It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new secret societies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
we've all heard about masons, we've all heard about illuminaty, we've all heard about the NWO. We've ever heard about OTO, Golden Dawn, builderburgs, and even skull and bones.

After being a member of ATS now for awhile i've discovered that these seem to be the norms would they not? so i have a challenge for everyone here to truely DENY IGNORANCE. here's my question. what other little known secret societies are out there that are truely BAZAAR? I challenge you all....myself included to go out, seek information about some little known secret societies, and talk about them. rituals, members, WIERD stuff....the wierder the better.

Let's find out what else is out there, instead of the same old fight, same old world domination crap. Lets find out some really COOL stuff and post it here.

Remember this is about ACTUAL societies not ones you and your friends make up. REAL stuff that is little known and strange. Lets actually have fun with this one.

GOOD LUCK!

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Ok folks I'll kick it off by posting this list....its up to you guys to do the research....these aren't all secret, some are just fraternal, so I'm only posting the ones that sound interesting or slightly mysterious...

On a side note I've noticed the secret societies section of ATS has been rather slow postings of late.....less new topics and less discussion....kinda sad, this was my favourite section.

Anyway...heres a list.

American Bankers Association
Ancient Egyptian Order of Sciots
The Ancient and Honourable Order of the Blue Goose
Ahvas Israel
AKP American Knights of Protection
ALAC Knights Templar Ladies Auxilary
Ancient Mystic Order of Bagmen of Baghdad
Ancient Mystic Order of Samaritans
The Freegardeners (Incidentally there are 3 degrees of Gardening and it has something to do with Adam and Eve)
American Order of Druids
Ancient Order of Foresters
Ancient Order of Knights of the Mystic Chain
Ancient Order of Muts
Ancient Order of Mysteries
Ancient Order of Owls
Ancient Order of Osiris
Ancient Order of Pyramids
Ancient Order of Sanhedrin
Ancient Order of Zuzimites
Alliance of Transylvanian Saxons
Builders of the Atydum (BOTA)
Black Knights of Molders
Black Legion
Brotherhood of the New Life
Benevolent Order of Monkeys
Bnai Zion
Brotherhood of the West Gate
Dramatic Order of the Knights of Khorassanm
Daughters of Isis
E Clampus Vitus
Eternal and Universal Brotherhood of Mystics
Fraternal Mystic Circle
Fraternal Mystic Legion
Fifth Order of Melchizidek and the Egyptian Sphynx
Mystic Order of Veiled Prophets of the Enchanted Realm (Masonic Related)
Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxom
International Brotherhood of Old Bastards
Red Cross of Constantine (Masonic Related)
International Order of Good Templars
Knights of Khorasan
Knights of the Maccabees
Knights Militant
Loyal Knights of the Round Table
National Order of Vittes (Order of Thirteen)
Order of Amaranth
Order of the Star in the East
Order of the Secret Monitor
Order of the Trapezoid
Order of the Rune Guild
Temple of Set

There are of course many more, I just pulled the ones that sounded interesting, for the complete list I used go to www.exonumia.com...

Let the discussion begin.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Thule was a legendary island in the far north, similar to Atlantis, supposedly the center of a lost, high-level civilization. But not all secrets of that civilization had been completely wiped out. Those that remained were being guarded by ancient, highly intelligent beings (similar to the "Masters" of Theosophy or the White Brotherhood).
The truly initiated could establish contact with these beings by means of magic-mystical rituals.

The "Masters" or "Ancients" allegedly would be able to endow the initiated with supernatural strength and energy.

With the help of these energies the goal of the initiated was to create a race of Supermen of "Aryan" stock who would exterminate all "inferior" races

Source

This is the society of which Hitler was a prominent member. When he rose to power, he looked first to this group for support. The link is a good read.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Secret Societies promoting the overthrow of the State

&

Templars, Assasins, Druzes, Sufism, and, of course, Masonry.

&

Bohemian Grove
Rancheros Visitadores
Roundup Riders of the Rockies

Though I beleive that the last two don't precisely have rites and modes of recognition, and thus you could say that they aren't a secret society.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by Nygdan]

[edit on 12-7-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdenKaia

This is the society of which Hitler was a prominent member. When he rose to power, he looked first to this group for support.

Actually, Hitler was never a member of the Thule Society, although some later Nazi supporters had been.

The Thule Society (German: Thule-Gesellschaft), originally the Studiengruppe für germanisches Altertum 'Study Group for Germanic Antiquity', was a German occultist and Völkisch group in Munich, notable chiefly as the organization that sponsored the Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, which was later transformed by Adolf Hitler into the Nazi Party. Hitler, however, was never a member of the Thule Society.

Source

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I apologize for my assumption. It seems that you are right, and most records do not indicate that he was ever actually a member, just a pupil under the leadership of a prominent one, Dietrich Eckart, who seemed to have coached him through most of his goals. It was from another passage that I based my assertion of Hitler's membership, and this passage is of itself only based on a few letters passed between Hitler and a member of the Thule Society.

Some claim Hitler indeed was a member of the Thule Society, and through this came to the Nazi Party (then NAP).

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrBones666

Ancient Egyptian Order of Sciots

This is a Masonic-related organization, similar in some respects to the Shrine and Tall Cedars of Lebanon. Like those two, it is designated by Masons as a "fun degree" (always ominous words!).

Supreme Pyramid, Ancient Egyptian Order of Sciots

ALAC Knights Templar Ladies Auxilary

This may be in reference to the Social Order of the Beausant, which is a popular ladies' auxiliary of Masonic Templary.

Ancient Order of Foresters

The Foresters were originally a Roman Catholic order whose purposes were good fellowship and charity. Now, some Forester orders also admit Protestants and Jews. Their initiation ceremony is based on the legend of Robin Hood and the Merry Men. The Forester Lodge represents Sherwood Forest.

Builders of the Atydum (BOTA)

Builders of the Adytum is an esoteric society dedicated to the study of the Kabalah, primarily through Tarot symbolism, and the practice of occult techniques based on these teachings. The Order is non-sectarian, and admits both men and women.

Benevolent Order of Monkeys

Perhaps this order was founded by our very own Mirthful Me?

Daughters of Isis

A ladies' auxiliary in the Prince Hall Shriners. See the website of this DOI Court

Mystic Order of Veiled Prophets of the Enchanted Realm (Masonic Related)

Also known as the Grottos. Another fun degree, similar to the Shrine.

International Brotherhood of Old Bastards

Also known as the Order of Regular Contributors To The ATS Secret Societies Forum, this ancient mystical sect is one of the most archaic and interesting of all esoteric, illuminated mystery cults.

Red Cross of Constantine (Masonic Related)

An honorary order in the York Rite. The Red Cross of Constantine is considered as high an honor in the York Rite as the 33° is in the Scottish.

Order of Amaranth

An auxiliary order in Masonry for both men and women, similar to Eastern Star.

Order of the Secret Monitor

A Masonic degree which in the United States is under jurisdiction of the Grand Council of Allied Masonic Degrees, and is conferred legally only in A.M.D. Council. However, Canada and the UK have Grand Conclaves of the Order of the Secret Monitor, and the degree is controlled by them instead of A.M.D. The ritual is based on the biblical account of the friendship between David and King Saul's son Jonathan.

Order of the Trapezoid

Theoretically, the secret ruling council of the Church of Satan. Dr. Michael A. Aquino who was once an archbishop in that church says, in his book The Church of Satan that former high priest Anton Szandor LaVey made contradictory statements about the Order of the Trapezoid, sometimes relating that all the satanic clergy were members, while at other times hinting that only a top secret cabal held membership in it. Aquino was the top ranking priest right after Lavey and his wife Diane, and says he never saw an actual Trapezoid meeting, eventually concluding that it only existed in Lavey's imagination. Later, Aquino organized a new Order of the Trapezoid for initiates of his Temple of Set.

Temple of Set

Founded by Aquino in 1976 after a schism occured in the Church of Satan. According to Aquino and others, most of the Church of Satan's priesthood resigned and affiliated with the Setian Temple. In the past, Dr. Aquino has been kind enough to share with me certain Temple theological documents that are normally given to initiates only. They possess a very interesting body of divinity, and their metaphysics is complex and unique.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
congrats to you all so far...

now THIS is what this forum is all about.

lets keep it going and learn more stuff about the truely secret, and truely BAZAAR.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I was just reading about an order called the Brethren of Purity, the "Ikhwan al-safa". They are neo-pythagorean in philosophy, but are required to 'take knowledge from everywhere, regardless of creed'. They compiled an 'encyclopedia' of all knowledge known to the arabs hundreds of years ago.

In a certain way, it reminds me of the Rosicrucians, who originally sent out researchers to every corner of the globe, who'd then meet back at their temple and exchange and record the knowledge that they had gotten.

Apparently there is a modern group going by the same name, I don't know if it is connected to the original.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

top topics

join