It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another N.Korean missile?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Could someone help me post a link? I just read an article on msnbc's web page
that seems to say N.Korea has another long range missile on the pad.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

msnbc.msn.com...

Tensions persisted over North Korea's apparent preparations to test-fire a Taepodong-2 missile amid disagreements over U.S. military options for responding. The missile, with a believed range of up to 9,300 miles, is potentially capable of reaching the mainland United States.

Is this it?

Here we go again, eh? I wonder if this one will follow through to its target

[edit on 20-7-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Here we go again, eh? I wonder if this one will follow through to its target

Your link seems to refer to the test of the 5th.

Where is the proof that the US has ever been targeted? These are obviously tests, essential for development of weaponry, weaponry that many countries in the world already possess. The target is purely research and development, perhaps they hope it may make overtly hostile countries think twice before invading [in the name of freedom, of course]. Keep on swallowing the propaganda spewed forth by the puppet media, and living in nescience.

[edit on 20/7/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
As was posted before, Kim is very upset that for the most part the world is ignoring him and what he has done/is doing.

I think this is really pissing him off-basicly showing the world considers him just not that important.

He is hoping to get more attention-read food /heating oil/$$$$$$$ by announcing and maybe even launching more missles.

I think this will backfire as Bush will not give in to kim's demands/wants like Clinton did.

The funny thing is, Russia and China want the US to rain in Israel.

The US wants Russia and China to reain in NK.

Neither group is realy doing what the other wants-where will this go?

The next move on the board is for Tiawaiin to test a missle. It will piss China off very much, but the real question, like NK, is what are they going to do about it???

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

Your link seems to refer to the test of the 5th.

According to the link, it was updated 2 hours, 18 minutes ago at the moment of my posting this reply.

Where is the proof that the US has ever been targeted.

Who said the USA was being targeted?

Keep on swallowing the propaganda spewed forth by the puppet media, and living in nescience.

Could you expand on that and tell me what this has to do with another NK missile being prepared for (test) launch?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

The funny thing is, Russia and China want the US to rain in Israel.

When was the last time North Korea carried out actions such as those of Israel now?

The clashes come as Israel keeps up its bombing of Lebanon, carrying out 80 air strikes early on Thursday.

Lebanon's president has called for an immediate ceasefire, calling Israel's offensive - which has killed 300 people and displaced 500,000 - a "massacre".

Bombed roads are hampering aid efforts, with the UN warning the humanitarian crisis is worsening by the hour.
Source.

What can excuse such actions? Surely not the perception of a threat. What makes so many people turn a blind eye to such atrocities carried out by Israel, yet start talking about invasion and regime change when North Korea tests weapon systems? What is it that makes a certain section of the American population think that their military has a God given right to ride around the world Clint Eastwood style, acting as judge, jury and executioner?

Racism? Ignorance? Brainwashing? Or are they truly the master race, under which all other must cower?

[edit on 20/7/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Could you expand on that and tell me what this has to do with another NK missile being prepared for (test) launch?

Here.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

Here.

Thanks, interesting thread and totally on topic. I see where you're comin from now.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Implosion ,

How about when NK started the Korean War??????

If NK invaded SK-now- and was everyday sending rockets into a neighboring country, the same actions would be carried out in NK.

Everyone is SSOOO worried about terrorists-Hezbollah- who purposely target women and children.

Everyone is SSOO worried about terrorists who hide in schools, businesses, and private homes-putting all around them in grave danger.

As far as the Lebanese government-it is not much of one-IMO, and I will tell you why!

1) They allow Hezbollah to stay in the country.
2) They made the terrorists part of their government
3) Lebanon military/go is unwilling or unable to remove terrorists from their country
4) If they will not do anything, than it is up to Israel to do it all

Many countries are complaining SSOO loudly-why don't all the "big mouthed" countries send in THEIR own troops to root out the terrorists and all the missiles/weapons-NNNOOOOO-no one will do that.

I am sure if say, Russia and China sent in their best "special forces"-whatever they may be called, and honestly found the terrorists and their weapons as well as make sure they don't come back-Israel would be thrilled to stay safely in its own boarders.

I just kills me that no one else seems to be harping on that

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yes masqua thats the same article and thanks. As for the other poster who said it reffered to the 5th missile , I believe this is a different one that they are getting ready to launch. Just my free opinion though. I also believe
that the N.K. missile launches are being overshadowed by the mini- war in the mideast.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

"Lebanon's president has called for an immediate ceasefire"

Source.

Personally I have not heard him ONCE call for a ceasefire from the Hezbollah-only Israel.

HMMMMM, something to think about

If he is serious, why not call on the UN to stop Hezbollah and remove them and their weapons-no-never heard that from him

[edit on 7/20/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well, I had -jokingly- suggested that if China thinks it's ok for NK to test missles and do nothing, what about tiawiaan?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems that they are having the largest "live fire" Military Exercise In 20 Years!!!!

This is sure to upset China and further make the world strained.

top topics

join