It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sigh...More bigfootage (sounds large and powerfull...hmmm..)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Here we go.

more footage posted, this one very recent. couple fairly clear shots, and some fairly good audio. For some reason this one kinda raised the hair on my neck.

quote from the guy who shot the footage when contacted by Crypto:

" This thing was huge and at first I thought it was a bear. The area had a putrid stench which reminded me of rancid milk. I thought that I was going to vomit because of the extreme smell, it was unbearable. The film cut short because I accidently hit the ‘record’ button & thought it was still filming. It was real hard to keep up with it at the rate it was moving in the forest & that made it difficult to film. It eventually wandered off in the bushes, I attempted to follow but was unable to find it. I have never felt my heart race that fast in my life. That was one hell of a ride!" www.cryptomundo.com...

And footage here:

www.youtube.com...

I'm gonna keep an eye on this one.

On a lighter note, You have to check out this commercial, and the others linked to it. Really Really funny - and a very impressive sasquatch suit!

www.youtube.com...

Good times.

[edit on 11-7-2006 by tasteslikethunder]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm intrigued. (I'm pretty easily intrigued.) But I'm intrigued.

The one problem I have is that the supposed Bigfoot is making quite the racket as it moves through the brush. A species that is so elusive would be a little stealthier, no?

The area had a putrid stench which reminded me of rancid milk. I thought that I was going to vomit because of the extreme smell, it was unbearable.

I have a friend who claims to have almost hit a Sasquatch while driving her car on a logging road in southern Washington State. Later, while showing a team of researchers from the UW the location, she said they found a "nesting area" and that the most distinctive memory she will take from it is the horrific, nauseating smell.

For what that's worth...but it's an interesting detail that makes me want to give this clip a second chance...

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yes, I agree, for an species that lives in the forests this big guy had a hard time getting through the trees. Neither the cameraman nor the bigfoot seemed shocked or scared to see the other one.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Perhaps the "bigfoot" was making so much noise because it was trying to run away from the camerman. For some reason, the "bigfoot" in this tape really reminds me of a silverback gorilla, and its very hunched over.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tasteslikethunder
On a lighter note, You have to check out this commercial, and the others linked to it. Really Really funny - and a very impressive sasquatch suit!

www.youtube.com...

Good times.

Bwahahahaha! Funny stuff!!!

@ The actual "real" footage. Interesting. Not convincing, but interesting. Someone actually following Bigfoot... That's a first? And TLT, you're right... It sounds like a "large and powerful" animal - or maybe the word is clumsy? I've heard a herd of elephants move with more grace through the bushes.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I never mess with bigfoot.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I was going to post this one yesterday but I was so dissapointed in that it's another one where you don't see that clear defining shot.

After many years of reading and studying I get the impression that when fleeing a BF doesn't usually run at full tilt and always likes to escape at an angle in order to keep an eye on the human. In other words, I want to put space between me and him but I'm not going to wear myself out and since he knows I'm here, why bother trying to be quiet.

I believe they know they are bigger and more powerful and thats why they don't scamper away in terror.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Footage?.... BOOOOOO, I want my money back!.... commercial, two thumbs up! Everyone describes bigfoot with the sickening smell, nothing new there. I agree with the elusive figure theory as well, if a bigfoot exist he's almost always gonna see you before you see him.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
For an animal trying to run away, it was sure taking its sweet time breaking and clearing away the branches in its path. I'm no expert on the primitive instincts of a Bigfoot, but I can tell you that any large animal is going to do one of two things when spotted or threatened. Attack or run. This "animal" seems to be doing neither.

This seems fairly accurate to me, or at least something like it.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The answer lies within your description. Most that are interested in BF would not consider him a mere "animal".

You can look to the oceans for the same result. Dolphins don't flee as a frightened animial should either. They like BF, tend to stay just far enough away. This would indicate intelligence.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Meh....

Not really impressed. A better video than some, but If I were filming I would be doing 1 of 2 things. I'd be charging at the Bigfoot like a fool, to get the best shot possible, or running for my damn life cause thing has a full 1/3rd mass and size on me and could crush me like a worm.

-ADHD

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
The answer lies within your description. Most that are interested in BF would not consider him a mere "animal".

Whether or not you wish to consider Bigfoot an animal or not, it is most defianately not human.

You can look to the oceans for the same result. Dolphins don't flee as a frightened animial should either. They like BF, tend to stay just far enough away. This would indicate intelligence.

This would be a good point, if it weren't for the fact that at no time in this video does the "bigfoot" ever even look towards the cameraman. Dolphins stay just far enough away and watch human activity, not so much because of intelligence, but more out of curiosity. Their intelligence gives them the ability to differentiate which humans are threatening, and which are not. There just hasnt' been much bigfoot association with people to warrant something similar. Either way, if in this case, Bigfoot were merely "curious", as it were, then why not even acknowledge the presence of the cameraman? Unless of course, there was a guy in a costume that knew he was being filmed.
There are also other things to consider. The first and foremost is the preeminent apology that typically goes along with hoax videos, and is not lacking here. "The film is short and hard to see clearly because-------" You fill in the blanks. How many times have you heard the same thing?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Firstly, I am not defending this particular video as authentic. Second, I state my conclusions from researching many sources as to how BF has acted during encounters. Third, I did not call BF "human" either. However, limited as it may be, BF may have the ability to think and reason which would also elevate him to a level above what you consider to be an "animal".

Lastly, you have much better vision than me as to be able to tell that the subject in the film never looked at the camera man.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
As sad as it makes me to say it....That it not what I consider dense, I have surveyed through worse.....and I would expect a creature of that size, familiar with it's terrain, to not look like it was using a machete to clear brush.....moving much too slow IMHO..
peace

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Firstly, I am not defending this particular video as authentic. Second, I state my conclusions from researching many sources as to how BF has acted during encounters.

What encounters would those be? There is only one bit of footage in existance that most experts have had to agree seems realistic. Almost every other has been proven a fraud in one fashion or another. So what, exactly, are you basing this "research" upon?

Third, I did not call BF "human" either. However, limited as it may be, BF may have the ability to think and reason which would also elevate him to a level above what you consider to be an "animal".

I've highlighted the relevant word here. Given the responses between the two of us already, which can be seen quite easily by anyone, I would say that nothing else needs to be pointed out here. There is no proof of anything. What you know and what you think, are two entirely different things. The issue you seem to keep making out of it is hardly relevant, and frankly it seems a waste of space. Animal, Non animal. Tomato, Tomoto. No one cares.

Lastly, you have much better vision than me as to be able to tell that the subject in the film never looked at the camera man.

If there is honestly any doubt in your mind as to if the creature was, or was not looking at the camera, then the video obviously was not clear enough to you to ever tell. But honestly, if I was forced to use your logic of better vision, then I would have to say that I suppose I must have better sight than you. Look at the scenes where the "bigfoot" is shown the most clearly, and then when you can only see the body. Either time, the posistion of the body would not allow for the creature to be looking at the camera. Not unless a brand new evolutionary spark has ignited and allowed its head to turn 360 degrees.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
"Encounters" meaning accounts from witnesses. You know what I am referring to. Last time I checked there were thousands of people who have claimed encounters with BF. While I am not saying they are all truthful and accurate, they do give you an idea as to how BF acts during these run-in's. Description while not as good as video is still helpful.

OK, I'll go out on a limb and say that I am at least 51% over the I believe fence. Furthermore, based on study of witness accounts I am of the opinion BF does have the ability to think and reason.

I'm going to go out on another limb here and say there is no possible way that you could tell that BF never looks at the camera man. You perception of angle would seem a bit confused because I did see the subject at least once at an angle as to be able to look over his shoulder. Of course with slashing, downed timber and shaky camera-work blocking my view during most of the film I cannot say for sure that he did look.

Now, how about you go out on your own limb and admit that you can't be sure of anything because you can't see the subject any better than I can.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm not totally convinced that the video in question is 100% real. But one thing that might be considered if it may be real, is what if the Sasquatch in this video is a "dominant" or alpha member of the species. In this case I can see it beiong full of confidence and to put it in another way "arrogance". It knows that it can beat the sh__t out of the camera guy, it has been spotted, so why run away. It may just be showing the human that he is too insignificant to bother with, therefore continuing to move through the brush with exagerated loud movements, breaking branches, showing its true awesome "stay out of my way if you know what's good for you" attitude.

Another thought that comes to mind is that maybe this particular sasquatch is clumsy, not all members of a species can be gifted at stealth, and since he is large and powerful and most likely at the top of the local food chain, doesn't care.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by niato007
I'm not totally convinced that the video in question is 100% real. But one thing that might be considered if it may be real, is what if the Sasquatch in this video is a "dominant" or alpha member of the species. In this case I can see it beiong full of confidence and to put it in another way "arrogance". It knows that it can beat the sh__t out of the camera guy, it has been spotted, so why run away. It may just be showing the human that he is too insignificant to bother with, therefore continuing to move through the brush with exagerated loud movements, breaking branches, showing its true awesome "stay out of my way if you know what's good for you" attitude.

I agree with much of what you say. I also don't think it needs to be an "alpha" to show a bit of confidence towards a much smaller human. Although, most of what I have read indicates that they do have a certain level of fear when it comes to interaction with humans. Often they are reported to throw small stones in the direction of invading hikers or vehicles or beat sticks against rocks or trees as to say: don't come any closer!

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

"I agree with much of what you say. I also don't think it needs to be an "alpha" to show a bit of confidence towards a much smaller human. Although, most of what I have read indicates that they do have a certain level of fear when it comes to interaction with humans. Often they are reported to throw small stones in the direction of invading hikers or vehicles or beat sticks against rocks or trees as to say: don't come any closer!"

Good point. Hope this is a real video, But we need more solid proof to say for sure.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It's funny because when he's snapping a branch he stumbles backwards and then angrily swipes the bush infront of him in a way that looks a bit acted. It doesn't matter or validate it anymore that the guy said it smelt bad, as anyone could do the lamest bit of research and find that out. This is in no way proof of any kind. My guess is a chewbacca costume too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join