It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire question!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hmm Blade 2 is on at the moment

But since you said your friend claimed to be a "fake vampire"..What exactly did he say he was? This is just out of curiosity

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Funniest post in a long while!

'Fake vampire' - LMAO

Buffy has a lot to answer for!

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I think its a disease where you dont get enough iron in your system therefore craving blood, after all blood contains hemoglobin which is an iron compound.
and just in case anyone wants to know why blood it read, the hemoglobin in our blood reacts with oxygen and turns blood red or else with no hemoglobin our blood would be clear.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well I don't know about growing fangs, as that is, without the advent of extremely advanced technology not available to humans, next to impossible.

But if she believes she's become a vampire, she may have a psychological disorder.

In theory a vampirism virus is possible, but I've never heard of a case where there actualy is a vampire virus, and unless someone engineers one, there most likely wont be one.

Anyways, perhaps you should have both your friend and your other friends boyfriend tested, the boyfdriend for any viruses that could cause dilusions, and both physical and psychological tests for your friend.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Well all this fake vampire stories reminds me of my childhood. I had 2 fangs that started growing from above my real set of top teeth when I was younger. On either side, the same length.

The dentitst told me I might have to go to hopsital to have them surgically removed. Luckily though the grew out long enough for him to take out in the dentist surgery.

Was I a vampire. lol I very much doubt it

The dentist gave me these 2 fangs to keep, and I still have them today in a little bag

[edit on 7-8-2006 by Arawn]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Some people who is obviousley low on iron seem to crave ketchup.. like having obscene amounts of ketchup on everything including pancakes

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
Buffy has a lot to answer for!

HOW Dare YOU, how VERY Dare you. Do NOT pin this on Saint Buffy of the Sunny Dale!!!!
LOL.
Just teasing

But seriously, with any amount of sense please read what you have written here people.

It's hilarious.

First of all, I think your friends should go see a real Doctor OP, cause if any of them are entertaining the idea that 'fangs' grew almost over night and they need to consume blood then the 'quack' you have seen is not a Doctor.

Fang like teeth are pretty common, in fact I have them. I had the chance of surgery way back when i was a young teen, but I liked then so i kept them in. I'm as God intended.

Chances are your friend always had these teeth, just none of you children noticed before this.

Also, to the person siting 'Blade' and School kids as evidence.....erm, seriously, go out and get some sun.
NOW.
Stop reading, go out
I SAID GO OUT
DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND, STOP SITTING AT YOUR COMPUTER AND GO OUT AND GET A LIFE.
Why are you still here?
Still?

OK, he's gone....nope he is still here.
Look fella, you believe some outcast kids at school and citing a fictional movie as evidence of something that doesn't exist, please turn off all your technology and go actually experience life.

I've met with people who claim to be 'Vampires' and what I found was scary.
These people had no Vampiristic qualities.
Yes the drank blood, each others actually, but that was because they were deluded.
I was with them when one of them went outside and was run over.
The person died, not exactly immortal was he?

The only power that these people had was the power of manipulation.
They managed to manipulate younger, vulnerable people into believing them and joining.
It was disgusting.

Ohh, remember how I said I had fangs....something just occured to me.
I recently did a family tree, and in my lineage I found my grandfather was a Nazi from Austria, but further back, It turns out my ancestry was in Transylvania at the time of Vlad....maybe I'm a Vampire!!!

Now, I have to go, my flying pig farm is about to be opened for the day

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidskin
there is a mental disorder that does make people crave blood, but I don't think that it is very common

really? What is it?

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent paradise

Originally posted by liquidskin
there is a mental disorder that does make people crave blood, but I don't think that it is very common

really? What is it?

Ivantyourblooditis....wow thats a cheap joke!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
yeah it really is...wow. lol

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
how dare you guys talk of that way about us vamps.

we run the nights and know where all of you live. So beware...we're coming....close windows lock your doors.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelslayer
how dare you guys talk of that way about us vamps.

we run the nights and know where all of you live. So beware...we're coming....close windows lock your doors.

Why lock anything, i can keep my doors wide open, just as long as i don't use the words 'Come In', i'm fine.

And i'm so ashamed of my earlier joke...i need flogging

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Look people I'm not saying myfriend is a vampire. Really I'm not, but sometimes unexplained things do happen and she just had some wierd symptomes. I'm not saying that she grew fangs i'm saying that her teeth looked fangish like the gums were recieding or something. and she got really sick like thin and pail. and we had the guy checked out and he wa fine that's why it was so wierd. She's gotten better but it's been a little more than a month and it hasn't cleared up and i'm worried but she refuses to go to a doctor and let them run extensive tests and we can't make her because she's nineteen. So I don't know what to do

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Getting pale and receding gums? Sounds like she should eat her greens!
I've read a lot about vampires when i was in highschool. Those anne rice books came out, and i was hooked. The funny thing is that the description of vampires is quite opposite from the hollywood type. They are usually descripted as bloated, having a pink skintone, fangs are never mentioned, ect. Furthermore, humans ca drink only a little bit of blood, if you would drink about a coffeecup full, you would vomit it all out. (On the other hand, the masai drink cow blood. probably got used to it after some generations of vomiting or something.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
-double post--excuse-me

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Remko]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
First of all my friends aren't outcasts they aren;t starving for attention, they aren't emo or goth. My friend's really sick here adn I'm trying to find a viable solution because she refuses to go to the doctor and we can't make her because she's nineteen. She doesn't live in some fantasy world and I'm not trying to prove vampires exist. My friends getting worse she's last a lot of weight and she's really pale and letharic. She doesn't drink blood or anything I just wantt o kow if anyone knows of any diorders that could be causing a vampiric like appearance. Geeze u people are always so quick to judge everyone and it's very insulting for u to make fun of my friend when something seriously wrong is going on.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
throw holy whater on him
to sheck if his a vamp :p

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i've got 2 points to make

1. Your friend who claims he is a vampire or fake vampire or whatever is just a member of a gang with an individual identity. He bears no resemblance to any sort of folkloric vampire. He is just captivated by the mystique which victorian (and later) literature and hollywood movies have given the vampire. It is a seductive image - cool clothes and a killer attitude - but thats all it is. If you look into any sort of folk legends of vampires you get an entirely (and somewhat less cool) picture.

2. I'm not a doctor (though i do have a basic gynacological training) but it seems like your friend may have a hidden eating disorder. Evidence points to iron deficiency, receeding gums, listlessness from lack of calorific intake, reluctance to seek medical advice... I would advise you to tread carefully - your friend will not admit this is a problem even though medial help would seem to be a priority...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
*slightly un-related*

Well there is a disease that causes a similar effect to "vampirism"

Porphyria makes your skin itch, blister and swell when exposed to sunlight.
Another sympton is paranoia, so that could have helped start the whole vampire thing.

1st post!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Guy's just forget about it..............my friend passed away a few months ago...........the favored rumor around is that she got HIV or someting like that but she got all those tests.........she was fine for a while but finally got too sick to function......anyways thanks for the opinions guys

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join