It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Spending

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Bush has spent more then any President ever, he is trully a Big Spender, a Democrat! As Clinton was a Republican by how little he spent, Bush is a Democrat by the more then a Trillion dollars spent. Now sure he did cut some spending, like...

Cut 39 Million for Libraries
Cut 35 Million on training doctors in advanced Pediatrics
Cut research into renewable resources by 50%
Cut funding into cleaner burning cars by 28%
Reduced by 86% the funding that went into the Community Access Program, the program used by people who don't have medical insurance. The hundred million or so...
Cut 60 Million from the Boys and Girls club.
Cut 200 Million to ChildCare for those who can't afford on minimum wages
Cut 700 Million for Public Housing Repair
Cut 500 Million from the EPA Budget
Denied students College funding if they had minor drug charges, but still funds Convicted Murderers
All while making a Tax Cut, 43% which goes to the 1% richest
Cut 15.7 Million from Programs to fight Child Abuse and Neglect

And that was just by 2002!

But where did that money go?
Money going to Halliburton went up 600%, Federal Contracts by 86%.

That is 337.5 Billion A Year, but...
Overcharging, by mistake or outright fraud -- has been a frequent occurrance. In all, 118 federal contracts worth $745.5 billion that have been found by government officials to include significant waste, fraud, abuse or mismanagement.
Each of the Bush Administration's three signature initiatives, Homeland Security, the Iraq war and reconstruction in Iraq and Hurricane Katrina recovery has been linked to wasteful contract spending.
But the fastest growing contractor under the Bush Administration has been Halliburton. Federal spending on Halliburton contracts shot up an astonishing 600% between 2000 and 2005.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I guess that is why they call it no bid contracts.

The biggest cost is the war in Iraq since US invaded that country all or most of our money is going to support, maintain and keep the war.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Which is your favorite? Mine?

Denied students College funding if they had minor drug charges, but still funds Convicted Murderers

That's right, you are a convicted Serial Murderer, hell you are Osama Bin Laden and killed over 3,000 people you can get College Funding, if you get caught with a Ten Bag of weed, you're on your own. So Bush, with all the drugs you did, you wouldn't have been able to get College Funding.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Yeah, I know what you mean...Bush has turned out to be a big spender, but perhaps that's what you get when you have a unified gov't (I mean both houses of Congress and the Presidency controlled by the same party).

Bush has yet to veto anything out of Congress, although it looks like he might soon (the stem-cell research bill).

I disagree that Clinton would have been any different, for heaven's sake he wanted to start a nationalized health care program, perhaps the most expensive thing we could possibly think of. That handed Congress to the Republicans.

In 2006 perhaps Congress will go back to the Dems because of Bush's spending. About the only thing that may stop that is security concerns, which seem much more likely over the past few days with the mess in the Middle East.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yeah, I doubt it. People are tired of the Fear Mongering. And they are tired of turning on the TV and finding another Republican going to jail for being corrupt every week. And they are tired of spending $3.00 a gallon for something that costs less then a dollar to make.

Now sure foreign oil is expensive... But we have pumps right here in America. The largest in America is in Alaska, is legal to pump from, yet Republicans keep going after ANWR. WHy is that? There are already pumps and facilities, but only on about 20% of the Largest Oil Field in Ameirca. Why don't the Republicans go "Hey, let's stop fighting about ANWR and put more drills and pumps in a place where it is legal!" ????? So, when you hear it is $70 a barrel realize that is from the Middle East, not the oil we pump right here in the USA.

Also, the Pentagon has Admitted to LOSING A TRILLION DOLLARS. I'm sorry but are people going to leave these idiots in office? They lost a Trillion dollars! Not a penny or a dollar, a TRILLION dollars.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spades
Now sure foreign oil is expensive... But we have pumps right here in America. The largest in America is in Alaska, is legal to pump from, yet Republicans keep going after ANWR.

ANWR is in Alaska, it means the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve, so I'm not sure what you mean here....

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Also, the Pentagon has Admitted to LOSING A TRILLION DOLLARS. I'm sorry but are people going to leave these idiots in office? They lost a Trillion dollars! Not a penny or a dollar, a TRILLION dollars.

That is going to black project secret stuff...possibly. Didn't you know we aren't good enough to know where OUR money is going?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The Pentagon spends money on our national defense, I nor almost anyone else would expect it to make money.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
See what happens when you give someone with a compulsive, addictive personality disorder
an unlimited credit card.

His account should be revoked.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

See what happens when you give someone with a compulsive, addictive personality disorder

Last time I checked, the power of the purse is still held by the Congress.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

Last time I checked, the power of the purse is still held by the Congress.

Indeed!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
For those of us accustomed to more reasonable budgetary retraints,

it's like giving someone a home equity line of credit so they can buy crack.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

ANWR is in Alaska, it means the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve, so I'm not sure what you mean here....

No no no, the largest Oil field in Alaska is above the ANWR. ANWR is smaller, and might actuall be connected to this larger oil field, like an underground vein, but not it. The Prudhoe(sp?) Bay is the largest in America and 11 largest in the world. Yet Republicans/Oil Companies REFUSE to drill there and go after ANWR.

See, you didn't even know about the largest oil field in America because the Republicans REFUSE to talk about it.

Anyways, again, I can't log in to my other name because it won't let me! I have not been banned either times and yet in like one week I have had to come up with two new names because I keep getting blocked out and can't send a U2U until I get 20 posts.

top topics

join