It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bell Helicopter and X-Hawk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
In Farnborough Air Show, Bell Helicopter joined an Israel company to develop the X-Hawk.

www.dfw.com...

Do you think, this concept has some future ? (12 persons on board, will required quite a lifting performance).

More photos here:

www.urbanaero.com...

Anyway, if it does not work, I might try to buy an old prototype, to help me cut my lawn in two passes only,

GSA

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
that looks totaly awesome !!!!!

As a rescue craft as well as an assualt craft that would be superb - and very sfae. imagine the sheer suprise of one of those dropping onto your roof and disgourging SEALS or SAS??

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
That's just updated Piasecki design from the 50's and 60's, as an idea to replace the Jeep (in fact, it was called the Piasecki ZV8-P Airgeep). Two design were built, both carrying one pilot and powered by a small tubroshaft engine. The first had both front and rear ducts horizontal, while the second had the rear duct angled to provide better forward speed. They even had gearing to the landing gear so it could drive around on the ground. Of course, the design went nowhere and is largely forgotten, except for the occasional reference while researching VTOL experiments. Have a look:
avia.russian.ee...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Good one TSR
Ever since I saw that XHawk I just knew it reminded me of something I had seen before but I couldn't pin it down. Thats the one though

Like I said on another thread; 'nothing new under the sun'. So many 'new concepts' can be traced back decades. I love turning them up when I can but you beat me to this one

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Those pictures do not do justice to the mock up I saw at Farnborough. X Hawk is a mean machine with two mini-guns and 11 fully armed troops to assault buildings at a high level.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DickDasterdly
Those pictures do not do justice to the mock up I saw at Farnborough.

Heres the farnborough mock-up.

I think it looks pretty cool, and the rescue pick looked cool as well. Hope it makes it to reality.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Murcielago]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Good one TSR
Ever since I saw that XHawk I just knew it reminded me of something I had seen before but I couldn't pin it down. Thats the one though

Like I said on another thread; 'nothing new under the sun'. So many 'new concepts' can be traced back decades. I love turning them up when I can but you beat me to this one

I read too much for my own good.

But that's good that you do the same. We give the real creators their due credit when everyone else forgets. It's not a new idea if someone came up with it first.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by TSR2005]

top topics

join