It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republicans Have a Plan - And it is Called FEAR

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Republicans have a plan...fear. Democrats have a plan...fear. Yadda...yadda...yadda.

Politics, at least in the "modern" era are always about instilling fear of the other party into the voters...the evil Republicans are going to get us into a war without end...scarey stuff. The evil democrats are going to roll over to the terrorists and soon our whole society will be based on sharia law...scarey stuff. On a more mundane level...social security or health care or raising/lowering taxes.

Phoooey, it got really, really old...a long long time ago. Sometimes I just want to move into the deep woods and mountains and take up trout fishing as an avocation and occupation...this coming from an ardent supporter of political involvement should be worrisome to those in power...but is actually just what they want...

It'll never stop...we're supposed to be scared of something...anything...everything, so that we'll depend on Big Brother to protect us from which ever bogeyman is the current flavor of the month...as I said earlier...that trout fishing is sounding better and better by the day, but I am not giving them the satisfaction.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Be afraid, be very afraid.

There are terrorists in our midst! That's the message. Reds under the bed all over again... but with a new twist. For example, this new AQ guy... the American AQ guy.

How many people here know that he was born Adam Pearlman - and for those who don't believe me, I'd have thought that an FBI link ought to convince even the hardiest sceptic.

He even has his own Wikipedia entry which details his background. His father converted to Christianity, but Adam moved in with his grandfather, who was on the board of directors of the Anti-Defamation League, before converting to Islam.

I think he's a double agent. In the latest video he tips his hat to George Galloway and Robert Fisk... that, to me, is a sure sign that his handlers want to smear those guys (the first of whom handed his Congressional inquisitors their asses in a sling, the second of whom provides unbiased - netiher pro- nor anti-Islam - reporting in the middle East). It's highly unlikely that a genuine terrorist would namecheck these men.

[edit on 5-9-2006 by rich23]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
They rely on us taking sides and bickering among ourselves. Left v. right, donkey v. elephant, black v. white ...

What they fear is the possibility that we will join together and throw the bums out. As long as they can continue to divide us they can conquer us. The very term "War on Terror" is beautiful rhetoric. It provides an amorphous enemy. This is the best they've yet thought of as it is an enemy that can never be caught. This is why the war is being promoted as one of many years. How can the war end when the "terrorists" are still out there hunting us. This is perfect for those who desire war without end.

Who desires war without end? Look to those who are gaining both politically and financially from it first. Political power is gained in our 'democracy' by lining up the fat cat corporate donors. The best way to get them to line up is to give them what they want. They're in bed together but there's no room for you and me. I guess that's some small consolation looking at Condi and Rummy!

What they are doing in the Middle East is an exact recipe for creating MORE terrorists, not less. Bombing and irradiating hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians is sure to cause a few of the survivors to take up arms. Making it a "war" that pits one religion/race against another is also perfect. If the enemy isn't somehow different (LeGuin's "the other") we might actually sympathize wtih their plight.

<< 1   >>

join