It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

canada is the u.s.a without the bloodlust, ignorance and greed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Anyone agree? dissagree?

Take a look at the world stage, heck - take a look at anything. there is always a "top" that trickles down to meet the bottom. I think it is safe to say that the u.s.a is the "top" of the world stage. i mean let's face it. If america wants to do something, they will do it. Anything. I'm not disputing the fact that this is reality. there is always someone who wins, and someone who loses. But to me, and only in my own opinion, I would say america has abused the position. Now i'm not dumb enough to blame Americans for this, I'm not gunning for the "people" that live in the u.s.a., but then both canadians and americans live in a "democracy" which is supposed to mean that the people elect the leader, and either stand by the decision or use there power of impeachment. GEORGE BUSH HAS BEEN ALLOWED TO BE PRESIDENT FOR HIS MAXIMUM TURN. Does this mean simply that americans are so equaly divided on his rule that the people just have to put up with him? does it mean that americans are just too lazy to do anything about it? does it mean that the people are just more comfortable being sheep? What is it?

I'm also certainly not putting canada on a pedestal, we all have our problems, the world in general is not perfect and i would challenge anyone to come up with a place in the world that does not have it's holes in the fabric. Always dark and light.. It seems natural. But aside from those lines people draw on the maps we have, canada and the u.s share the same land mass. yet we are sooo different. If you take a look at europe, my goodness, it seems EVERY line drawn marks a huge difference, different language, different culture different ideas - but here the ONE line drawn really seems to come down to an attitude.

It seems because we never reached for that position as world leader, we never really grasped for that "golden" cup, we have been allowed to be seen as fairly peacefull friendly neighbours. we are seen as polite, maybe slightly nieve, and gentle. helping where we can, or where we feel right in doing so. But generaly just sticking to our own and living the life. I'll be honest with a little inside info for americans that have never been here, or who have no canadian ties, we kind of laugh at you. the way you see us is kind of funny to us. the antics that go on in the u.s are frequently discussed over a good beer and some beaver steak. The fact that this isnt well known only serves to highlight our wish to be left alone. Anyone seen "the usual suspects"? The greatest trick a country can pull on The u.s, is to make it think it is nothing. Therefore the big bloody foot will step over it and onto something else.

you are the neighbour who rings the doorbell and we pretend we are not home.
you are the the neighbour who gets the invite to the bbq one day late ....."unfortunately"
You are the neighbour we smile at, partly in fear of, and partly so you will go away.
sadly it has more to do with who owns your "house" then it does with you.

Those kids over "there" that are watching the destruction with the symbol of your flag flashing by will grow up one day, and become able to do "whatever they want"
and I dont think they will make the distinction between you, and your leader.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tasteslikethunder
I'll be honest with a little inside info for americans that have never been here, or who have no canadian ties, we kind of laugh at you. the way you see us is kind of funny to us. the antics that go on in the u.s are frequently discussed over a good beer and some beaver steak.

And American's are laughing back. Mainly because Canada has a population smaller than the state of California and can't really decide if they're British, French, or actually an independant country.

Americans know Canadians dislike them too, unless of course American television were cut off...because everyone knows that Canadian television will make you into a drooling vegetable.

you are the neighbour who rings the doorbell and we pretend we are not home.

They just wanted to tell you...they slept with your wife.

you are the the neighbour who gets the invite to the bbq one day late ....."unfortunately"

The American BBQ was the day before and you were not even invited.

You are the neighbour we smile at, partly in fear of, and partly so you will go away. sadly it has more to do with who owns your "house" then it does with you.

Americans like your smile, so they wave back knowing you will soon be boarding the "short bus" in a metaphoric world setting.

You say people can't tell between the people and their leader (which is supposed to be some spun out insult I suppose). You DO know that is global right? North Korea ring a bell? Yep, Kim Jong. How about Russia which at one time was equated to Stalin or Lennon? Germany? Yes, Hitler. Iraq? Hussien.

What about Canada? People related to their leader? Nope. Just those silly geese that crap everywhere.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I don’t think Canada and the U.S. are that different.
Heck when we visit other nations we have to wear flags just so they can tell the difference.

One way to think of things is that the U.S. has a population around 10 times that of Canada. So some issues in America seem ten times worse.

link   
You want answers?

You want the truth?

You really want the truth?

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, TastesLikeThunder? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Saddam and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Saddam's capture, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at BBQ's, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

link   
I think that proves you've spent to much time in Canada, Zedd. Only Canucks can be so insulting and yet so funny, all at the same time.

Why don't Canada and the US gang up and pick on Mexico for a while instead?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
In the words of the immortal cindy lauper, "you're true colors are shining through"

It's bullying! You are attempting to bully me! I have stated my opinion, added a bit of humour, but mostly with class, and some of you already are being like the jock in the high school gym, glancing over at the pretty girls and loudly beating yer chests and prancing around like apes that have had the small monkey sneak up and burn there tail with a branch lit with lightning.

"They just wanted to tell you...they slept with your wife."

beat beat chest.

"You can't handle the truth! Son"

monkey down...

"I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way."

wow, i don't think i could say anything to prove my point more accurately.

"What about Canada? People related to their leader? Nope. Just those silly geese that crap everywhere."

hmmmm...well.. sticks and stones... sheesh. you are right, those geese and the poop, I wish they were not so involved with our politics here in canada.

instead of debate here, so far i've got guns being drawn on me, pointed and ready.
It's o.k though, because i know you don't represent everyone on ATS, and certainly not every American. The thing you don't realise is i'm ready to be proven wrong. I am not ready to be pushed into the dirt with a gun to my head untill i agree with you. If you want you can just keep proving my point, or we can have an actuall discussion.

Be good to eachother.

Tastelikethunder.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think we are both different in our quality and failure.
Its like american have nothing to envy canada and canadian have nothing to envy US.. mostly .

The problem is, time. Living in canada i remember 15 years ago seeing chineese ppl was rare, TV was rubbish and internet was like.. Google? Now we are living in a World of Globalization, Canada is having demographic problems, in a short period of time stuff can shape in a totaly different aspect.

I like those kind of topic, its always fun to read but i realy think there is bad ppl representing american and the same is for canada but mostly the world is full of great different human beeing, no need to categorize between country i think.

personaly i realy love american football but i've travel in a few place around the world and met a few americans and what amazed me most was how they always pretend to be canadian at 1st and then when you start telling you canadian too they say they are american and say "oh the travel agent tell us to do so"

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Why don't Canada and the US gang up and pick on Mexico for a while instead?

No one likes Mexico, anyways. I mean, what have THEY ever done for anyone? Slackers. The rest of North America consumes 90% of the world's resources, and you haven't even fought for your share. You just mooch off the rest of the Americas.

DE

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It's bullying! You are attempting to bully me! I have stated my opinion, added a bit of humour...

You had humour in there? Hmmmm, I saw one long post that was laden with insults.

How about these three LOADED questions?

Does this mean simply that americans are so equaly divided on his rule that the people just have to put up with him? does it mean that americans are just too lazy to do anything about it?
does it mean that the people are just more comfortable being sheep?

The first question implies Americans are weak, the second lazy, and the third stupid. It's a shame with all your "class" you could find some other options to put out there.

You state how life is different, light and dark, etc and then...oh yeah, "we [Canadians] laugh at you." Then you make the comment that childreen in other countries "are watching the destruction with the symbol of your flag..."

So it's all evil and destructive. There is no comments of liberating, feeding, clothing, or whatever. Just the big evil USA doing evil stuff and of course like you stated at the beginning...Americans are too weak, lazy or stupid to do anything in your mind.

So yeah, I answered your "class" post in an outrageous way. Instead of getting it, you think it's chest beating. Niiiice.

ps) Next time, just say you hate Americans and just get the insults right out in the open. Being direct is much easier.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I have stated my opinion, added a bit of humour,

Maybe that's the problem right there. Perhaps your humour is far too sophisticated and goes right over our heads? This isn't the first time I, and others, didn't get your humour.

I'd suggest the liberal use of smilies and sarcasm tags in the future.

Lord knows we don't want you to leave PTS because you aren't getting the discussion you're looking for. I need all the Canucks I can get in this forum and I am especially fond of anyone who starts threads.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
[edit on 18-7-2006 by tasteslikethunder]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I like Canadians. They taste like chicken marinaded in Moosehead with a dash of thyme.

Canadians are like Americans, without all the tobasco sauce, additives, preservatives, and genetically modified ingredients. They are part of a well balanced diet and are a good source of fiber, calcium, and omega-3 fatty acids. Eating 3 servings of Canadians a week will reduce your risk of stroke, colon cancer, and impotency.

Does bashing America make you feel better? Do you get special health benefits pointing out your view that America is Canada's toilet and the armpit of the world? Does it make you feel superior, privilaged, lucky? If so, then good. but don't expect others to take your view up so blindly.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
All i can say is wow. You'll have to give me some time to "lick my wounds" and reply. I will not shy away from what i said, when i say i added humour, it should be obvious where (beaver steak) otherwise i was just plainly speaking. Call me on it. Sadly some of you are more interested in barking back than licking your own, And again, just proving my point further. chest beating and insults. I'm offering a view that i'm pretty confident a large majority of canadian's would share if they were brave enough to be honest about it, I'm sorry/not sorry if offering it in a creative way is forcing you to read between the lines. You'll have to allow me a recess to gather my thoughts. I need to make sure i'm clear that there is no difference between what it is i was trying to say, and what i said...

in the meantime watch this...

www.youtube.com...

Just some flag waving propaganda from a really bad beer no one who likes beer really drinks, that is now owned by american's, but for some reason has funny/canadian patriotic commercials.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Canadians and Americans aren't that different. There's a bit of everything in both countries. The real issues are obscured in both countries. Canada is more like America than Europe, we could have signed onto the European Union instead of Nafta. We both got our bigots, our greed mongers, our right-wing wingnuts, our corporate lackey politicians, and our crumbling infrastructures, our out-sourced jobs and the same media moguls. Looks like the worlds their melting pot. In the words of the immortal Mark Twain:

" Mine eyes have seen the orgy of the launching of the Sword;
He is searching out the hoardings where the stranger's wealth is stored;
He hath loosed his fateful lightnings, and with woe and death has scored;
His lust is marching on.

I have seen him in the watch-fires of a hundred circling camps;
They have builded him an altar in the Eastern dews and damps;
I have read his doomful mission by the dim and flaring lamps --
His night is marching on.

I have read his bandit gospel writ in burnished rows of steel:
"As ye deal with my pretensions, so with you my wrath shall deal;
Let the faithless son of Freedom crush the patriot with his heel;
Lo, Greed is marching on!"

We have legalized the strumpet and are guarding her retreat;*
Greed is seeking out commercial souls before his judgement seat;
O, be swift, ye clods, to answer him! be jubilant my feet!
Our god is marching on!

In a sordid slime harmonious Greed was born in yonder ditch,
With a longing in his bosom -- and for others' goods an itch.
As Christ died to make men holy, let men die to make us rich --
Our god is marching on."

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   

All i can say is wow. You'll have to give me some time to "lick my wounds" and reply. I will not shy away from what i said, when i say i added humour, it should be obvious where (beaver steak) otherwise i was just plainly speaking. Call me on it. Sadly some of you are more interested in barking back than licking your own, And again, just proving my point further. chest beating and insults.

LOL! Thats exactly what i said as i read the responses to your post.... and for a MOD to post what he did shows the true colors of this redculous board that once was something great to visit... like America.

if that is the quality of the MODS on this site then no wonder. Ignorant #.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

MOD NOTE: Enjoy reading and take heed, next time you'll get a shiny red warn badge for your efforts.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
How typical of the mealy mouth maple leaves to act like an upstart against their american big brother, and then run and cry when they get spanked!

ok ok, all in jest people, yeesh, lets all get a grip! Canadians like to think they are superior to americans, americans like to think they are more important than canadians, lets not take the friendly rivalry serious though! Besides, canadians are just upset that they don't have real bacon and have to put mayo on their french fries, so I think we can all excuse a little animosity no?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'm not sure what the prbolem here is? I found Zedd's comments as amusing as the OPs. Frankly you can't go round posting provocative things like that and not expect a response anyway, I'm getting pretty sick of people who bait others then go crying to the complaints box when they get the response they don't (or maybe do?) want. Anyone would be forgiven for thinking we were at playschool, if you can't take it then frankly don't bother dishing it out

And if you don't like it here, then the Internet is a big place, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
SEE!!!!

Now this is what makes watching a Canada V America ice-hockey game so good

I think truth be known I,d have to vote for Canada.. cleaner air,biting cold winters etc.. wooooonderful.Just have to watch your step for the moose poo and large bears raiding your dustbins..

Keep up the slugging dudes. it makes good reading

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It's Already July, And We Still Haven't Nuked Canada Yet?

Man, us Americans are getting soft. :shk:

Next thing you know we'll be letting Canadians in without a visa.

The only reason I can come up with for us not invading Canada already is that it might interrupt the vital flow of maple syrup, green-bottle beer and talented comedians into the U.S.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There's a good reason not to invade Canada. You'd end up with 27,000,000 extra Democrats whining about universal health care. The other 3,000,000 are living in Alberta.

The moose crap has been worse than usual this year. I think it has something to do with their diet.

(OK, so the moose was in Alaska, but it's still cute!)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join