) to the end.

I would like to point out that I scrolled back on my explorer list and I tried listen right away - I knew I had. stupid me, I had listne.html

I wouldn't have known what to do with the site anyway so I'm glad it went to someone who will use it.

just send me 2/42 of the ad revenue for my 2 answers.

ok, back to work.

springer, WOS, SO, Admin et al, sorry for the u2u's - I was desperate to finish before my appointment and figured I'd just try telling everyone that I was listening.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Great job everybody, and a special congrats to sillinous1.

I don't think this needs any more mention, as everybody else has been saying the same thing, but the amount of collaboration everybody here has managed to accomplish in order to figure this out is truely impressive. Over 5,000 posts in a couple of days is no easy task, and the amount of disagreement was probably the lowest humanly possible for a project such as this.

This is by far, the most addictive thing I've ever done, and it was actually fun (in an odd sense of the word). Even though there have been times where there seems to be a roadblock, we've always been able to get past it very shortly, and the fact that this has been solved in such a short period of time is truely impressive. I look foward to working with everybody again on the next puzzle, and until then, I'm going to try and gather all the strength I've lost these couple of days.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Congratulations to the winner,and congratulations to every single kind soul who's been here playing this game. I have been "watching" you frequently the whole week,posting useless but interested messages here, and "watching" you all day today (while popping pez like a freakin madwoman);so thanks to ATS for this ride,and now I will become a regular here myself.
I have to say,I absolutely adored the message that came across from the game, that the answer is to "Listen", and what this game did to a community of people that never so much as layed eyes on one another - working together towards the same purpose. I really learned a lot with this. And I suppose I am not the only one.
Thank you everyone!

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Actually, that's probably one of the ones I would never have figured out... same for the Klaatu one, and definitely 320.html Too obscure for this linear thinker.

Ya, maybe we willget some insight into those in the q&a thread. Lokking forward to that one.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

.... and definitely 320.html Too obscure for this linear thinker.

Many of us believe that #6 was a mistake. It comes out to 20, for everyone I had asked.

We will know the answer though, when they post the Q&A thread, regarding this game, as that will be one of the first questions I will ask. (How they figure that answer)

I see Kellter beat me to it.

[edit on 7/27/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
congrats sillinous1!!

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
farewell, this game got me posting, ill be posting now, woo, ill see you guys next game

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yeeeeiiii, congratulations sillinous!!!!! Clap clap!!

Thanks to EVERYONE, guys, this has been a great ride. I'd been waiting for a month now, ever since I became a member, for the new game and this one was one hell of a beginning for me

Thanks to ATS for this experience. The final answer...listen. That just made me warm inside

WHAT A GREAT GAME!!!

I only hope I'll have the same amount of free time to join the next one. Can't wait!!

Congratulations to everyone who was a part of this. We are all winners!

Love,
Theodwra

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
O.K. Headache gone.....

We'll it it wasn't for this game I wouldn't be 1000 points richer, and i'll take this as a consulation prize anyday.

Springer, ready for next game!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sillinous1
If I can I will try to include you guys being you all helped.

Sillinous1, congratulations on the prize...

Someone mentioned that "thank God, I thought it was a Porsche Carrera".

Well, a prize like this is worth much more than that.
Start by studing a thing called Google AdSense

Build a site with some nice content, add some advertising, and before you know it you´re doing at least 100$ a day. (Yes, really.)

You will have your Porsche Carrera in about a year...

[edit on 27-7-2006 by HardToGet]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
um, what porsche are you getting for $36500? Also, there's that whole pesky tax thing to think about so maybe in 2 or 3 years. unless you're leasing it and then you doesn't really matter about the site.

nice cash to have for sure.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theodwra
Yeeeeiiii, congratulations sillinous!!!!! Clap clap!!

Thanks to EVERYONE, guys, this has been a great ride. I'd been waiting for a month now, ever since I became a member, for the new game and this one was one hell of a beginning for me

Thanks to ATS for this experience. The final answer...listen. That just made me warm inside

WHAT A GREAT GAME!!!

I only hope I'll have the same amount of free time to join the next one. Can't wait!!

Congratulations to everyone who was a part of this. We are all winners!

Love,
Theodwra

ABSOLUTELY

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
sillinous (i think i spelt that right) keep us posted on your new website...and once again

thanks for beating us to the anwser!!!

have lots o' fun...

Alexx...

new topics

top topics

<< 272  273  274    276  277  278 >>

join