It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I suppose one of my biggest questions is, when a person has shown certain exceptional abilities like thought reading, remote viewing, telekinesis, or whatever else, what is their place in this form of society? I ask this because when I was younger, about seven or so, I realized I was able to see things before they happened, both in my dreams and from sensing it. As a result of this, most of my peers thought I was full of #, and told their parents and the school got involved with it, so I repressed it. Several years later, it kind of resurfaced again in my dreams, and after I began meditating it, I began to feel it more than I did before. Right now I'm kind of at the point where if I quiet my mind, I can sense another person's intentions toward me, even complete strangers, and I've also been sensing situations, usually a few minutes before they happen. I really want to try to harness this "gift", pursue it and see how far I can develop it, but not at the cost of being ostracized by my peers or family because I'm "different". Can anyone offer some advice as to what I should do?

[Edited on 28-10-2003 by kaoszero]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
this is cool.. I've sort of experienced the same thing with my girlfriend...

on 3 or 4 occasions, we'll be sitting around and I can hear here say my name, I ask her what, and she says to me that she didn't say anything.. I tell her that I heard her say my name, she then confesses to me that she was thinking of something that she wanted to say to me but didn't speak it...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hi Kaoszero!

I kinda know how u feel here as i was always the black sheep in the family. I used to have weird dreams that came true when i was younger...the worst one when i dreamt that my dad was in a plane crash....what happened...2 weeks later my dad was camping outside Lockerbie and witnessed the crash.

Look....u have something that ur family is either scared of or are just really skeptical of....if they dont want to hear about it then just keep it to urself and study what u want!

Family shouldn't be about squabbling over whats diffrent with u all...it should be about love and respect and they should respect ur wishes!

hope that made sense?

Good luck!

Gryffen

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Big problem is everyone in my family are Methodists, and they # bricks that I'm not.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Just wait until you get older, and have developed some understanding of it. These types of things are almost always wild abilities, or spontanious. Many do not realize that it is a latent power. This is hereditary, so if family acts like they don't know, it could have skipped a few generations.

That is how it works, if you want to learn more, trace your leanage, and you will discover amazing facts. If your family hadn't been driven underground in the past that is, then you may find nothing, and that is often the most convincing evidence.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
kaoszero, I can understand how you feel, but not with with the Methodist thing ;p

I'm not a therapist so don't feel like you have to take in to hear everything I say, but is it your family that gives you a hard time because you don't want to be Methodist, or are they displeased from both things, that you don't want to be a Methodist and you have these gifts?

I would think it is first important to clearify that just so you don't upset for the wrong reasons. Now for the important part: Gifts such as you mentioned are something I like to think of as "social senses". Those are abilities that thrive around other people and living things. So if your family can't accept you, and/or isn't open to things of that natutre, you need to find an outlet somewhere else. Be it friends, extended families, and so forth. Thats the only bit of advice I have

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is more common than you believe.

My mother is psychic, she used to see things, like crimes being committed etc. She couldn't take it anymore so she renounced this ability. Not surprising considering all she has been through in this lifetime.

It runs in families and is passed on, so you got it from somebody you are related to unless you are an alien-human hybrid.

Embrace it and use it for good, find others out there like yourself, they will accept you and understand you.

Remember all there is in the end it intent, to help others or to only help yourself. Everything stems from this. You are light or dark. You give off energy or you absorb it.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It's not so much that my family isn't open to things of this nature, more that my mother isn't open to things of this nature. As far as things like this in the family go, I have a younger cousin who claims to do some of the same things as I have.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Somehow all those things you need to do will come to you. It's like a mangnent. I don't have to search or look - everything I need to tend to comes to me, just like the animals for the ark came to noah.

new topics

top topics

join