It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Israel will go into Syria?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Because it will escalate the whole situation.
Basically bringing in Iran, no?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Also, why would it be stupid for isreal to invade syria?

They'd wipe the floor with them.

your right i mean Syria hasnt got any air deffences or any sort of Surface to land missiles which could strike israel nor any sort of armed forces that could fight israel.

i mean com on they must be easier to fight then kids with stones and miltia with home made rockets and so on.

to syria watch out Israels ganna kick your ass you wont be able to fight back or your a terrorist

sorry couldnt resist

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

iran have a defence ties with iran meaning they will join in if they were attacked.
this way both can cover each others back

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Israel will be a lot more cautious about attacking Syria over the Hezbollah like it did in 2001. The reason being is not because of an increase in the Syrian millitary but because Syria has a lot more support from Iran than ever has before. I really don't know if Israel wants to call Irans bluff on this one, Iran may just be looking for an excuse to jump in this at this point.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Posted by bodrul

iran have a defence ties with iran meaning they will join in if they were attacked.

Iran and Israel.?
I know that, that's my point.
At the moment, it a proxy war, within Lebanon, nothing more.
My question is will this spread to Syria and if it does, what are the implications?

Mis-spelt country, quiet important

[edit on 14-7-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   

to syria watch out Israels ganna kick your ass you wont be able to fight back or your a terrorist

sorry couldnt resist

Syria and Iran ARE INDEED Islamic fanatic militant supporters. They are involved in terrorism. Israel does not support Jewish terrorists going into Iran and Syria and starting things with them. Nor does Israel say they will wipe Iran off the map (which Israel actually CAN). So yes, I would like to see Israel bomb the hell out of Iran and make the only defense the Iranian president can turn to is praying to Allah.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Let me just clear this up. Israel WILL NOT attack Syria at this point. The U.S. will just not allow it this time around.

As I said if Syria claims Israel attacked them it is a lie. If Syria jumps in this so will Iran, Iran is most likely looking for an excuse to get in this because it wants war with the U.S. as does China, NK, and Russia.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
Let me just clear this up. Israel WILL NOT attack Syria at this point. The U.S. will just not allow it this time around.

As I said if Syria claims Israel attacked them it is a lie. If Syria jumps in this so will Iran, Iran is most likely looking for an excuse to get in this because it wants war with the U.S. as does China, NK, and Russia.

You don't seem to understand, Iran will not bring the US into anything. Israel can in fact defeat both Iran and Syria. And no, China and Russia do not want war with the US right now. At this point in time, their economies are not strong enough (meaning China's economy will crash if the US stopped doing business with them because their economy depends on foreign investments, exporting, and economic GROWTH). And they are not powerful enough to fight NATO militarily.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
right now Israel havent bombed any part of syria just leb
if israel should bomb syria they would retaliate with heavy artilery and missiles at israel and if it should escilate and syria should need help iran would be part of this equation which would then spread to the US where pro israel lobby in the senite/white house would get the US to back israel in the fight and so on

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
Syria and Iran ARE INDEED Islamic fanatic militant supporters. They are involved in terrorism. Israel does not support Jewish terrorists going into Iran and Syria and starting things with them. Nor does Israel say they will wipe Iran off the map (which Israel actually CAN). So yes, I would like to see Israel bomb the hell out of Iran and make the only defense the Iranian president can turn to is praying to Allah.

what a joke?
you do know israel what created by terrorists who started attacking british people when they where in control of the area to form Israel?

Iran does like any other country and thats support groups to further their own agenda which depends on how you look at it,
in some eyes they are helping a group fight occupation like the americans did in afagan in others supporting terrorists.

on one side Irans leaders maybe fanatics in your eyes and others
same can be said about bush who bleives he is doing gods will, who also runs a country that supports and creates thousends of terrorists for their national intrests.

also Israeli leader once did say they can wipe iran of the map.

on your note Irans leader preying to allah/god
so do leaders of other nations

bush jesus
blair jesus
israeli leader who ever they prey to

also look into Irans deffence systems you might learn thing of two
go to weapons forum and read plane mans topics

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Posted by Retinoid...

You don't seem to understand, Iran will not bring the US into anything.

I believe this too, i dont think talk about Russia and China getting invovled is true, They wont.
Nor will the US.
They have made it clear.

archives.cnn.com...

But the US will support Israel as China and Russia veto the other proxy wars.

en.wikinews.org... on_against_North_Korea

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

Why do you think that that is stupid for Israel? Syria and Iran are teh ones backing groups like hezbollah and hamas, they are their proxies, why fight the proxies when you can destroy the puppet-masters?

bodrul

Syria will be annihilated if the yehudis decide to scream through lebanon and head for damascus.

That is true, they have a common defense pact.

where pro israel lobby in the senite/white house would get the US to back israel in the fight and so on

It doesn't require a pro-israel lobby to get the US invovled, the US and Israel are allies, and Iran is already practically at war with the US anyway. Certainly Israel serves the US interest better than Syria and Iran.

techsnow
but because Syria has a lot more support from Iran than ever has before. I really don't know if Israel wants to call Irans bluff on this one, Iran may just be looking for an excuse to jump in this at this point.

What the heck is Iran going to do about it? Invade Israel? How? By tunneling under iraq and popping up in Tel Aviv?

Iran is most likely looking for an excuse to get in this because it wants war with the U.S

Iran is probably hoping that it can remain on the cusp until it has developed nukes. They're probably equip some of their proxies with nukes, once they have their won stockpile. That'd be the coup de gras that will inagurate the 'return of the mahdi', or at least be worth trying for for a fanatic.

denied

what are the implications?

I think bodrul is spot on, there's a possibility that Iran will keep up with its defense pact. However, they're not going to launch their armies at israel, they will just give more support to their proxies.

retinoidreceptor
Syria and Iran ARE INDEED Islamic fanatic militant supporters.

Iran is an islamic republic, headed by the grand ayatollah of all shiadom and its secular president is a shia fanatic. Syria is nothing of the sort.
Syria is a run by a secular nationalist cabal. The rulers of syria aren't shia, but are rather alawis (sometimes called Nosairii), they aren't apocalyptic fanatics like the iran government is, their faith has heavy intermixtures of neo-platonic thought and neo-pythagorean philsophy, along with a lot of classical academic though and a strong esoteric tradition. THey aren't even considered 'real' muslims by many other muslims. Religion has nothing to do with this situation, beyond iran, hamas, and hezbollah.

Israel can in fact defeat both Iran and Syria

The problem is, Israel will have to cross through Iraq in order to do so. That'd basically mean that they'd have to be allied with teh US, and then the US might as well be an active partner in the invasion. Neither Israel nor Iran are going to be able to launch actual war upon one another without the US getting involved (though Israel may hit the nuke plants, or terror camps, or iran may send more weapons to hamas/hezbollah, etc).

And they are not powerful enough to fight NATO militarily

If it comes down to war between Nato and Russia with China at its side, then we all loose because everyone dies and the world ends in a global thermonuclear war.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
No Israel is not going into Syria and that is why this particular conflict is not WW3 like many are saying. It stops at lebanon...when Israle is satisfied that hezbellah is pretty much destroyed then it will be over...in about 7 more days.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
How can they destroy Hezbollah when it resides in Iran?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

help iran would be part of this equation which would then spread to the US where pro israel lobby in the senite/white house would get the US to back israel in the fight and so on

Yes America is more pro israel. It isn't because there is some conspiracy, it is because they are useful.

you do know israel what created by terrorists who started attacking british people when they where in control of the area to form Israel?

So? Does that mean they are instigating other countries by doing terrorism in other countries at the moment? I don't understand your logic.

Iran does like any other country and thats support groups to further their own agenda which depends on how you look at it,

Any group that sends terrorists into a country to "further their own agenda", so they can instigate things, does not mean they are right. Save the philosophy class for discussing Taoism. We are talking about real world things. A nation doing this to another nation is an act of war.

on one side Irans leaders maybe fanatics in your eyes and others
same can be said about bush who bleives he is doing gods will, who also runs a country that supports and creates thousends of terrorists for their national intrests.

If Bush TRULY believes that, which I doubt, then he is a fanatic. And you are right, America creating groups such as Al Qaeda is wrong, and I have a real problem with that.

also Israeli leader once did say they can wipe iran of the map.

Okay can I have a name and quote with reference please? Because I never heard that.

on your note Irans leader preying to allah/god
so do leaders of other nations

I never attacked Islam, I don't like ANY religion to tell you the truth. Especially fanatics.

also look into Irans deffence systems you might learn thing of two
go to weapons forum and read plane mans topics

I never said it would be easy for Israel to defeat Iran. But they can definitely do it.

Trust me, the only reason why I support Israel in this conflic at ALL is because they may be able to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities so we (as in America) don't have to go through this bs anylonger.

And also, about the pro Israeli lobby, or the "zionist controlled American government", is BS. Why? Because Israel has spies, and has been caught with spies in the US government twice. Now tell me, why would they have spies in the government to see that America doesn't betray them if they controlled the government?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
By RetinoidReceptor

I never said it would be easy for Israel to defeat Iran. But they can definitely do it.

Check this thread out.

About Iran's SAM sites.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Naval Units.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

By Planeman, what a job he did.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
It would be crazy to go into Syria, the Syrian army is building up and waiting for an Israeli invasion/strike. Of course, it would be a crazy thing to do. The chances are it will suck in all other countries in the area and problem Europe and America....

In past conflicts, the Israeli army was in Syria and had an open road to Damascus. However, they were persuaded to stop by the U.S. and others. Not sure what would be different this time, based on the recent and historical military performances of the muslim countries in that region.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Go Israel, kick some terrorist butt! Syrians were part of 9/11, so go Israel! SInce Bush won't attack them, we needs Israel to, and Israel never called for the death of America.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
.. there are more aircraft carriers on the water right now then at any other time in history.

REMEMBER?! Last month when all of those NAVY exercises were taking place? Remember the rumors about the training for the up coming operations in LATE JULY and that the pilots were NOT being trained to hit Iraq or even Afganistan....

(...which btw if you'll remember has also "flared up again" ... or did you forget about the so called "90 day war" that started up there about 15 days ago... so they've moved I think its 75,000 troops back in there the other day)

... but they were all getting instructions for how to hit Iran.

SO OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO HIT SYRIA!

And why?

Because soon enough there will be a large enough attack on Israel that Israel will say...

"The flow of soldiers and weapons like the one that was used today will not stop until we take out those that make this war on our country possible."

IRAN WILL BE WELCOME TO RESPOND! BECAUSE THAT IS JUST WHAT THE ISRAELIS AND AMERICANS HAVE WANTED ALL THIS TIME OR HAVE YOU NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION?!!

That'll be in about a week tops.. probably right on or during the G-8.

So ... really soon.

They want a war against Iran. Have you not been watching CNN or FOX to get the propaganda they want you to hear about... how ALL OF THIS IS SYRIA AND IRANS FAULT?!

They want a war against Iran and IRAN HAS SAID that if Syria is hit they'll strike back at Isreal... so its THAT EASY for them to get the war they want now. Its all they have to do.. HIT SYRIA.

And when Iran gets involved.. what do you think is going to happen after that?

Just where in the hell do you think this is heading?

You honestly believe this is just a flare up?

-vmx

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
No Israel is not going into Syria and that is why this particular conflict is not WW3 like many are saying. It stops at lebanon...when Israle is satisfied that hezbellah is pretty much destroyed then it will be over...in about 7 more days.

There is a big difference now. Before in 2001 Israel went to war with Hezbollah and Syria tried to get involved and Israel put them in check by taking out many of their radar but that was in 2001, when Syria defended Hezbollah.

Now in 2006 Syria Syria defends and supports Hezbollah but so does IRAN! The whole situation has changed so that is why many may think this could lead to very serious conflict.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vis Major X
.. there are more aircraft carriers on the water right now then at any other time in history.

REMEMBER?! Last month when all of those NAVY exercises were taking place? Remember the rumors about the training for the up coming operations in LATE JULY and that the pilots were NOT being trained to hit Iraq or even Afganistan....

(...which btw if you'll remember has also "flared up again" ... or did you forget about the so called "90 day war" that started up there about 15 days ago... so they've moved I think its 75,000 troops back in there the other day)

... but they were all getting instructions for how to hit Iran.

SO OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO HIT SYRIA!

And why?

Because soon enough there will be a large enough attack on Israel that Israel will say...

"The flow of soldiers and weapons like the one that was used today will not stop until we take out those that make this war on our country possible."

IRAN WILL BE WELCOME TO RESPOND! BECAUSE THAT IS JUST WHAT THE ISRAELIS AND AMERICANS HAVE WANTED ALL THIS TIME OR HAVE YOU NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION?!!

That'll be in about a week tops.. probably right on or during the G-8.

So ... really soon.

They want a war against Iran. Have you not been watching CNN or FOX to get the propaganda they want you to hear about... how ALL OF THIS IS SYRIA AND IRANS FAULT?!

They want a war against Iran and IRAN HAS SAID that if Syria is hit they'll strike back at Isreal... so its THAT EASY for them to get the war they want now. Its all they have to do.. HIT SYRIA.

And when Iran gets involved.. what do you think is going to happen after that?

Just where in the hell do you think this is heading?

You honestly believe this is just a flare up?

-vmx

X your right about a lot you said. First off CNN and FOX are giving a lot of propoganda about how Iran and Syria back Hezbollah but you know what.. ITS TRUE!

Also you mentioned the U.S. war games going on in the region and yes you'r right the U.S. is not practicing on Iraq or Afgan territory anymore because Iran is the main threat now.

The U.S. is not going to let Israel attack Syria so early in the conflict .. give it 3 weeks after Hezbollah has been destroyed then maybe if Syria hasn't attacked by then, Israel will. But if any conflict happens before then it will be Syria that attacks Israel because they believe they have the support of Iran (which they do), and this is anothe reason Israel will not involve Syria in the conflict so soon.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join