It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek woman gives birth to her own grandchild

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
ok i know this sounds like a headline out of the national enquirer but its not. this is for real. a woman is going to give birth to her own grandchild.

A 52-year-old Greek woman is to give birth to her own grandchild after being granted legal permission to act as a surrogate mother for her daughter.

now if this isnt also out of the norm, she is also 52. wow what a thing to ask your mom to do right when she finally gets her life back to herself. i cant imagine asking my mom when she gets to be that age "hey mom can you get pregnant for me and give me the kid"

still, its a very sweet thing to do though. although kinda wierd to be calling a lady mom when she is really your sister, and calling your mom grandma.

Woman gives birth to her own grandchild

Digitalgrl

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Although her age is a factor i think this lady should be commended for her selflisness at doing this for her daughter. This would have been a hard choice to make not disregarding the weirdness some people mind find in it.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
oh definatly she should be commended. i think one thing i see that may be a problem is what if the daughter has one way of raising and the mother doesnt approve? i mean as a daughter myself, i wouldnt want my mother telling me how to raise my child. its one thing to give advice and all but we've all seen those crazy pushy moms on tv. not that this lady would be one. but i mean, lets say she disagrees where the child goes to school, or the childs curfew, if she is the biological mother, how can she not feel like she has the right to some real input.
so that is something that i can see being a possible obstacle in doing something like this. alot of surrogates dont ever see the child again and the ones that do for the most part dont see them on a regular basis. so i think it would be hard, at least for me, if i gave away a child to someone else that i would see everyday, to not feel obligated to step in when i felt something wasnt being done right. you know what i mean?

i do hope all goes well though.
Digitalgrl

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I wonder who the lucky guys is, I mean wow, the whole mom and daughter fantasy some men harbor has been taken to the extreme here. LOL
Jeez man, I hate my mother inlaw...
OH MY GOD, it just popped in there... DigitalGrl thanks for a mental image that will now haunt me forever. (shudders)

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
lol! np

digitalgrl

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I wonder who the lucky guys is, I mean wow, the whole mom and daughter fantasy some men harbor has been taken to the extreme here.

Twitchy I do not think it is going to happen the way you think it is. The mother will be implanted artificially

I agree this certainly an odd situation, however there is a good side as to the daughters choice being her mother. This way her family genetics are used leaving only the new genes of the father rather then a third unknown set of genes from a third party. Stop and think about it for a minute; it actually makes alot of sense looking at it from a family gene perspective.

[edit on 7/21/2006 by shots]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
although kinda wierd to be calling a lady mom when she is really your sister, and calling your mom grandma.

The baby is biologically the daughters and her husbands, artificially implanted into the mother (or grandmother) The baby will NOT be the 'sister' of her own mother. She will be the child and grandchild. The only thing the 53-year-old is doing is carrying and delivering the baby. It's not from her egg.

The 53-year-old should have no more say in raising the baby than any grandmother. That's all she is. She's not 'giving away her child'. She's carrying her daughter's child.

And I think it's a great thing the woman is doing for her daughter.
I doubt the daughter asked her mother at all. Most of the time in these situations, the surrogate volunteers.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Indeed, it seems like the close relationship between the biological mother and the surrogate might make for problems, I'd think that the best surrogate would be someone unconnected to the person.

But, of course, if it works for them *shrugs*

new topics

top topics

join