It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire question!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
OK one of my friends was at my house. WE had some other friends there includuing my friend Sam and her boyfriend. Sam's boyfriend claimed to be a vampire, but the fake kind. Sam's boyfriend wound up biting my friend. A few days later my friend started acting wierd. We took her to a family friend who is a doctor and my friend had some wierd stuff going on, like she had real fangs and she got really lethargic and weak. I want to know if it's possible for a fake vampire to turn a person into a real vampire or if we need to get serious help for my friend. FYI we did take my friend to two more doctors and they said that she was exibiting signs of that illness where people need to drink blood to survive. It's like an iron definiency or something.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
absurd. if anything, your friend probably got mono or some other equally lame disease.

and no disease will make someone consume blood - you're being completely irrational.

and tell your friends boyfriend to pull their head out of their arse.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Fiirst of all u don't need to insult my friends and secondly she believes somethings wrong thirdly there is a desease where people have to consume human blood. look it up

(Mod Edit: Do not insult your fellow members. Ever. Please review the T&C + Courtesy is Mandatory)

[edit on 4-8-2006 by WyrdeOne]

[edit on 4-8-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Heh, vampires don't exist.

Your friend probably just got some weird illness. Mono, the flu, pneumonia? Who knows, she should go to the doctor.

A disease where the victim has to consume human blood? Please educate me, because I have NEVER heard of a disease like this (and where would the human get the blood from? Blood bank? Riiight.)

A person beginning to grow fangs? What, they began growing and sharpening in a few days? Riiiight. They are probably pulling a prank on you. Did you see the fangs yourself, or did you hear it from the guy who claims to be a "fake vampire"? Because thats exactly who he is, a fake.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kklover
Fiirst of all u don't need to insult my friends and secondly she believes somethings wrong thirdly there is a desease where people have to consume human blood. look it up u #ing moron

way to get defensive. your 'friends' are delusional. and it's up to you to give evidence of a disease wherein humans must consume human blood.

your friends are a couple of nitwits. face it.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Boys, boys! Play nice.

It's called anemia (Wikipedia) ... Another Vampiristic illness is Porphyria (Wikipedia) (often used as an excuse by sanguinarian vampires)...

I'm no medical doctor but I'd say that the "bite" and your friend's illness have nothing in common.

Unless the original "fake vampire" has some sort of illness like Hepatitis - but I strongly doubt it.

Edit: Link

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
anemia is an iron deficiency, if i'm correct. ingesting human blood is not a symptom of any disease.

blood transfusions, maybe. biting someone to drink their blood is completely absurd.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 25cents
anemia is an iron deficiency, if i'm correct. ingesting human blood is not a symptom of any disease.

blood transfusions, maybe. biting someone to drink their blood is completely absurd.

There are different kinds of Anemia - one of which causes an iron deficiency. I do agree with you. It's most definitely not a reason for anyone to drink blood. But some (self-proclaimed) "vampires" use Anemia as an excuse for their behaviour...

EDIT:
@KKLover: This site should help you find the answers to some of your questions. Just don't try to see something that isn't there.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yea it talks about it in "Blade" which isn't exactly a good source for it being a fictional movie, but I have heard of people having to drink blood, it may not be true, it may be. As I have said in other topics and threads, this site is for discussion and opinions, kklover brought up a discussion and people like 25cents went and pointed there finger when they should have just asked questions and had the answers on hand as proof, not just saying "that's wrong, you're wrong and your friends are nuts"

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Nobody should consume blood, and real physicians would never give blood to a victim of anemia, or anybody else for that matter. A blood transfusion, probably, but never blood to consume.

If you consume blood, you can get A LOT of diseases from the pathogens, especially if you have an ulcer or a cut in your mouth. Blood is also emetic, so it would be hard to keep down.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_minds
Yea it talks about it in "Blade" which isn't exactly a good source for it being a fictional movie, but I have heard of people having to drink blood, it may not be true, it may be. As I have said in other topics and threads, this site is for discussion and opinions, kklover brought up a discussion and people like 25cents went and pointed there finger when they should have just asked questions and had the answers on hand as proof, not just saying "that's wrong, you're wrong and your friends are nuts"

on the contrary, i feel it is entirely up to you to prove your claims. why waste my time on a thorough debunking, making you feel stupid, when your only 'evidence' is a science fiction movie? please, enlighten me as to the mysterious and powerful ways of the vampiric cult.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well I know that back in 1400's they were consider the sons of Satan. That the only way that Satan would let them stay on earth is for them to drink the blood of others, (Similar to the story of Dracula) There are "vampire wannabes" at school who know all this stuff too. but anyways, some form groups now that believe that they have been culted into being a vampire. They also have things called "Blood-Baths" where they mostly drink goat blood, and that they are immune to AIDs and other blood-transmitted diseases or some #. They think that biting another human being can make them into a vampire, they also think they can never die mortally, and suffer from outbreaks, and seizures. That's all I know, and I was refering to 'Blade' because of the disease that Gemwolf mentioned, Anemia.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
so all of this conjecture is what you're submitting as proof of vampirism? you're saying that because a bunch of high school kids read too many comic books and cut themselves, that their word on vampirism is the final authority?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I suppose so. BUT They don't read comic books, so yea. but anyways this is just stuff that they have picked up. There is one kid is seriously, like any thing close to a vampire, his has fangs, people have yanked and pulled, a they are his real teeth. He drinks a red substance, (maybe just kool-aid mixed with corn syrup) froma little vial and has all these wierd tatoos up and down him, people say it's because his parents don't care about him, but ya know, hey it's information, real, fake, hoax or just plain stupid, it's information.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
i have yet to see why i should be giving any of this thread an ounce of credence.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
there is a mental disorder that does make people crave blood, but I don't think that it is very common

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
does it also make them shun the sun and get pale skin and wear dark clothing and grow fangs and listen to morrissey?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
IMO.. and I don't want to sound offensive..

I presume friends of yours are general outcasts? Often people who don't quite 'fit in' often look at themselves for a reason why. Then theories of aliens/ vampires and the like become apparent as they compensate for not being what they want to be.

Just my two cents

[edit on 6-8-2006 by Knights]

CX

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Are you in the US? I only ask because what with all the extreme hot weather lately, i'd check your friend has been eating properly and is'nt dehydrated either. That could be a major cause of lethargy, especially in this heat.

More likely thats the cause rather than anything vampire related.

CX.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kklover
Sam's boyfriend claimed to be a vampire, but the fake kind. Sam's boyfriend wound up biting my friend. A few days later my friend started acting wierd.

I would highly suggest your friend get themself a tetanus shot. The doctor may even want to put them on antibiotics. Biting someone is a good way to give that someone a nasty infection, among other things.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join