It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dude, What's the deal with Israel these days?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I mean 1 soldier held hostage, and an entire offensive is launched on Gaza. 2 soldiers kidnapped in Lebanonand they launch an assault on them?

Israel launched airstrikes and sent troops into southern Lebanon today after Hezbollah said its guerrillas had abducted two Israeli soldiers. Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert described the Hezbollah attacks as an "act of war" and promised a "very painful and far-reaching" response, The Associated Press reported.
Is it just me, or are they taking on a bit much these days? They seem like they want to fight with anyone who looks at them the wrong way.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I think they're hoping Iran will step in, opening the door for the US and Israel to start attacking them.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Thats a point, but seriously if that happens then it really will be ww3.
i dont think it will escalate, but we will see, as there are always other agenda's that we may not be aware of.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It seems Israel has a zero-tolerance policy against attacks against their citizens, especially military members. I really don't know if that's the correct policy that will lead to a final peace in the Middle East or not...anyway, kidnapping a soldier I would think is an act of war and Israel has the right to respond as they see fit.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
yep there are always things the general public are never told. just how far this escalates we don't know. like the israel pm said there are tough times ahead for the state of israel.

you see also how no one really spoke out about what israel was doing in gaza, things like this lead to escalation. again we never know why things happen sometimes, as things can sometimes be planned to take a course none of us public will understand.

what is that saying "there is a method to there madness"

i am not saying that saying to either side, but it sort of sums it up.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
...I mean, they vote a group in as their government that has said under no uncertain terms that it is their goal to destroy Israel. Then proceed to fire over 1,500 missile at Israeli civilian populations and then kidnapped 1 Israeli soldier.

Why would ANYONE in this day and age not predict that Israel will respond with military force?

Israel has a LONG history of reacting to attacks on their people with large amounts of firepower.

And now Lebanon wants to get in on all the fun?

Israel has announced that it is their intention to "move Lebanon’s clock back 20 years."

If you're too dumb to realize Israel will counter-attack if you attack, maybe you deserve to have you clock readjusted.

This is not about 1 Soldier, this is about continued aggression and a government that has announced that it has NO INTENTION of chancing its policies.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Israel is calling up its reserves, which can mobilize faster than any reserve army in the world. This will push the Israeli armed forces well over 1 million ready to war personal. It is a smart move since Israel is trying to use proportionate responses to attacks by its enemies, and having the full army on standby is a good deterent.

Also I'd like to point out that going all out for 1 Israeli soldier is Israels policy. The reason is because Israel is under constant threat, particularly the military though, so they have a 0 tolerence policy regarding soldiers. This is an important policy for Israel, because it keeps the morale of their military very high because they know their country stands behind them.

Strategically, it is brilliant strategy, and the people they are fighting could learn a few lessons regarding the value of human life. The lack of value for human life is exactly what continues to get them in trouble with Israel, and is probably why they never win once the shooting starts, and only win when other countries force Israel to back down at the negotiating table.

It should also be noted that more Israeli civilians have been wounded or killed by the rocket and mortar attacks than Palestinian civilians by the air attacks and incursions. The press has intentionally not mentioned this small statistical detail, but then again, when did the western press ever care about the details?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by darksided
Strategically, it is brilliant strategy, and the people they are fighting could learn a few lessons regarding the value of human life. The lack of value for human life is exactly what continues to get them in trouble with Israel, and is probably why they never win once the shooting starts, and only win when other countries force Israel to back down at the negotiating table.

Strategically it actually a pretty stupid strategy. For 1 soldier they are mobilizing there forces for another fight or possibly even raids or even occupation of another country over 1 soldier.

Israels military already uses something like 9% to 10% of it's GDP and during war/conflict this rises because they need more money. Also when a country is occupied with war or conflict such as those that seem long term it stop and slows down investment from foreign countries which in turn slows down the overall economy growth. Even with America giving Israel $2.5+ Billion dollars of weapons which equals to 25% to 30% of Israels whole military budget it still won;t help Israel in the long run.

Israel will probably end up paying more in long term over this conflict. Olemet is just trying to show he is a “strong” “leader” like Sharon but he is just making things worser.

Best thing for Israel to do is do a prisoner swap release all Palestinian and Lebanese prisoners and then push for new rules in the military where soldiers are less likely to be abducted this would work out better for Israel in the long run.

Also i would like to point out that it is impossible for Israel to occupy Lebanon again because America will not allow it especially while American Soldiers are in Iraq and Afghanistan and while America is threatening another country like Iran because the back lash that will be faced is not by Israel but by America in Iraq when people are enraged by Israelis actions against Lebanon.

Basically this is how it is :

America is occupying 2 Muslim countries :

-Afghanistan
-Iraq

America is threatening and putting pressure on 2 Muslim countries :

-Iran
-Syria

Israel is occupying 1 Muslim country :

-Palestine

Israel is threatening another attack and possible invasion of another Muslim country :

-Lebanon

America will never let it go that far because Muslims will be outraged if Israel or America invade/occupy another Muslim country and could possibly hit back at America in Iraq because this would make a great recruitment propaganda for Al-qeada who have been saying all along that America and Israel are trying to occupy Muslims countries.

If Israel does something stupid America will pay for it in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Originally posted by darksided
It should also be noted that more Israeli civilians have been wounded or killed by the rocket and mortar attacks than Palestinian civilians by the air attacks and incursions. The press has intentionally not mentioned this small statistical detail, but then again, when did the western press ever care about the details?

Pure Rubbish.

More palestinians are killed in a single Israeli missile or artillery strike then all the Israelis that have every been killed by all palestinain rocket attacks combined.

All the Israel that have been killed with palestinain qassam rockets can be counted on i pair of hands while Israel regularly killed multiple civillians weekly with its missile strikes against palestinians.

You are right the media will never ever show the truth becuase they always show Israel as weak and helpless while showing palestinians to be powefull with there "Rockets".

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I hoenstly dont believe that these soldiers are being kidnapped. Where is the proof? All we are told is through our western media, and they are not going to tell us that israel are purely invading its neighbours, but they are "responding to attacks" Call me a skeptic, but i think its more likely those soldiers are in a hole, killed by their own.

Since when did these surposed terroists stop blowing themselves up and start kidnapping soldiers? And they have zero-tolerance on attacks agaisnt their soldiers, but not agaisnt its citizens?
"We tolerate you blowing up innocent civilians, who dont have the means of protecting themselves, but we will not tolerate you killing and kiddnapping people who we train to fight you and have more than the means to protect themselves"

I dont understand this logic.

[edit on 103131p://upWednesday by wang]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
i just find it wrong to KNOWINGLY kill Kids an people who arent fighting (Like relatives of hamas an so forth) its like blowing up criminal's homes after you find out they commited a crime,

eye for a eye is Blind justice.

How a country with the intel to make nukes can't find another way to get their guy.......without ending the life of others who werent involved.... 7 kids? thats alot to die for nothing. for a mid level hamas agent.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by iqonx
Best thing for Israel to do is do a prisoner swap release all Palestinian and Lebanese prisoners and then push for new rules in the military where soldiers are less likely to be abducted this would work out better for Israel in the long run.

So you think that giving the terrorists what they want will work out better for Israel? Please, that will only show them that kidnapping soldiers gets positive results. Israel has been under constant terrorist attack, they have a right to respond. Not that I think that war is ever a good thing, I wish there could be peace but I do not think that giving in to terrorist demands will breed anything except more copycat terror tactics. Not to mention that neither hamas nor Hezbolla has given Israel any proof that their soldiers are even alive at this point.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by kokoro]

[edit on 12-7-2006 by kokoro]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I highly doubt that they're still alive as well. I have to say, though, that a military assault isn't the way to go. If anything it will show the 'terrorists' that this is the way to go if you want a reaction. What's to stop terrorists from Jordan or Egypt from kidnapping soldiers? Will Israel go buck wild on them too?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
...i just find it wrong to KNOWINGLY kill Kids an people who arent fighting (Like relatives of hamas an so forth) its like blowing up criminal's homes after you find out they commited a crime, ...

So, is it OK for Palestinians to strap explosives onto their bodies and walk into a Wedding and kill innocent Men, Women and Children?

Or do the same on Israeli busses or in Israeli marketplaces??

Is it OK for Palestinians to fire Un-guided missiles into Israel, with no consideration that it could possibly kill innocent civilians?

I agree with you, killing innocent people is horrific and worse than evil. And further, I’d bet a whole mess-o-money Beelzebub’s gonna have fun with these guys when they show up on his doorstep.

However, keep in mind, Israel uses precision weapons and tries to minimize collateral damage and the killing of innocent civilians.

When Palestinians attack Israelis, they make every attempt to kill innocent civilians.

Do you consider Palestinians purposely targeting innocent civilians more acceptable?

‘cause, I sure don’t.

If I believed in heaven and Hell the way modern Christians do (I DON”T), I’d say “everyone involved in “Killing” is gonna fry.”

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Lebanon forces crossed over nito Isreal and kidnapped the soliders. The soliders were not in Lebanon. That is why Isreal has stated it as an act of war.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You Can Not "KIDNAP" a Soldier!

If he is a Soldier he is being Held a Prisoner of War!

Nobody went into his home and took him away from his Family when he was sleeping!

He was held prisoner in a Military Action.

How many Palestinians has the Israel KIDNAPPED then?

If Americans Knew

“Since the beginning of the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories in 1967, over 650,000 Palestinians have been detained by Israel. This forms approximately 20% of the total Palestinian population in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT).”

Source: The Mandela Institute for Human Rights – Palestine

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Israel is too heavy handed in some of its responses, I’m all for show of force and military response but if they continue like this they will alienate more than just the ME with their tactics. I don’t think they intentionally kill children or civilians but they do intentionally target infrastructure and public areas.

Someone needs to re-teach this Israeli general how to fight a war.

Army Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Dan Halutz warned the Lebanese government that the Israeli military will target infrastructure and "turn back the clock in Lebanon by 20 years," if the soldiers were not returned, Israeli TV reported.

Link

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yeah Dude, what's wrong with Israel these days?

It's quite a legitimate and interesting question. Personally I don't buy this Saving Private Gilad stuff and since this a conpiracy forum we should digg deaper.

Does anybody knows, what is curently happening in Israel?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
You Can Not "KIDNAP" a Soldier!

If he is a Soldier he is being Held a Prisoner of War!

You cannot be POW without war declared. Without declaration of war from Lebanon he was simply kidnapped.

And Israel has EVERY RIGHT to declare war on Lebanon because of this. I don't understand why some people simply can't see it.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm not talking about their rights, I'm talking about thinking it through, and finding a better way than going to war so easily. Like I said, now everyone will be kidnapping Israeli soldiers, just to taunt Israel.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The "Wolf" is showing is true nature...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join