It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FSME: Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It seems like I'm going to be the FSME for this PTS forum and since there haven't been any posts here for a long time, I thought a had better get things going ASAP.

So my first post as FSME will be the basic question to others who label themselves as conservatives, what does that mean for you? In the U.S. de facto two party system, the Republican party is our big tent to hang out in, but we have everything from libertarian leaning members who want to legalize drugs and make the government as small as possible, Christian and other religious groups that want to snoop into our bedrooms to see who and how we're having (hmmmm....) "romantic" relationships. The spectrum continues to traditional laizzes-faire pro-business Republicans that are more concerned with lowering taxes, tariffs, restraints on immigration etc. and don't really care either way on social issues.

SO....Where do you stand?

I'm a more libertarian live and let live guy. I wouldn't mind seeing the legalization of all drugs, prostitution etc. But I'm still religious and want the name of God to remain on our currency and freedom for communities to erect crosses, the Ten Commandments etc. I am pro-business and pro-immigrant but want to make a sensible legal system to create an immigration system where people from all countries have to get in the same line and people who enter the U.S. illegally are deported and make sure people seeking to become U.S. citizens really want to join our country and enter our "melting pot" E. Pluribus Unum ya know...so that's basically where I stand.

I know this from a very American-centric view and there are conservatives in every country represented on PTS, so please all conservatives in any country feel free to post about issues important to you in your country here too

See you all around, let's make this a more talkative place together!

- djohnsto77

[edit on 12/29/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
While Im not conservative as such for the sake of the topic I will post the issues that the conservative partys raised or tried to make an issue at the last New Zealand election.
Heres what comes to mind.
Tax cuts.
Changes to the Wefare system.
Ending Race based funding.
Maintaining interest on student loans.

Thats all that springs to mind at the moment.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm not really conservative nor liberal. I believe the government shouldn't concern itself with anyones bedroom activities as long as it is between two consenting adults. I don't believe that drugs should be legalized but I can see prostitution being legal. I believe that the pledge should still be said and Under God should remain on the currency. I'm pro-choice and don't believe anyone should be able to tell me what I can and can't do with my body; however, I'm also against birth control by abortion. Abortion should remain legal but only used under certain circustance such as rape or to preserve the life of the mother if that is her choice. I can support a waiting period to purchase a gun and I can't really understand why some feel the need to own a automatic weapon. I'm tired of multiple generations living on welfare there should be a limit on how long you can remain on welfare except under certain circustances.

I believe that this will be an interesting forum and I expect to learn alot from other posters as I have on the Social Issues forum.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
When will a new FSME be appointed to this great forum ?
Cheers xpert11.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
All hail our new Flying Spaghetti Monster Educator

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK

What are you on about ?
I cant find any sign that a new FSME as been appointed to this forum.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11

Originally posted by OXmanK

What are you on about ?
I cant find any sign that a new FSME as been appointed to this forum.

Nor can I. We need to get this forum going somehow though. I haven't seen anything new Conservative themed here for a long time.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Sorry, wasn't paying attention to the date on the page. Jeez...I have been out of it.

top topics

join