It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Strike, Counter-Strike, and Last Strike

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
With nuclear weapons, the Great USA would do best with Counter-Strike and Last Strike with regards to North Korea, Russia, and China. Assuming the conditions, the Great USA would do the best-for-the-world with that policy.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The "Great" US would to best for the world, by staying out of other nations' business, and mind its own business. The "Great" US has far too many problems with its own democracy, to go around correcting and installing democracy for other people. The "Great" US is quickly losing its Greatness, by abusing its status as the world's only hyperpower.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Bud, I think you need to re-word the title and main content of the post. The US remains the only country that has an advanced, well-maintained assortment of the big-three bomber, ICBM, and sub-based nuclear capabilities (remember, the USSR was once kinda sorta close in some ways... at least we thought so at the time) NK is having problems "getting it up"... We have no real problems with the Russians or the Chinese atm, if that's what you mean... But of the three, please!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
AlphaHumana, since Russia has a comparable number of nuclear weapons as the USA, there is not a significant risk factor? Only by eliminating these hideous monsters can we completely prevent mass death in an extremely brief amount of time.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Why should the US attack China, Russia, and North Korea? I really don't understand your reason of posting.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
RetinoidReceptor, no reason at all!!! Technologically, nuclear weapons are the extreme antonym for peace!!! Peace for all!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHumana
Bud, I think you need to re-word the title and main content of the post. The US remains the only country that has an advanced, well-maintained assortment of the big-three bomber,

The USSR ( also called the Russian federation) still operates a rather large fleet of strategic bombers that are not only generally superior to those of the US but also operated in larger numbers.

ICBM, and sub-based nuclear capabilities (remember, the USSR was once kinda sorta close in some ways...

Russia still operates a more deadly ICBM and SLBM's force than does the USA and that does not begin to cover their massive ICBM defenses that gives them the advantage by a very wide margin.

at least we thought so at the time) NK is having problems "getting it up"... We have no real problems with the Russians or the Chinese atm, if that's what you mean... But of the three, please!

The danger is still Russia and the decline of America speaks volumes about who really won the cold war.

Stellar

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The danger is still Russia and the decline of America speaks volumes about who really won the cold war.

Stellar

Ummmm, no...

Russia is declined. You can say the US is declining, but it still is the one who has the most influence beyond any country. Look at the UNSC, World Bank, World Trade Organization, The Internet, US corporations, etc. If the US declines, it will have to be replaced. And China and Russia is not up to the task anytime soon.

I know people are hoping for the West/US to be destroyed and totally declined, but don't let your hopes mix with the facts.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I TOO FEEL THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY nukes oops sorry for the caps , but there are so. and there is no solution except the end and me thinks it is near he he he he he eh

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
For all members, is first-strike ever a legitimate policy? Or is my policy of only counter-strike and last-strike a legitimate policy? Or is there ever a legitimate policy for no counter-strike or last-strike even when struck upon first?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
While I dont believe russia won the cold war.. I think.. that there demise happened in a time period where, they still have the opportunity to correct there course, and return later as a more frightening and powerful character....

1980's?.. that was 20+ years ago...
20+ yearsto focus on rebuilding your economy, focusing on your VAST oil reserves and slowly building an infrastrucutre....
Its now 2006 and russia just hosted the g8 summit..

With russia's formiddable size in georgraphy... there vast oil reserves..and there political influence they have sat in the corner slowly building themselves up..

The USA is now in a great downfall...
so much so that when it is over.. there wont be anything left for them to REBUILD upon..

America might hold the economic and miltiary TRUMP card...
but there military is dwindling in the middle east.. leaving only a vast arsenal of world ending nukes...
There economy is buckling... pushing the rest of the world to abandon them...

In the end, America is going to be left with a very flawed economy, a arsenal of nukes.. a whole country of depressed, poor and angry citizens.. and a bee hive of angry fundamentalists around the world..
Russia will be left with an improving economy.. there military intact.. there hand full of nukes.. and a citizen base that is slowly building confidence and happieness..

America is the big bully on the block and still in charge.. but the young kid in the corner learning martial arts, letting his enemy build more and more enemies is slowly going to emerge the winner.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
America is the big bully on the block and still in charge.. but the young kid in the corner learning martial arts, letting his enemy build more and more enemies is slowly going to emerge the winner.

Yes let's not forget all the other countries that are big bullies (like Russia mwahaha).

You wish the US will fall

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Agit8dChop, whatever happened to the concept of loving the country you were born in and secondarily loving every other country? Are you an American born in America or Russia, or a Russian born in America or Russia? Why has America treated you so wrongly?

Whatever happened to love and peace throughout the world?

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
retinoid, your tyipcal thinking was expected.

you failed to see the concept of what i was saying..
and that is the US MAY be the big kid NOW..

but this war... there economy, the coming crisis is going to sap that awesome GDP you speak off...

with all that stupidly huge GDP...

Your government is still UNABLE to provied decent aid to katrina victims..
your military is majorly udner budget...

yet your corporations rack in billion dollar profits..
your oil magnats make enormouse sums of money.. of the hard work and sweat of your citizens..

The American way of life is stressing at every aspect.. and just because youve got the fattest wallet now.. doesnt mean when these stresses SNAP... that your going to be number 1.

With that MAJOR GDP you'd think you wuold of been able to reserach and create alternative means of fuel... ways to cut emissions and enable industry to continue...
instead.. you sent your military over sea's.. under manned, under funded.
you didnt secure your own borders... and youfailed to meet the needs of your citizens..

all true signs of a country in decline.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Agit8dChop, if Equivalent in Quality Alternative Means of Fuel were developed in the USA and Russia, who would have the most influence in the world. The USA is open to all ideas that BENEFIT THE WHOLE WORLD!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

all true signs of a country in decline.

I can point out faults in every single country. It doesn't mean they will crash. I hear a lot of foreigners who speak out against the US on here about being the evil of evil, and then they hope, oops I mean say...that the US will decline and crash, and their countries are A-ok. I heard people say the US would die for a long long long time. And it hasn't happened yet.

But if you would like to think Russia will overtake the US, then that is your perrogative.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Fair enough..
but every single country dont have the ability, the means and the money to fix majority of the problems on this planet.

If it wasnt for greed, and power.. America would be a very different country.

Its greed and power that ended up having GW incharge.
and look where he's lead your country.

I dont wish for any country to crash, nor do I WANT the ruskies to be number one, along side china.

America is a beacon for humanity.. but as of late.. they seemed to of dimmed that beacon... to ensure more money, and more oil keeps flowing.

Being such a dependant country on oil RR.. what happens when you p155 off enough countries who supply the oil?

you had a chance to find new ways to power your economy.. but the rich men decided they would prefer to sap as much money from the american system as possible.. before there days were out.

they sacrificed your ability to find a new means..
and that my friend.. started the demise of the american superpower.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Agit8dChop, if Equivalent in Quality Alternative Means of Fuel were developed in the USA and Russia, who would have the most influence in the world. The USA is open to all ideas that BENEFIT THE WHOLE WORLD!!!

Beeerrrrr... wrong..

They still fail to achnoledge the damage industry and oil has on the planet.
You still have cigerett companies influencing governments with fat sacks of money to ensure they dont get shut down.
Your still lacking in research just so you can drill that new oil well.
your criticising a country for there bounds and leaps in reserach..

seems to me america doesnt want anyone figuring out something they havent..

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Fair enough..
but every single country dont have the ability, the means and the money to fix majority of the problems on this planet.

You are right, America could do a lot. And so could Western Europe. And so could Australia. And Canada. Yet they follow the lead of the US. So please stop the bs on how only America is in the wrong.

posted on Sep, 26 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I never said it was ONLY AMERICA who's doing wrong.
and your right, various other countries FOLLOW america..
not because of sheer power, but mostly becuase of trade.. aid.. and incentives.

Australia follwed america into IRAQ based on the free trade agreement.

butttt... america jipped us in the 11th hour on that one.

If America took a lead.. and decided all profits of oil, and global corporate industry for aperiod of 12 months was soley put into research for removing the dependancy on oil... i bet ya the world would follow suit..and bend costs and payments in return for relief to ensure the research could continue.

IF america is the world super power.. they should act like nobel leaders and sacrifice some of there money ( derived from greed ) and focus on the problems that will plauge our time on this planet.

The world will follow suit, and the world will again praise america for giving, for the sake of humanity.

Instead.. they do they exact opposite.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join