It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I hate the one that's up there just now... the flashing "you are a winner" banner.

Oh yes, and my favorite to loathe are the "dating service" ads that look like your dates are all strippers.

That's a bad thing

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Hey all, right now there's a rather annoying Ad on the front page and I was wondering if there was any way it can be removed? Here's a screenshot taken by ATS member 'Regenstorm' in this thread here: Covering Ad at the Frontpage

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/dw4f606ad9.JPG[/atsimg]

Some of the thread's are being covered by the Ad which is a bit annoying really so it would be appreciated if it can go.

Not a big deal really but just thought it was worth bringing up still. Thanks..

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

This one if you can get it to close, it just comes right up again and won't close. Plays even if you don't click on it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
There is an ad in the upper right of the screen on he page with "my ATS", the ad unfolds and covers the "my ATS" button, and plays music which I do not want.

It took me about 5 tries to even get to the board discussion threads.

If this keeps getting in the way, I can't navigate ATS.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
request completed.
edit on 24-3-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
A little bird (twitter) tells me that some of these adverts are using private IP-Addresses and threads made about this problem here including the logs have been deleted by the mods.

Looks like the world got out and its time the staff at ATS started to work with us and not against us.

Most viruses are spead using private addresses and putting profit before saftey is not the way to go.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hi, is there any way to change the color of the blue words in the posts? I just can't read them.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I was just going to post that one also. It drops down and covers half the screen.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

This ad is no longer with us, thankfully, but if there is ever another ad like that ad for the Superman movie please make it go quick. It froze the screen with the superman symbol, then had a loading bar, then a full screen ad you had to close.

That thing infuriated me at the time.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Most of the adds on ATS are okay, not great, but it's either that or members pay and I can't afford to pay.

If these adds keep ATS free, than I will suffer through them.

I agree with Blaine91555 though the Silver Star Award was stupid to me anyway.
edit on 15-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So I'll be going around the site with some music playing, on the quest for knowledge of course, and all of the sudden I hear this "WELCOME TO JACQI'S ONE MINUTE WOW!" and I think to myself "OH MY GOD did someone just kill a cat!?!" This lady's voice pierces my eardrums mercilessly, and I didn't even click play on the stupid video. Is there a way to stop these videos from playing on their own? Or, quite frankly, can you just get rid of them?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Do we really need an ad for a Roman orgy on the new topics page?
I was not aware of this thread, so I had a little rant about it.
Roman Orgy Advert.
It's not appropriate for this site.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but there is an ad that redirects away from the home page and begins with a "Homemade Bungeejump" video. Very obnoxious to have the sound invading while browsing other pages, but even more than that, it continues to play video after video. I'm on limited bandwidth, hate coming back to find out videos have been playing for 14 hours

EDIT: Happy I found this thread actually, makes me all warm and fuzzy seeing a community that actually takes this type of input from members. Keep up the great work guys!

edit on 21-4-2012 by DudeCuda because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-4-2012 by DudeCuda because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DudeCuda

Please ad audio ads to the hit list.

Thanks for your consideration.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
some ad lately is playing some annoying song when i leave a tab open a little while.

/shakes fist

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
All of these "Expanding" ads need to go. They just grow, take over the screen and start screaming in your ears. The close button wouldn't even work on this one.

BTW - I thought at some point, I wasn't supposed to see ads anymore??

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Am I the only one that when the Droids ad comes up then ATS does not load?
Hit refresh up to 10 times only to keep getting the same thing till finally a different ad pops up.

Also try hitting the ATS link again to get the same thing as when hitting refresh.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Same thing here. All I get is the wallpaper.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Connman

I get the same thing with the following droid ad over and over. Seems to be the only one that does it though.

img.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11-6-2012 by drivers1492 because: inseting image

edit on 11-6-2012 by drivers1492 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join