It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's helmets with face covers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
NO I have never worn riot gear like this. However in this shipyard where I work I have often worn safety gear of various types in addition to my regular daily safety gear of hardhat and safety glasses.

Ive worn visors and respirators ..even air supplied respirator. Yes in close confines it is very difficult and awkward. You have to really dicipline yourself to maintain it without going nuts and ripping the junk off your face. It fogs up...gets scratchs on it. Often very uncomfortable.

I sometimes have to work in a "glove box" like you see on those re runs of the Si Fi series the "X-files." This too can get very uncomfortable as often ones posture is not the best while accomplishing this task.

Like I said..much of this looks good ..its just not always pratical or comfortable.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
no, it isn't confortable, I'm sure. But you can take it off when you're not in battle. If you are in battle, I don't think you wanna take it off. By the way, on second notice, I think this cover is pretty TOUGH but I don't know what kind of bullets it can withstand, though I'm 100% sure it can stop a 9mm and 100% sure it CANNOT stop a 50 caliber

when in battle, maximum protection is necessary. Especially if Frag grenades are exploding everywhere. The fragmenation and debris will f* your face up, if it doesn't kill you first, that is.

Yeah, pretty much, if I wasn't in battle, I wouldn't wear it, unless I was training with it/getting used to it. But in battle, I would LOVE extra protection-my thoughts wouldn't be on how confortable I am, but on how SAFE I am. I can't believe those US soldiers in Iraq, complaining about some new body armor they wore that I saw in another thread. Safety first!

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
Its a good idea. PRoblem is in all of the pictures you see posted here the helment visor is in the up position.

I agree with some of the posters it would be awkward.

Also I think some of you have never worn extensive safety equipment. Glasses,Goggles, Visors, hearing protection et al. This design as someone aptly posted can get very stuffy and fogging up your vision.

Alot of plastic here. It can get severely scratched up. Also reflect alot of light in the correct angles to a light source.

This type of helment is a good idea for police ie...crowd control etc.

Thanks,
Orangetom

I have several hundred hours of experience in paintball masks that are pretty close to this, and I don't see any real problems with it in terms of fogging up or comfort. It looks to me like it comes down around the bottom of the nose, so you wouldn't be breathing into it a ton. Besides, there are several methods (thermal goggles and coatings being the two most common) of making them fogproof, and I had a few pairs of paintball goggles that were single pane and would not fog up even if you breathed on them because of the coating. I think it could work pretty well if they did it properly.

<< 1   >>

join