It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Developing Crisis in Israel and the Middle East

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
ThePleman
Where do you get your information Al Jazeera??? I have looked into your claim of nuclear retaliation by Israel and could find nothing. Is that another conspiracy theory? The only fact that you gave was that Isreal got hit by SCUD missiles, because of some madman. Why shouldnt we give Israel a patriot defense system. What do you have against Israel protecting itself. By no means do i think Israel is completly innocent, I can admit that. But in this circumstance I believe that they are in the right. Why should the world bind Israel in how they deal with terrorists. And as for as the Humane Watchlist, I believe that they had also posted reports about how horrible US prisons are. Face the facts most of the prisoners in those Israelis jails arn't there for a speeding ticket. Unless that is they were speeding on the way to bus stop or cafe when it was packed with explosives.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nickmyers32USA
denied that the holocaust ever occured?

Here we go
, i knew sooner or later this would be brought up.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hellum3
What is your point? Is it not true? Did Iran's leadership not say that in a public address? Is it not a point that can be brought up to prove the mentality of the Iranian leadership and the views that they have toward Israel. Is this not a disgusting statement that the world should be concerned about. This is the mentality of a country that wants to gain nuclear weapons and has rejected the world and UN demands. Why should we let people like this blackmail the world and spread hate with this garbage. It is no secret that Iran wants Israel destroyed.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   

What do you have against Israel protecting itself.

Nothing,

but whats wrong with Iran protecting itself ?

I forgot Israel should be the only middle east nation to have weapons,

stop being a hypocrite and pull your head out of the sand nickmyers32USA !!!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
On the same note what is wrong with Israel protecting itself????
And is Iran attempting to protect itself or blackmail a region or even the world?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

On the same note what is wrong with Israel protecting itself????
And is Iran attempting to protect itself or blackmail a region or even the world?

Maybe Israel should take some lessons from India. She just had a big hit. Did she go in guns blazing into Pakistan and start killing people? No! Did India blockade Pakistans ports? No! No! No! Only animals do this. People looking to save 2 captured soldiers don't go around killing people while they are looking.

I commend India for her reactions in a time of tribulation. She sets an example of true diplomacy in a time of crisis. She will lawfully bring the guilty to justice without punishing the innocent.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Hellum3
What is your point?

I have nothing against Iran you see cause its NOT IRAN KEEPING 2000+ Australians hostage in lebanon by destroying vital infrastructure, so the Ozzie's cannot get home. Let me guess those Ozzie's are Hezbollah agents

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

ThePleman
Where do you get your information Al Jazeera??? I have looked into your claim of nuclear retaliation by Israel and could find nothing. Is that another conspiracy theory?

What have I said that you think is a conspiracy theory?

ISRAEL: "Counterproductive Threats"

Defense analyst Zeev Schiff opined in independent Haaretz (2/4): "Too
many senior Israeli officials have taken to issuing threatening
statements vis-a-vis Iraq and Iran.... Off-the-cuff Israeli nuclear
threats have become a problem, even before the onset of the Iraqi
crisis.... Washington may decide it wants to distance itself from
Israel in order to avoid being accused of having conspired with us on
an action we planned exclusively by ourselves."

Source

In a 15 January 1991 interview with ABC's Chris Wallace, General Avihu Ben-Nun, Commander of the Israeli Air Force, included the following exchange:

Ben-Nun: "Would they really decide to send a non-conventional missile on the population of Israel? My own opinion is that that's very unlikely."

Wallace: "Because?"

Ben-Nun: "Even if Saddam Hussein is crazy, he's still not going to commit suicide."

Wallace: "And would it be suicide if he were to use chemical weapons against Israel?"

Ben-Nun: "He should think that he's going to commit suicide, I believe."

Wallace: "There has been talk that if he uses chemical weapons he might face nuclear counter-response."

Ben-Nun: "Maybe."

Wallace: "Maybe?"

Ben-Nun: "Maybe that's what he should think about."(10)

www.fas.org...

[edit on 17-7-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

I commend India for her reactions in a time of tribulation. She sets an example of true diplomacy in a time of crisis. She will lawfully bring the guilty to justice without punishing the innocent.

Its true this is how you go about TRUE diplomacy in a human fashion, BUT then again Israel in its delusional mind thinks there above the law like Steven Seag......opps in mean

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
And there are over 25000 Americans in Lebanon, I suspect that the Australian military is developing a plan to evacuate your citizens. And I truly hope that everyone caught up in this is safe and God be with them.
What is Israel supposed to do while it is looking for its kidnapped soldiers, go knock on every Hezbollah's door and ask them if they have seen any wayward Israeli soldiers around? Come on now be serious, stop making excuses for terrorists and the activities that they conduct. Hezbollah wants to negotiate and there is no negotiating with murderous terrorists. That is caused apeasment. Then you run into the problem of...If you give a mouse a cookie. That has already happened last time when an Israeli businessman was kidnapped and Israel released over 400 prisoners from its jailos for his return. hyou see what happens when you apease terrorists.
If Hezbollah wanted to strike up a dialogue with Israel they would do it,m but they don't want diplomacy they want violence and " open war."
Nothing would make me happier than negotians to take place in this situation, but you need someone you can negotiate with on the Arab side. We need to look at this in a realistc light.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

What is Israel supposed to do while it is looking for its kidnapped soldiers, go knock on every Hezbollah's door and ask them if they have seen any wayward Israeli soldiers around? .

Its wierd how Mossad can be in so many other places like Iran reporting on their Nuke aspirations, or routing out Nazi War Criminals from decades past or they can kidnap a dude that ratted them out for their illegal nuke program from Italy, but they can't send in their spies to find where a hostage is and go in and get him. So convenient. The great Mossad and Shin Beit are absolutely confounded and don't know where the Shalit is or these 2 prisoners in lebanon are so they just bomb the hell out of everything. If they find them in pieces they will say the arabs blew him up and sweep the pieces of the bomb that say "Made in Israel" under the carpet and blame it on Iran.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

What is Israel supposed to do

Not kill poor seven innocent Canadians, once again i guess these where Hezbollah militants ?

Link

By David Ljunggren
OTTAWA, July 16 (Reuters) - Seven Canadians from the same Montreal family, including four young children, were killed in Lebanon on Sunday when Israeli aircraft bombed a house in the south of the country, the Canadian Broadcasting Corp said.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by helium3]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The thing that I can't understand is the lame excuse that Israel used when it started bombing civilian infrastructures of Lebannon.

They said they were stopping Hezbollah from smuggling the soldiers out of the country.

What a load of BS.

Why?

Because an Australian family managed to get out of Lebanon before they bombed these facilities.

Now if one Australian family can get out of the country, don't you think that Hezbollah could have easily smuggled out the soldiers? Pretty easy answer that one.

How I look at it is that Israel are full of BS.

They have an Agenda that definitely 'aint "we want to save the soldiers".

I remain firm in my belief that someone needs to spend 10 cents on a piece of lead and direct it at the neurons that fired that resulted in the decision to bomb the civilian infrastructures of Lebannon.

The intelligence of a man is NOT determined as to how much destruction/civilian deaths he can cause. Anyone with half a brain can do that. The intelligence of a man is determined by the use of his BRAIN.

Bush hasn't got one and neither has the deeckhead in Isreal.

Cheers

JS

[edit on 17-7-2006 by jumpspace]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3

What is Israel supposed to do

Not kill poor seven innocent Canadians,

Exactly. Helium.

Now what if Canada decided to go to war with Israel over the loss of it,s civvies? You,re really not getting the point of tact and restraint Nicky

Escalation of violence will only go to recruit more support from the extremists..Or maybe that is the whole agenda..

To generate a reason to attack all the Arab states and finally and drastically put an end to these ''Heathens'' with their non-democratic views and their ''barbaric'' warlike practices..

How odd that civilisation as we know it began in Persia

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Agent T
You are right we should all just sit back and let terrorism go unchecked. Thats the cowardly thing to do isn't it ? Civilian deaths would be minimized if Hezbollah didn't operate out of civilian areas. Who is that that is lobbing hundreds of rockets into Israeli cities again. But I guess that is okay. Its sad when we don't put the blame where it truly belongs, but fool ourselves into believing Al Jazeera rhetoric.
You need to wake up get out from behind your computer and see how the Middle East really operates.
Lets force israel to halt its campaign and let Hezbollah dig in and move some more rockets into place that will claim innocent Israeli life. Or doesnt Israeli life mean anything to you? What is so wrong with Israel disarming Hezbollah? Even the Lebanesse government wants Hezbollah out of the southern part of its country. How many Lebanesse lives would be lost if the Lebanesse military went in and tried to disarm Hezbollah themselves. Israel gave Hezbollah the choice to return the kidnapped soldiers and disarm. They repeatedly said they do not want that but they would rather have " open war."
I see that you quickly turn a blind eye to the facts.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Glad to see you still don,t understand

Check my location for a start.
I have spent almost seven years continuously in the Middle east.Including Israel AND Lebanon...

Actually learning something about the PEOPLE involved. Not the Politicians comfortable in their bunkers and offices

so NYAH NYAH NYAH NEH NEH NEH

I,m not suggesting that Isral ''sits back'' and does nothing..
I,m suggesting it,s uses it,s much highly acclaimed intelligence agency to root out the real perpetrators..
Not just attack civillians willy nilly in the hope they,ll hit one or two terrorists..

Isn,t that what they are accusing Hezbollah of doing?
You forget ''maybe purposely'' that Hezbollah...with it,s inferior'' weapons is having a higher military personnel to civillian strike rate..

Are they that much better than the IDF??

What if we,d decided to follow those tactics against the IRA??Blowing up dublin.blockading ports,bombing kids busses and such..
After all.. That,s what they were doing to us and by way of your thinking that gave us a perfect right

I wonder how much extra support they would have gotten from Mc,Donalds then

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Agent T
Isn't hitting innecent civilians busses, school zones, cafes, discos the name of Hezbollah's and Hama's game. I too have spent excessive time in the Middle East and have great respect for its people and cultures. I don't however have any respect for pathetic terrorists.
Can you living in Dubai personally think that a nucular armed Israel is beneficial to the region? I would hope not!
Look I have seen firsthand the horrific scenes of war. But sometimes the cost of inaction is greater than the cost of action in the long run.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Civilian deaths would be minimized if Hezbollah didn't operate out of civilian areas.

Thats like me saying Israeli deaths would be minimized if Israeli civilians did not live near where the Hezbollah rockets land or its the Israeli soldier fault for being kidnapped cause he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. BUT you know thats RIDICULOUS so its obvious you have DOUBLE STANDARDS.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Hellum3
The difference is Hezbollah puts armaments in civilian areas on purpose, so that there is an outcry from people like you when an innocent civilian dies. You should know that by now,Hezbollah is fueled by propaganda which obviously you fall for. Do some research, Hezbollah has openly come out and admited to using this as a tactic in its attempted campaign to destroy Israel.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Agent T
1)Isn't hitting innecent civilians busses, school zones, cafes, discos the name of Hezbollah's and Hama's game.

2)I too have spent excessive time in the Middle East and have great respect for its people and cultures.

3)I don't however have any respect for pathetic terrorists.

4)Can you living in Dubai personally think that a nucular armed Israel is beneficial to the region? I would hope not!

1) Yes it is... but it is still either a terrorist act of an act of war..If it,s war so be it. then every target is considered valid,But the Israeli ARMY is using what is currently terrorist tactics since no war has been declared on lebanon

2) I,m glad.but also concerned that you do not seem to value the loss of Lebanese civillians horrific when they are playing no active or an unwilling parts in Hezbollah,s cowardly strategy.

3)Me neither.They deserve to die a slow lingering painful death

4) I,m gonna assume you meant Iran here..I have no objection whatsoever to ANY country trying to get away from fossil fuel as a power source...
UNfortunately...the Iranian leader is not doing himself any favours with his blatant anti-semetic rhetoric
Therefore trust cannot be attained that he will only continue his research for peaceful purposes

One thing you please HAVE to understand that Hezbollah is not supported by the Lebanese people..
Lebanon has been trying to shake off this evil group for so long now..

Maybe the best way to have dealt with it would have been to ask for international aid long long ago..
They were just making some serious progress in denying Syrian power until this new outbreak

Now their economy is damaged beyond repair and so is their ability to fight off Hezbollah now taken away

One of my friends in Jounieh has had his 20yr struggle to maintain his business and family completely destroyed as tourism will now be non existent

I can give you one analogy i hope will help

A large armed burglar breaks into your home,holds your family hostage and begins firing at the swat team outside injuring and killing some police..

What would you hope they do??
Negotiotate/compromise/deal peacefully to save your family

OR just send in a grenade through the window destroying your house and family in the process because they,re too impatient and annoyed over the loss of their own..?

I know what I would hope for

[edit on 17-7-2006 by AGENT_T]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join