It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are they here? Really, WHY?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have read a copious amount about aliens and their reasons for being here. Unless you don't believe they here at all and many of us do despite there being no proof, you can't deny the quantity of evidence. Most of us on this board believe it in our heart of hearts that they are here or we wouldn't be hanging around here would we?

So assuming they are here, they are either:

A) Benevolent and here to ensure our development goes smoothly and we don't leap into space blazing our new intergalactic laser weapons and photon torpedoes etc We are a nursery/prison planet and are here to better our souls. Our souls are on one of the first levels of evolution and it's all good from here on up.

Or

B) They are not benevolent at all and they are here for bad things.

Now, I am sure we would all be perfectly happy if the reasons were A. We would welcome them and look forward to a future and a next life and all the wonders you could imagine. I have a nagging feeling that this may be wishful thinking.

Now, from what I have read over the last year or two is that if the answer is B. They are most likely here because of one (or more) of the following;

1. We are cattle and they feed on us.
2. They are here to take our planet, to conquer us and wipe us out.
3. They need some sort of mineral or commodity found here.
4. We are an experiment or laboratory and they need DNA.

These four things are the things that pop up time and time again. In my own mind, I can make a logical disconnection with points 1 to 3 but I have trouble with the 4th. So here's my thinking on the first 3...

1. We are cattle and they feed on us.
If higher beings are 'eating' us, why would they let so many of us get old with tough meat. They'd want us all fat and tender surely. 88 year old mrs smith isn't gonna make much of spit roast. Maybe they have uses for second hand colostomy bags, either way, not much of a prospect. If it's meat they are after, wouldn't our lifespan be like 25 years or something?

If they want meat, why wouldn't they just use...well, cattle. Cows and sheep and the like are far less likely to develop weapons. Theres also a lot more meat and a lot less effort involved.

OK OK, so its our souls they are feeding on not the meat. OK, well the first point still applies doesn't it. Why let us get to 50, 60, 70 or more years? Why not take us sooner? The only counter argument I can think of is that the soul maybe is better the more life experience they have. OK, I can buy this, so why don't humans have more children. There are animals on the earth that can literally produce hundreds or thousands of offspring. What do we produce in our three score years and ten....just a paltry 2 (ish). Why would they let countries like China limit the number of children, that can't be good for the alien soul eaters.

Either way, meat or souls, I can't buy this at all. If it's true, I think they've done a really bad job so I can't go with this.

2. They are here to take our planet, to conquer us.
OK, so taking over the planet, obliterating us whatever. Maybe for land, maybe for another reason. Independance Day, War of the Worlds...hmmm. A daunting prospect but personally, I would dismiss this out of hand. The reaon being...why? Why would they do this? What's their hold up, what are they waiting for?

Surely they aren't waiting for us to develop bigger and better weapons....doh! Can you imagine the alien war commander reporting any losses to his boss, he'd get strung up. It would be the worst campaign ever and I hear they aren't that stupid.

So if someone has a good reason why they want to attack us, enlighten me, I'm open to suggestion. Any report or theory that spouts this scare mongering is probably from some doom cult or it's government disinformation. Correct me if Im wrong, Im happy to debate it but this (for me) is the weakest of the reasons.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
3. They need some sort of mineral or commodity found here.
I don't believe there is anything here that cannot be found somewhere else. They (allegedley) have the technology, they could just take it. If this is the reason, WTF is all the abductions, contact, secrecy all about. Nope, doesn't make sense.

Soooooo, that leaves number four.
4. We are an experiment or laboratory and they need DNA.
This is where I need your help. This would kinda make sense. The general thought is that the 'Greys' that we so associate with are biological entities, they are here to work, it's their job to interact with us. Abduction cases would generally support this theory too and there seem to be far more terrified abductees than there are enlightened contactees.

The 'human' aliens don't come into contact with us, they greys do. Perhaps they are 'alien' by design. The Earth is a breeding ground. Cloning seems to be a popular alien activity and you need DNA for that. Perhaps they have advanced, flagging populations, perhaps they are fighing an intergalactic war with other aliens and are creating soldiers from a gene pool of many worlds like Earth.

So, OK, I can think of reasons why this one fits and not many reasons why this is not the reason they are here or indeed, why we are here. It would also explain the whole non disclosure thing.

Read this:
eyepod.org...
I know it's probably fiction but this is all theoretical anyway. and it reinforces what I don't want to think.

I want to believe the benevolent theory and not this one so I need your help to pull this to pieces. Tell me why this is not the reason they are here.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Off topic, but, You have way to much free time on your hands my friend, Let me pose a question to you!

Why would they come all that way to do the things youve listed above?

I dont think you know how vast our universe really is! An advanced alien civilization, wouldnt waste its time with the things listed above....

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
We will never know for sure until we have some sort of solid foundation on the ET phenomenon. For now all we really have is random anonymous online message board posters who type out their fantastical claims for us to blindly believe...

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
There seems to be a lot of sightings involving nuclear weapons facilities. 1947 Roswell and the 1956 and 1980 Bentwaters/Rendlesham events all involved military bases that held nuclear bombs or missiles. There are a lot more as well, but it seems big events happen at nuclear weapons areas.

I'd say it fairly safe to conclude at least one reason for ET visitation is defense. Being fearful of a rapidly advancing group of beings that jumped from warlike agrarian to warlike space faring in less than two centuries of technological achievement sounds reasonable to me. They may prefer humanity stay on their own soil rather than bringing nuclear armament and dreams of conquest to space and possibly planets were ETs live.

If ETs are coming here secretively then there clearly is aggression on the part of our governments in maintaining absolute secrecy on the subject. You can't hide something this big by begging and pleading for people to keep their mouths shut. Only violence or threats of violence would work. A secret war of sorts is already taking place, IMO. This too probably gives ETs all the more reason to be fearful of earthlings from making any jump from regional solar system space flights to other star systems.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by Frith]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies, esp frith who actually contributed something.

Panzerdiv: I believe I have a better concept than most as to how big this place is.

Why would they come all that way to do the things youve listed above? An advanced alien civilization, wouldnt waste its time with the things listed above....

So why then? Don't you have any other ideas? Do you have anything to offer? Do share, I really wanna know!

Frith: What you say makes sense and I'd happily go along with it but then how long would you suppose they have been here? Do you give any credit to the popular notions that they have always been here? that they may have created us or seeded us here?

I think this theory would only hold if they haven't been here long and Darwin was right. The reason being that they are supposedley in control of our advancement and the speed of it, therefore, nothing to fear.

I can't believe that a community of both believers, wannabe believers and debunkers isn't interested in the motives behind them being here and what's going on.

The disinfo campaign would have you ready for war upon disclosure, if it happened tomorrow, are you ready to fight? or do you know/think better than that?

Surely, if you believe or want to believe that they are indeed here, wouldn't the next question be, Why are they here and what do they want?

If you are happy being a lab rat or cattle, so be it.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Personaly I dont really buy into many of those ideas, I can sort of understand them cloning us for soldiers in some war but I dont see why they would choose humans, we're far from perfect. My personal favourate reason for them being here would be for them to watch us as Reality TV, the whole abduction thing is just to stir us up

Edit: I can't remember where I heared that idea, I know I didn't come up with it though

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Stakkit]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
Frith: What you say makes sense and I'd happily go along with it but then how long would you suppose they have been here? Do you give any credit to the popular notions that they have always been here? that they may have created us or seeded us here?

I think I've read the gamut of theories regarding this subject, but I usually stick to theories that seem to have the most evidence as to their veracity. The reasons for their visits could be quite simple as I originally posted.

Humans having genetically engineered ET origins isn't out of the range of my speculation. I've read a lot of convincing information to that effect.

The "zoo" hypothesis is the other notion I find fairly convincing as I think you seem to think that as well. Though given ET visitation's influence I do not think we live in some kind of galactic zoo rather than a galactic nursery where ETs watch and perhaps nurture aspects of our existence towards whatever goals they have. Disarmament of nuclear weapons being one of those goals.

I am of the opinion that the universe is very old and that in other parts of this universe intelligent life has had more time to develop. The ETs that come to this planet aren't recent explorers. More likely aged travellers whom are thousands, millions, or billions of years ahead of where we are.

I think this theory would only hold if they haven't been here long and Darwin was right. The reason being that they are supposedley in control of our advancement and the speed of it, therefore, nothing to fear.

Yes. You think along the same lines as I do, but I do not consider ET secrecy something benign. Subversion could play a large role in their activities.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Frith]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
for starters theirs no such thing as a soul and if we ever found other forms of life on other planets it would disprove religious crap like souls,hell and god and i reckon theyve been visiting us for thousands of years and that most of the old gods of nearly all earth cultures are early extraterrestial encounters just my opinion

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The disclosure project site states somewhere 'you have no idea how many people we have abducted in order to instill fear into the people of aliens' or something along those lines. This is to make people accept their space weapons plan in the future.
Just another possibility you may like to think about.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PanzerDiv
Why would they come all that way to do the things youve listed above?

I dont think you know how vast our universe really is! An advanced alien civilization, wouldnt waste its time with the things listed above....

Why not, if mankind was to explore space in the future and find another alien race as primitive as we were, I think some humans will not pass up the chance to study them or tingle with them for our own human interest or advantage.

Think aout it. For some people distance is not the problem, they will happy go to the ends of the Earth, Solar System, Galaxy, Universe for a chance to study these unusal creatures, even spending a long time on the trip may not be seen as a great problem to them.

Just ask some scientist who are oppssesive enough to spent their entire life studing these new creatures, or some governments who will go to any lenghts to investigate any portential gains/weapons/beneifits/genetic material, or companies. etc. etc. etc.

-----------------------------------------

frith:

Good post I tend to see things that way as well, although I suspect that our past may also hold a lot of answers as well.

Human beings evolution seem to be tingled with by some advanced alien races in the past for some unknown reason.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stakkit
Personaly I dont really buy into many of those ideas, I can sort of understand them cloning us for soldiers in some war but I dont see why they would choose humans, we're far from perfect. My personal favourate reason for them being here would be for them to watch us as Reality TV, the whole abduction thing is just to stir us up

Edit: I can't remember where I heared that idea, I know I didn't come up with it though

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Stakkit]

Its in one of the current John Lear threads regarding souls. He jokes that it is an X rated show - Come look at these primitive humans, raping, pillaging and blowing each other up. X-Rates, must be over 5 to view.

Originally posted by mr cryptoman

for starters theirs no such thing as a soul and if we ever found other forms of life on other planets it would disprove religious crap like souls,hell and god and i reckon theyve been visiting us for thousands of years and that most of the old gods of nearly all earth cultures are early extraterrestial encounters just my opinion

No soul! OK, I can see that as a possibility but how do you draw that conclusion?

In terms of disproving religious crap, I can't see how a theory cannot be possible because it disproves another.

Thanks for the opinion though but I'll move on.

Originally posted by T0by

The disclosure project site states somewhere 'you have no idea how many people we have abducted in order to instill fear into the people of aliens' or something along those lines. This is to make people accept their space weapons plan in the future.
Just another possibility you may like to think about.

By 'we' do you mean humans? Like the FBI and CIA carrying out the abductions to build fear. If so, yes ok, this is plausible but what is this space weapons plan you speak of? What is it? What is it's purpose? Why? What do they know?

ixiy - Yes agreed, I just think there's got to be more to it than that. I don't buy the fact that the Governements are afraid because they don't understand, they must know something more.

Dae

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Either way, meat or souls, I can't buy this at all. If it's true, I think they've done a really bad job so I can't go with this.

Now Ive read another theory, it isnt meat or souls but negative emotional energy. With that in mind it makes more sense. Ive known about this theory for a couple of years and my brain has yet to offer a logical hole in that one, it makes too much sense. One of the biggest meme loaders out there is WE are on top of the food chain and like most prevailing memes, if you turn it the other way round it may be true. Another big meme is suicide. Too much negative emotions may force people to end it all, so what better than a meme that says "Dont do it! A special place of damnation for you if you do!".

To be honest, this theory has a means of escape whereas the others do not. I like it because you cant go too wrong, what better thing to do but fight against the negativity instead of accepting it.

Another meme to look at, "It always gets worse before it gets better". Eastern philosophy has noted that when one tries to become the master of your thoughts or align ones mind with 'good' (positive), 'outside' forces (or Kal) try their best to turn you back, if you hold true it will eventually leave you be, if you fall back it will also reward you with a lessoning of the pressure. Sounds to me like its a last ditch effort to keep food on the plate!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
So what are saying here Dae?

That ET introduces this meme regarding suicide to stop us doing it, they can't feed on the soul if it is from suicide? Does ET simply want to feed on negative energy? a by product of human existence and our lives aren't otherwise affected?

I don't think I understand you correctly, can you explain it in the context of the thread? What interest does ET have with negative energy and how would this affect us mortals?

Dae

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   

a by product of human existence and our lives aren't otherwise affected?

Im saying, maybe its not souls or meat that they eat but some other 'thing' such as negative energy. So depressed people are better than happy people as food sources. Suicide would be a cut off from that supply, hence suicide is bad.

The theory also included that yes, manipulation (subtle or not) does occur to reap the best neg energy possible. This has intrigued me for some time. Quite a few people I know have had bad relationships and one thing that seems prevalent is the coincidence theme that brought them together. Remember the book, Celestine Prophecy? It promoted the idea that to follow coincidences is to follow your destiny, made everyone feel good for about 6 months. After hearing peoples stories it would appear that following coincidences brought nothing but trouble. Perhaps we should be following intuition instead!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
How much realistic evidence can you gather that suggests that these beings have greatly harmed anyone?

I personally havent found any evidence to suggest that they have killed or greatly injured someone for the sake of it. The only alleged killing I have heard about envolving the beings is the 44 soldiers that were found dead after being warned to leave an area but refused. And even that was supposed to be an experiment, And the soldiers were warned.

Your theorys, In my view, Are a little out there and I dont think any of the negatives are realistic enough, They just seems like Sci Fi to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The main thing I'm curious about is what makes us think we can rationalize their actions based on what humans have done? The four original points are essentially modernized facets of exploitations our great race has performed over our short millenia on this planet. Even splitting it into just "they're good and want to help" or "they're bad and want to hurt" could be drastically over simplifying the topic.

What if they just flat out don't care about us? What if Earth is little more than a galactic rest stop on the way to where the real party is at? What makes us so arrogant to think they must be here to give us great knowledge, or to invade and destroy our way of life? Even rationalizing it in human terms, there's been plenty of times where a ship would be bound across the ocean and would stop off at a port or an island for a breather; while they're anchored, the crew goes off and tells wonderful tales, or rapes and murders local townsfolks, or whatever. The crew didn't really care about the city, they just wanted to get off the sea for a bit.

Even assuming they do have Earth as a destination and not a stopping point, who's to say that the humans on this planet are the real reason they're here? Hell, maybe they're here to save termites from the threat of the Orkin man, and we just get in the way. Is it possible that, even though we're the top of the food chain here on Earth, we aren't exactly as important as we like to think we are? Maybe the reports of sightings and abductions pale in comparison to the number of experiments carried out on plant and wild life in the Amazon or the Outback, or other areas where humans are relatively few and far between.

I'm sure it sounds overly cynical, but if I traveled many light years, it definitely wouldn't be to have anything to do with a species that kills and hurts itself for fun and profit. Wouldn't even be worth killing off--we'll do that ourselves before too long, I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CTFL
How much realistic evidence can you gather that suggests that these beings have greatly harmed anyone?

Not a great deal, which makes the conundrum somewhat more perplexing than if this evidence was was more evident, so to speak.

I personally havent found any evidence to suggest that they have killed or greatly injured someone for the sake of it. The only alleged killing I have heard about envolving the beings is the 44 soldiers that were found dead after being warned to leave an area but refused. And even that was supposed to be an experiment, And the soldiers were warned.

A good point, thanks for the input.

Your theorys, In my view, Are a little out there and I dont think any of the negatives are realistic enough, They just seems like Sci Fi to me.

So what do you think they are here for then? and why?

If not, thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
McCory1 - All good points I appreciate you sharing. It could be said that whatever we do and think regarding this subject is flawed by the very nature that we DO think of it in human terms.

Unfortunately, being human limits us to those thought processes and for anyone that has an interest in anything, they will attempt to theorise, however close or far away from the mark we are.

This whole subject assumes that the culmination of all of that is said and written holds some truths somewhere. Whether it is the contactees or government disinformation, someone, somewhere has got it right IMO.

I'm just trying to see through the fog and I'm doing it because I believe they are here, I believe disclosure will happen at some point but when it does, no one will have thought through what it actually means when it happens.

It would also seem, thus far, that even those that believe, care little about their motives. I'm quite amazed by that, perhaps I'm in a minority that thinks it matters. That's OK too.

[edit on 17/7/06 by Prote]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

This whole subject assumes that the culmination of all of that is said and written holds some truths somewhere. Whether it is the contactees or government disinformation, someone, somewhere has got it right IMO.

I agree completely that "the truth is out there" as someone once said. However, the interpretation of it is what I'm calling into question, and you're right: we only can look at it in terms of what we've known. Going beyond that leads us into theories that even the most fantastic sci-fi writer would shun.

The main reason I question your original ideas is that--with all due respect--they were quite unoriginal. Even breaking it up into the good vs. evil aspects was almost a paraphrase from the movie Signs, when the boy is explaining the possibilities to Mel Gibson as he reads from his book. The four malevolent possibilities you list are plot motifs for any number of alien invasion stories and movies.

I made my above post not to deride your efforts, but to (hopefully) give you a foundation to look at it from a different angel--even if it still is a terrestrial angle, at least it doesn't have to be centered in Hollywood.

I'm just trying to see through the fog and I'm doing it because I believe they are here, I believe disclosure will happen at some point but when it does, no one will have thought through what it actually means when it happens.

Actually, some have thought it out, as far back as 1960: Brookings Report. This was a NASA funded study to determine what effects ET contact would have on the general population.

It would also seem, thus far, that even those that believe, care little about their motives. I'm quite amazed by that, perhaps I'm in a minority that thinks it matters. That's OK too.

Again, hoping this doesn't sound too cynical, but what purpose would understanding an ET's motives matter? If they're going to attack, they'll attack, and there isn't much we can do about it. We have no idea of what their capabilities are, no way of determining appropriate defenses, no way of knowing what methods of offense would be appropriate against them. The reasons behind an attack would be irrelevant--I certainly would rest in any greater peace knowing they invaded because they were hungry as opposed to boredom. If they're going to join us in some type of galactic peace festival, then great, but there's no way of determining that by any actions that we've seen to this point--maybe an anal probe and a cattle mutilation is their way of introducing each other; who are we to say differently?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join