It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does life on Earth have a future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Do we have a future?

www.edge.org...
This implies the variety of life, the multitude of species, the dazzling array of ecosystems they create from the permanent snow fields of the Himalayas to steamy jungles, and coral reefs, and the 6000+ languages we speak and our cultures that they largely define.

> Global warming will ensure that the species that survive do so in the wrong place.

> It is estimate that a third of all the species will be on the fast track to extinction within the next quarter century.

> Over 90% of all languages will be gone by then, because languages spoken by fewer than a million people are rarely taught to children.

> Most tropical forests will be gone by 2025 and with them, their species and peoples.

> Coral reefs will be cooked alive in too-warm oceans.

> Tropical glaciers will long have been only a memory preserved in the archive sections of libraries.

Where do we go from here? What’s in store for us?

DO WE HAVE A FUTURE? WHAT CAN WE DO TO SECURE IT? ARE WE DOING ENOUGH?

(mod edit to add external tags and link to possible source)

[edit on 11-8-2006 by pantha]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
good thread, I guess we just have to wait and see how the mankind destroys itself......and the species around them.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
hmmmm

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Yes, but not in this dimension. All prophecies say there will be a completely new world where the trees are giving fruits all around the year. But this will happen after the world has been cleansed from evil.

I practice Falun Dafa Qi Gong and I believe this is the way of the future. It is free of charge, voluntary and emphasizes Truth, Compassion and Tolerance in daily life.

/Trutfulness-Compassion-Tolerance is good, Falun Dafa is good

top topics

join