It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck are Reptilians all about?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I've seen in other threads talk of Reptilians and shape shifters...what is this all about? People don't take this for real do they????

Are Repitilians supposed to be some alien race or something that look human that are attempting to control the world? Please inform me of what Reptilians are all about.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I also have seen mention of the "Reptilians"

Maybe some of our other members can help shed some light on this.

I am very open to alot of things..but I may have to draw a line at reptilian races secretly trying to dominate the world.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
As far as I know, this all stemmed from the work of David Icke. I'm not sure if anyone else has pushed the theory forward.
I'm not big on the theory myself, I'm starting to believe that Icke is a disinfo agent.
I could be wrong however.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
tinwiki.org...

My personal (not professional) opinion is that all this reptilian stuff is disinfo meant to discredit conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter
As far as I know, this all stemmed from the work of David Icke. I'm not sure if anyone else has pushed the theory forward.
I'm not big on the theory myself, I'm starting to believe that Icke is a disinfo agent.
I could be wrong however.

Icke isn't the original source of the Reptillian idea, he just one of it's most vocal and prominent supporters.

It may well be fruitful to search the forums on the subject - there are many threads dedicated to this very subject, and there is more than one theory/idea suggested regarding their origins, purpose and such.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The reptilian idea is far older than Icke's ideas.
There are two theories that appeal to me.

1) As psychologist C. G. Jung would say, the focus on the reptilian as evil and controlling ans specifically as hidden is all a symbolic transfer of our fear of the 'reptilian' attributes in all of us. As the brain evolves it adds layers to previous ones and the reptilian one is one of the oldest thus symbolising the rather scary more animal attributes in us. These are things like cold blooded murder and apparent cruelty and so on. Further more, to reinfiorce the point, it has recently been shown that the reptilian part of the brain is responsible for our capacity to lie and decieve. All of this is just to say that the snake has become a mythically symbolic feature of a lot of nasty things and we are bound to attribute the term to other nasty things. Sometimes this happens, so the theory goes, with such strength that it becomes 'real'.

2)Reptiles are very very common in mythology and are such a prominent figure that it is to be expected that they are used as a modern myth symbo.

And of course, aliens in government? Why not? Difficult to explain some things without!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Basically, the idea is that many of the people in power in the world today are actually another species, the reptilians. They supposedly have the ability to 'shapeshift' from a reptilian form to a human form, and vice versa, by something that is in their DNA. I think they're supposed to be from another planet and able to live thousands of years, too.

Personally, I think that the theory is totally insane. However, having said that, I still listen to what some of the theory's proponents have to say, notably David Icke, the main proponent of that theory. While many of Icke's answers to questions are rather strange, I maintain that he is asking all of the right questions; I just am skeptical of his answers, particularly when they involve reptilians.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Thanks for all the clarification, and I do agree this is a pretty insane theory! I can't believe there are some that actually believe there are shape-shifting reptilians from an alien race practically invading the planet and assuming positions of power and influence in socieity! Oh my!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
I can't believe there are some that actually believe there are shape-shifting reptilians from an alien race practically invading the planet and assuming positions of power and influence in socieity! Oh my!

A) Some folks have problems believing that humans could be responsible for all of the details that make up human civilization. After all, their own lives are boring and unproductive... so how could humans have created all of the marvels that we credit ourselves?

B) Some people have done a lot of drugs over the years.

C) Some people have found that they can prey on the dumb and gullible to make a buck. See also, Icke.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well Toto I dont think we are in Kansas anymore

original quote by: VelvetSplash
It may well be fruitful to search the forums on the subject - there are many threads dedicated to this very subject, and there is more than one theory/idea suggested regarding their origins, purpose and such.

boy did I de dede(Carlos Mencia) out on that one.

original quote by: Umbrax
My personal (not professional) opinion is that all this reptilian stuff is disinfo meant to discredit conspiracy theorists

You are probably right. I also believe this to be the case with the 757/NO 757- hit the pentagon theory. But this one is alot easier to spot. Reptilians shape shifters? I dont discount the possibility of anything.. but this is stretching it.

new topics

top topics

join