It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

canada is the u.s.a without the bloodlust, ignorance and greed.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Do you get special health benefits pointing out your view that America is Canada's toilet and the armpit of the world? Does it make you feel superior, privilaged, lucky?

Actually, I live walking distance to Canada.
When I was a kid I thought Canadians were anyone who looked different. I thought a person from a foreign country was supposed to look foreign

But, the comment about American being Canada's toilet is more or less true.

Actually, SE Michigan is Toronto's garbage dump. Thanks to greed on the part of a small Michigan town and Toronto's dislike for dealing with their own trash and recyclables---since I'm told Toronto doesn't recycle

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I don't know what I find funnier...the fact that some people got sooooo upset when I bashed back at Canada in response to this thread

OR

the fact that I am Canadian.

Yes, I know many Canadians that talk smack about America yet it's still their preferred choice for TV, getting gas, shopping, vacations, etc so it can't be THAT bad.

As for my comments, well...you can't win them all and perhaps I was missing a few filters between my brain and hands, but what you witnessed above was a "your momma is so fat..." conversation in my mind and it all started with "we laugh at you behind your backs."

Let me state that is not true. Canadians would laugh at your face too. Especially if there is beer around.

Now, lighten up and chill eh?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Toronto does have a recycling program for residential homes called the Green Bin program. They also have plenty of recycling centres around the city. If they aren't recylcling, it's not because they don't have the facilities.

They really need to build a new dump. Bloody NIMBYism. :shk: If Michigan stops taking it, they'll just dump it all in London.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
As I like to say: "We're more alike than different."

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
AWWWWWW C,MON GUYS!!!

you are all being too nice now.. It was more fun earlier in the thread with the slugging it out..

Get back on topic..

C,mon I,ll give you some ammo..

For the Americans..
Celine dion.. WELL French Canadian anyway..Did you see her ''I can fly '' video..
Only the most horrific I,ve ever seen.could she BE more orange???Chandler Bing

For the Canadians..
American wrestling..C,mon.. we know that the blood is just Ketchup..But Rik Flair is gonna POP a blood vessel..He get redder than Celine was orange

OK ....ROUND TWO.ding ding

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I don’t think Canada and the U.S. are that different.
Heck when we visit other nations we have to wear flags just so they can tell the difference.

I know what you mean about the flag comment... all the time backpacking in Europe you would see Canadians with the big Maple Leaf Flag on their backpack. Actually got into some pretty funny discussions, since most of them were from non-border areas.

I live in Michigan near the border. It is weird that Toronto can't find someplace in Canada to dump it's own trash, it's frickin huge. We are pretty much the same yet different, as it should be with friendly neighbors. They have better beer and cleaner cities, we have better movies, TV, music and garbage dumps I guess. I don't think one side or the other should disparage the other for what they are. The U.S. is a world leader, who declared independence from England, Canada is still a member of the Commonwealth. Big deal, both nations share many of the same values and beliefs.

I happen to love Canada, it's a great place and we are lucky to have them as a neighbor. My Canadian friends say the same about us. It's only people that don't interact with each other and have preconceived ideas that get it wrong.

BTW, if you want to try mayo and many other things on french fries, go to Belgium....mmm and even more potent beer than Canada! MMMMM

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tasteslikethunder
canada is the u.s.a without the bloodlust, ignorance and greed.

How'd you manage to forget economic might, military power, and worldwide influence? Or ingenuity, missile defense
and technology? Don' even get me started. Canada is not the USA. But it is a cherished neighbor nonetheless, which I would imagine will always be protected if the stink happens to hit the fan, and whose people I happen to adore.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
i dunno about all that, but i do know that canada is totally awesome for 2 reasons:

1 - in order to live in that cold, those people gotta get drunk, a lot. and that's rad.

2 - hot chicks. i'm f'real.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Eh.

it's sort of like that beach that only the locals know, where everyone is friendly and having a great time. beers are flowing, woman are in bikini's and men are in short shorts. if you go see the man with the red hat you can get some chocolate mushrooms, or a trip on a boat to that cool little island out there. it's a secret, and no one wants too many people to know about it because then it will be overcome by jerks and tourists. sure maybe a few miles away there is a big popular beach where you can get fish and chips and a pepsi and its nice and corporate with a shop near by to get a moose t-shirt, but thats great because thats where we want you to go. And by "you" i mean, well...you know who you are. It all comes down to an attitude, and I'm just not sure that some americans are aware of how obvious it is. I'm not going to apologise for anything i've said here in this forum, I think if you reread the comments i've said calmly and without that big blue and white flag flapping at your brain you will see that i was just trying to give you some raw honest insight. I'm not going to spoon feed it to you. If you look hard enough in the other direction, you will always find people who agree with you too. I'm just speaking as someone who loves everyone, Americans definitley included. it's like those people on t.v auditioning for the latest reality talent show, some of them have obviously been lied to there whole life, they are not talented, and they will never make it ever, someone has been gentle to them up untill that point, giving them the "soft" answers and the safe praise, eventually everyone either meets the actuall truth, or steps off there 5 minutes into a bowl of coke or a bucket of jesus.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I like Canadians. They taste like chicken marinaded in Moosehead with a dash of thyme.

And maple! I demand that you recognize that we also taste like maple!!!

thunder, you weren't being bullied. The fact is, nobody likes to see his or her country attacked that directly by other posters. There is a difference between criticism of another country's policies (Bush's stance on Lebanon is flawed and biased and not conducive to Middle East peace) and downright attacks (Americans are imperialistic bullies who want to rule the world). I remember how many attacks on France and the French in general there were on ATS two years ago, and how surprised the people doing the attacking were when the few French posters on the board didn't collectively hang their heads in shame, recognize they were indeed smelly cheese eaters and beg forgiveness, but actually fought back. The same can be said with any nationality. I will come out with guns blazing against anyone who insults my country, and I don't blame American posters for doing the same.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
And to add to the fun part of the topic...

On behalf of Canada, I will apologize to all Americans for Celine Dion, William Shatner and Paul Anka.

In return, I will demand that Americans apologize to all Canadians for Lawrence Welk, Britney Spears and Wayne Newton.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join