It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are These what they Appear To Be??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Greetings All , I hope you are well.
I have been thinking for quite some time now about something.
Australia which is where i live has some pretty amazing things in it like Snakes, Kangaroos, Convicts etc lol.
Nah but really there are these Dishes here that are absolutely massive and One was even used to recieve and transmit data during the Apollo eleven missions, This was of course the great Dish that is located in a little town called Parkes.

It is Amazing isnt it?? So big and trully awsome.
Also there are lots of "dish arrays" here too, and im talking about lots of them all lined up in a line like this .

Now this setup is what they call the "Compact Array"
There are loads of these dishes that span out in a line for a great distance.

Here are some more pics.

Trully fascinating

However one thing plagues my mind about these Dishes.
Are they really there to observe space or something else?
The American space project has something to do with these so i can help but wonder what if they are for more then just observing space??
What if they were for something more interesting and on a larger scale??
I would like to know what you groovey people think about this as i am thinking about visiting these dishes one day to have a look at these spectacular structures for myself.

Omega

[edit on 10/7/2006 by Omega85]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Jeez Omega you're scaring me. Living in Vic Im probably not effected so much, or am I??

These dishes are HUGELY sensitive. They could pick the radio waves off a fly sneezing behind Pluto. And yes, and flies dont give out radio waves!

The thing is, they are pointing up at the sky, and most radio waves come from the ground. And have you ever wondered why a lot of military dishes have radomes?? Yes, to protect the dish from the elements, but it's secondary - or possibly main - purpose is to keep prying eyes from observing which way the dish is pointing. Radio telescopes do not have this, so it would be damn obvious if they started tracking satellites. And having 5 dishes would be stupid if all 5 were forced to do the job of one just for the sake of sneakily eavesdropping on radio transmissions.

There are already systems in place that do this, like Echelon, which you have no doubt heard of before. Here's a GE pic of an Echelon station in New Zealand:

(click)

Smart-asses have even got a pool

Anyways, if you are determined to make sure that these dishes are not being used for sinister purposes, there is always this nifty little applet that shows you the exact position of every known artificial satellite, as well as it's name and orbital path. All you have to do is click on one. Have it so it updates every half second, and you can actually see the things move.
So, grab a wifi laptop, take a lawn chair and a thermos to Parkes, and start conspirazing!!

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

What if they were for something more interesting and on a larger scale??

what made you think like that (other than paranoid behaviour)?

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
those are probably general purpose radio telescopes

hell, i'm sure SETI has rented them out on occassion

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Truly makes you wonder though since they haven't found anything out there after decades of looking. Maybe they are not even looking and it is just a coverup after all? I think Seti is a scam myself.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

(click)

Smart-asses have even got a pool

HAHAHA that is one of the funniest things ive seen on hear for along time. It look like a pretty small office building, and yet they have a pool. Out of all the things they could have its a pool. What a sweet job, lay in the pool all day while your comps just catch flags. Then send the info to another office for reading. Where do i apply?

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
I think Seti is a scam myself.

Yeah. Either that or it's really controlled by the government and they've already had plenty of signals.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Or just MAYBE space is huge, and there aren't many civilizations out there, and radio signals either haven't gotten to us yet, or we haven't been looking in the right places.

As for the dishes, they're used to talk to the space shuttles, and ISS and receive telemetry from them.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Or just MAYBE space is huge, and there aren't many civilizations out there...

Now you're contradicting yourself. Space is infinite and astronomers have already located hundreds of planets like Earth, that could support life. You can read an article on it here.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
And all of those planets are hundreds of light years away. Which means that it would take hundreds of years for a radio/television signal to get here. How do we know they haven't developed close to the same rate we have, and the signals haven't gotten here yet. And note that they MAY support life. Doesn't mean that they DO.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
If I catch what you are suggesting as far as communications go, I suppose it is possible, but on the other hand, UK would be a great place to receive data of an inbound attack on the USA or other's for that matter. With NK being so adiment with thier denials of not faclitating weapons with nuke cap.'s there is a heightened alert for many places; "But I like what you are thinking wish I could share my point's of views on the SBOMR thread, but I haven't received any confirmation to do so yet."

The reason I went to the military stand point was to ask you if you have seen anything like these in the neighborhood? Just a thought that comes to my mind.

Hope you are doing well, hope to see you guy's again soon as well.(Allred5923)

www.khai.edu...

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainIraq
Now you're contradicting yourself. Space is infinite and astronomers have already located hundreds of planets like Earth, that could support life. You can read an article on it here.

Oh, and just because a planet CAN support life, why does it HAVE to support life? Who says that there weren't a bunch of civilizations out there that got to where we are now, but didn't get past it, because they blew themselves up. Or there are a bunch of planets that have life on them now, but it's well below up on the tecnical scale. Just because a planet is CAPABLE of supporting life, doesn't automatically mean that life is there.

And you might want to reread that link a little better. They have found these planets in SIMULATIONS. They currently can't see if a planet is earthlike, or any planet below a gas giant, so they are HYPOTHESIZING that there are hundreds of planets that can support life based on a SIMULATION.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Zaphod58,'I think he was speaking the mathematical possibilitied of it being true, but I for one think there is more life in the universe than is being shown to us. Here's a picture that came from Clementine in or about '68? not exactly sure, but you can definately see structures and they are on the moon's surface.

i74.photobucket.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Also there are lots of "dish arrays" here too, and im talking about lots of them all lined up in a line like this .

I've visited parkes. As far as i remember, theres only 1 BIG one (massive!) and a few much smaller other ones. Maybe 4-5 in total. I dont think theres "lots of them lined up in a line". Its in the middle of grasslands, you can see quite clearly from the road theres a few smaller ones, but the massive one is what takes in your gaze.

At the site theres a visitor centre, you can walk under the large dish, but thats about it. I did'nt notice any dudes wearing "NWO" or "Space Alien Research" badges unfortunately

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
TheyAreNotWhoTheySayTheyR, you seen to think that Parkes is the only dish that Omega was referencing, when in fact, if you look at his pictures, he was talking about many dishes and dish arrays the world over.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
to tell you the truth,"I am not one for the NWO thing." and I was showing the pic. to illustrate there there may be more to this than Omega inclined to say. They could be transferance communication sat's but then again they could be military or ease dropper's as wel.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Oh, and just because a planet CAN support life, why does it HAVE to support life? Who says that there weren't a bunch of civilizations out there that got to where we are now, but didn't get past it, because they blew themselves up. Or there are a bunch of planets that have life on them now, but it's well below up on the tecnical scale. Just because a planet is CAPABLE of supporting life, doesn't automatically mean that life is there.

And you might want to reread that link a little better. They have found these planets in SIMULATIONS. They currently can't see if a planet is earthlike, or any planet below a gas giant, so they are HYPOTHESIZING that there are hundreds of planets that can support life based on a SIMULATION.

I realize all of this. I'm just find it hard to believe that out of all of those hundreds of viable planets, not one has some form of life. We can't know and will probably never know. Unless, of course, we figure out warp drive, which is unlikely since we would have to harness dark matter and negative energy.

[edit on 11-7-2006 by CaptainIraq]

new topics

top topics

join