It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please sign the Save the Lebanese Civilians Petition

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dno117
thanks for the link Pieman...I signed.
peace be with all...

Same here Dno I appreciate it. Thanks!!

Pie

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Many innocent people being killed. Please don't turn a blind eye to this.

The lebanese should be the ones not turning a blind eye to hezbollah in their territory.

No nation in existence is ever going to listen to a petition to stop a war, the very idea is absurd, its just more 'politics as usual'.

I agree Nygdan,

I am not nessicarly new here, been reading for over a year, but I gata say, I think it will do no good, and as bad as I feel for the Lebanese, why can they not stand up and take back there country, I mean yah they could get killed, but isn’t that happening already? Were they not warned to leave? I agree with the majority of the posts here and myself believe that life is precious and we should live together instead of slapping the first person that isn’t easy on the eyes up side the head, but if I was being hammered down on and had a likely chance of dying, I would either do something about it or run like scared little child. That might have sounded abit evil, but stupidity, and fear is ultimately no excuse for lying down and dying with out a fight. I know a lot easier said then done.

It is all about choice, we all have it, just no one really wants to use it, it’s easier to have other think for you I suppose. Sorry if that sounded harsh in any way.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Ace135]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Sorry I understand your concern for the innocent victims, but I can't sign this petition. I feel strongly that what Israel is doing is the right thing to do. Civilian casualties is a part of every war, there is no way around it. Israel has dropped leaflets "intending to warn the Lebanese civilian population to stay clear of areas from which rockets are launched against Israel, as these will be targeted by the IDF and civilians present in those areas are endangering their lives.

The leaflets also stress that any pickup truck or truck traveling south of the Litani river will be considered suspect of transporting weapons and rockets, and is a potential target for the IDF, as this is the region most heavily used for the launching of rockets into Israel.

The IDF is operating with great caution in order to prevent any harm to uninvolved civilians. However, southern Lebanon is a combat zone in which Hizballah terrorists operate against Israeli civilians from within the civilian Lebanese population, using them as human shields.

The IDF's operation will continue until security is restored to the citizens of Israel." (areas in quote taken from new artical.)

So I feel that the right steps have now been taken to try to prevent as many civilian deaths as possible. Israel is trying to stop a monster from forming, and they have an excuse to do so. I'm sorry, but I can't sign a petition that is basically trying to stop Israel from bombing.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I'll sign it as soon as there is one to sign to Save the Israeli Citizens from terrorists and states who support and harbor terrorists.

Thats been signed and sealed since 1949 my friend. Its called US Foreign Aid. Not enough? You need more?

You should speak to your government and tell them to stop killing Civilians and they won't need to form resistance groups to attack you. You can start your own E-petition that I would sign 100%! Im sure a lot of other people would sign too so we finally have some Peace in the ME. Its an idea.

Pie

You will never have peace in the middle east, so that idea might as well be forgotten.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Wether they be Christians,Muslims, Jews, Druze, they are all human and bleed just like you or I. No I am not associated with this site but I have signed the petition. Please pass it around if possible.

Thanks Ladies and Gents. Your kindness is appreciated.

epetition.net...

This petition is being sent to Hezbullah, right?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The lebanese should be the ones not turning a blind eye to hezbollah in their territory.

No nation in existence is ever going to listen to a petition to stop a war, the very idea is absurd, its just more 'politics as usual'.

Ahh I see and what about when Hezbollah was not even a known name and still they did the same thing to Lebanon? The word Invasion pops up a bit in the following document. Hey I just posted a link asking for people to sign a petition. I didn't ask for a lesson on what a government thats been pummeled by internal as well as external forces repeatedly should do. If your choice is to support an agressive government thats fine.

REPORT OF THE COMMISSI0NER-GENERAL

CHAPTER I

EMERGENCY OPERATION IN LEBANON

1. The Israeli invasion of Lebanon on 6 June 1982 and the turmoil which ensued not only necessitated an emergency operation to assist the Palestine refugees whose lives were shattered, at a cost of millions of dollars and challenging all of the resources of UNRWA; it also largely undid the Agency's work of 30 years in Lebanon and transformed the environment in which UNRWA carries out its mandate in ways, that had repercussions well beyond that field.

2. The situation in the first three months following the invasion and the Agency's response to it are chronicled in detail in a special report of the Commissioner-General to the General Assembly (A/37/479 of 28 September 1982). The report was supplemented by the statements of the Commissioner-General to the Special Political Committee of the General Assembly on 9 and 18 November 1982 (A/SPC/37/SR.24 and A/SPC/37/SR.32) which reviewed developments between the end of August and mid-November. The paragraphs that follow summarize the events of the year as a whole. Additional information is given in the Secretary-General's report to the General Assembly in accordance with Assembly resolution 37/120 J of 16 December 1982 (A/38/420).

3. Of the 239,000 Palestine refugees registered with UNRWA in Lebanon, some 198,000 were living in the areas most directly affected by the hostilities – Beirut and the surrounding mountains, Saida and Tyre - together with an indeterminate number who were not registered. It was in these areas, too, that most of the Agency's schools, health centres and other facilities were located. Unable to reach Beirut (as they had in the wake of the previous Israeli Invasion in March 1978) because the roads were cut, many fled from south Lebanon to the Beqa'a Valley and some thence to north Lebanon or the Syrian Arab Republic. The UNRWA emergency programmes were extended to all Palestine refugees in need of assistance who could be identified, regardless of whether or not they were registered with the Agency. Originally planned to cater for an estimated 175,000 affected refugees, in one form or another they have reached some 177,500 persons:62,100 in the Beirut area, 52,600 in the Saida area, 46,460 in the, Tyre area, 4,100 in the Beqa'a Valley, 4,400 in north Lebanon and 7,900 in the Syrian Arab Republic. The Commissioner-General's decision not to distinguish between registered and non-registered was endorsed by the General Assembly in its resolution 37/120 H of 16 December 1982. Nevertheless, the number of non-registered refugees who have sought and received assistance has not exceeded 7 200.

4. Within a short time of the invasion, west Beirut, the base for UNRWA operations in Lebanon, was isolated and remained under virtual siege until mid-August. The Lebanon, Field Office was thereby restricted in its ability to conduct the relief effort elsewhere in the country, and the Field Offices in the West Bank and the Syrian Arab Republic played a crucial operational and logistics role in south Lebanon and in the north and Beqa'a Valley respectively. While operational control from Beirut was re-established in the late autumn, the Lebanon field still relies on its neighbours for many of its supplies and for most communications with the Beqa'a Valley.

5. It was initially envisaged that emergency relief would be required at most for six months, but it quickly, became apparent that rehabilitation of the refugees would take very much longer. Indeed, a more limited form of help still continues to be necessary and will be given throughout the coming winter, at least until March 1984. Repairs to the UNRWA installations that were damaged in the fighting and to refugee housing have made good progress, but the Agency can only now embark on the reconstruction of those buildings which were destroyed and of camp infrastructure

THE UNITED NATIONS RELIEF AND WORKS AGENCY

Deja Vu.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Wether they be Christians,Muslims, Jews, Druze, they are all human and bleed just like you or I. No I am not associated with this site but I have signed the petition. Please pass it around if possible.

epetition.net...

Ignorance must be bliss,for you bask in it.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

epetition.net...

Ignorance must be bliss,for you bask in it.

I feel I stated all that needs to be said to defend Israel. So you keep taking your shots pieman, next you will have a petition to save the innocent civilians that have been, or will be, killed in the war on terrorism.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Exactly, and mr. pieman only feels sympathy for the enemies of Israel. Israel is my nations ally, she is my ally. I will not sign a petition, not that anyone gives a crap about a worthless petition to begin with, unless you start one to support Israel as well. Why pick sides as to which civilians should be saved? Clearly pieman you don't put politics in front of peoples lives? Israeli children don't deserve the same attention because you don't like their country? You do not get my signature until you are fair.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Wow, refresh that petition page a couple times, you can actually watch the numbers go up.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
After reading this thread and musing about it, I just have to ask one question:

Who's life is worth more? An Israeli life? Or a Lebanese life? It's not to get in a fight with anyone. It's just a question.

For myself, I feel sad that civilians on both sides have to die, get injured or displaced because of this conflict. It shouldn't be that way, but it is happening before our very eyes.

Thanks Pieman for your concern about this issue. Someone needs to care for those caught within the crossfire and continue to persevere with the wish to stop the hostilities despite the posturing from both sides.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Why pick sides as to which civilians should be saved? Clearly pieman you don't put politics in front of peoples lives? Israeli children don't deserve the same attention because you don't like their country? You do not get my signature until you are fair.

You and Lordsofchaos must be kissing cousins..Here it is both of you being hypocritical. One tells me Im taking shots after he makes his little Hizbollah BS jab and you are telling me how much of an ally israel is to you and why am I taking a side. Both of you seek help.

Pie

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

You and Lordsofchaos must be kissing cousins..Here it is both of you being hypocritical. One tells me Im taking shots after he makes his little Hizbollah BS jab and you are telling me how much of an ally israel is to you and why am I taking a side. Both of you seek help.

Pie

Now why does this need to get personal? It's a call for a petition...plain and simple. Can we not just let this ride without the jabbing and ducking?

sheesh

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Pie

Now why does this need to get personal? It's a call for a petition...plain and simple. Can we not just let this ride without the jabbing and ducking?

sheesh

My jab? But saying a Petition for Lebanese Civilians is going to Hizbollah.Its Ok to infer lebanese civilians are the same as terrorists?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
That's funny...I didn't mention anyone's usermname...I could quite easily be agreeing with you too...

Let's get back on topic and allow members to sign or pass on the petition without the drama

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Why pick sides as to which civilians should be saved? Clearly pieman you don't put politics in front of peoples lives? Israeli children don't deserve the same attention because you don't like their country? You do not get my signature until you are fair.

Pie

OMG that is rich, I like that, being called a hypocrite from a bigot like your self?!?!? WHY is it you don't like the Israeli civilians just answer that question for me pieman, why should I think like you, those poor poor Lebanese, poor poor Palestinians, but damn the Jews! they don't need sympathy! Who cares if they have to hide out in bunkers! They are Israeli Jews and that's all the reason I need to support terrorist! Ya, I need help because I refuse to disregard innocent people on the Israeli side to take the side of murdering terrorist. If the Lebanese didn't want Hezbollah they should have gone to war with them and let the international community take it from there. I won't feel sorry for a country that dug its own grave, that was to weak to take it back from the hands of murdering terrorist, and I won't give in to your racist line of thought that just because the Jews got help, because they can function as a state, because they have to defend themselves from all sides from the ignorant Islamic militias. No, take your damn petition and shove it.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

My jab? But saying a Petition for Lebanese Civilians is going to Hizbollah.Its Ok to infer lebanese civilians are the same as terrorists?

Hezbullah is a terrorist organization that launched an attack on Israel. The Lebanese civilians had nothing to do with it, it was a terrorist organization. Are you equating the Lebanese civilians to Hezbollah? Remember, Israel offered a cease fire, and Hezbullah refused.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

those poor poor Lebanese, poor poor Palestinians, but damn the Jews! they don't need sympathy! Who cares if they have to hide out in bunkers! They are Israeli Jews and that's all the reason I need to support terrorist! Ya, I need help because I refuse to disregard innocent people on the Israeli side to take the side of murdering terrorist. If the Lebanese didn't want Hezbollah they should have gone to war with them and let the international community take it from there. I won't feel sorry for a country that dug its own grave, that was to weak to take it back from the hands of murdering terrorist, and I won't give in to your racist line of thought that just because the Jews got help, because they can function as a state, because they have to defend themselves from all sides from the ignorant Islamic militias. No, take your damn petition and shove it.

I just will say I laugh at you. Absolutely pitiful. Ignorance being denied right at this very moment.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I guess we are then pieman. I done told you this petition is a worthless piece of garbage. Israel has given the lebanese people the opportunity to save themselves by giving them leaflets. They are hitting the places where Weapons or hezbollah are hiding, it is not there fault that civilians are living with them. And then you hear all about those two kids dying. The got hit by shrapnel from a missile, while playing outside! Real good parents they have in lebanon, in the middle of bombing, yet they let their cildren go outside and play in the midst of it. You really need to grow up pieman, and instead of choosing one side, choose both or keep your mouth shut, or someone might think you are a terrorist.
Oh and I got your kissing cousin hanging slick

[edit on 20-7-2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This is for mr rockpuck and his innocent people that he supports.

Situation in the occupied territories

13. Although the operation in Lebanon has been the major preoccupation of UNRWA during the period under review, conditions in the occupied territories, particularly in the West Bank, have also been the cause of deep concern to the Agency. The period has again been marked by numerous disturbances by Palestinians and Israeli settlers and by security measures taken by the Israeli army. The political and military events in the Near East have unavoidably had repercussions among the civilian population of the occupied territories. The continued establishment of new Israeli settlements in increasing numbers in the West Bank has further deeply disturbed the Palestinians and led to clashes with them. Demonstrations by Palestinians, often accompanied by stone-throwing and other forms of violence, have caused the occupation authorities to close UNRWA schools and training centres and to impose curfews on refugee camps. The longest of these curfews were at Jalazone from 8 to 30 March 1983 and at Dheisheh from 9 to 23 March 1983. Though UNRWA has generally been able with the co-operation of the Israeli authorities to maintain minimum essential services to camp inhabitants under curfew, the distress caused by prolonged curfews to the inhabitants is intense. Clashes between groups of Palestinians and members of the Israeli security forces have been followed by the entry of troops into the three UNRWA training centres in the West Bank. There have been many instances of the harassment of Palestine refugees by armed Israeli settlers. The UNRWA Field Office has made every effort to limit the interruptions to Agency services and to secure the reopening of training centres and schools when these have been closed. As long as the tension in the occupied territories remains at a high pitch, it must be feared that incidents involving UNRWA programmes and staff will continue to occur. The Agency will continue to do its utmost to maintain services to the refugees in the West Bank in spite of these difficulties.

Source

Although this document is from the 80's the situation has not changed much at all. Thats in over 20 years
I don't see any mention of israeli refugees or israeli camps. I also don't see any mention of weapons...Just rocks. I see terms like Armed Israeli settlers (READ CIVILIANS) which has also not changed.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join