It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the most disgusting animal on the planet?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It can include insects,mammals (excluding humans), birds, reptiles, and fish.

here's my 2 picks: the cockroach,YUCK! www.kidcyber.com.au...

sorry if you were eating at this post.

2nd is the hyena, yuck also, although they have their purpose in nature.

www.georgetown.edu...

if you post here, add a link or picture to view.

Ah what the heck I guess we can add "humans" to the thread, Al Franken hands down!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Possums. Hands down the single ugliest, nastiest critter walking on Earth.

I once discovered one in my trash can on a fine summer morning. Being that the trash can was black plastic, I couldn't simply leave the thing sleeping in my waste bin. He would be cooked and I would find a dead, ugly, nasty possum lying in state.

So I tipped the trash can over onto its side. The monstrosity wakes up, yawns, and slowly gets to its feet. Its then that I realize its a female and has recently given birth to a litter of mini-monstrosities.

Possums carry their very young in pouches....they're marsupial!

When the scraggly haired horror sat down with its underside exposed, I thought I would swoon. Protruding from its belly were what looked a thousand pink, hairless, tiny legs; all waving around like octopi appendages.

Remember the scene in Aliens when the creature's larval stage bursts from that dude's abdomen? That's nothing compared to the real-life view of disgust-o-matic.

I've gotta' find those photos. You'll hurl...promise.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Worms are the worst. PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME FIND PICS OF THEM! I BEG YOU!

I could hold it if I really had to, but I don't like them. ESPECIALLY the big ones. I heard that in Australia there are 6ft worms! YUCK!
I won't go to Australia without an AKS-74M assault rifle
. I don't like them, but surprisingly, I like snakes! Well, snakes are different, actually. I even own some myself! A male and a femal Ball Python!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I dissected one in 7th grade. I did it just fine, its not like I'm SCARED of them, but they just gross me out. Yes, there are other animals that are gross, but when you say the word GROSS, the first thing that comes to mind is WORMS. Kill them! Kill them
LOL, they, too, are needed in nature.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Forget it...

[edit on 6/7/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
humans, the roaches are just cleaning up after their freaken mess, and so is the rest of the animals on the planet...worthless apes

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Wal-Mart shoppers, not quite human

and a close second, weasels

and another close second, those flat things that grow in my shoes

[edit on 7-7-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The most disgusting would be.....FLIES. They flies around in garbage. They land on and eat "you know what".

Also have to mention rats. Not just any rat though. Pet rats aren't gross, there clean and friendly animals. The wild rats though, crawling around in sewers and eating garbage. ewwww.

-tts

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
When I was a teenager I left my schoolbag in the closet over the summer holidays. Somehow a fly had gotten in there and laid a few billion eggs in the uneaten lunch I mistakenly left in the bag. You can imagine the result when it was time to go back to school. I also discovered at that time that maggots cannot be killed by crushing. You can squash them flat with the base of a glass until they're paper thin, lift the glass, and they keep crawling around like you just gave them a nice back massage. Boiling hot water or bug-spray + a lighter work a treat though.

And slugs... Have you ever walked around barefoot after a summer rain and stepped on a big-ass, squishy slug? Then you know what I'm talkin' 'bout.

[edit on 2006-7-7 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
roaches, I can't stand their smell, humans too, for the same reason whahaaa......

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Slugs are fricken nasty. They are covered with snot, and are just nasty.
I rememeber an episode of fear factor that required it's contestants to eat a certain number of slugs.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
uuurrrgggg earwigs!

they really give me the heeby jeebies

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I vote for the naked mole rat. Maybe not "disgusting," but certainly not one of the better-looking critters around:

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
humans, the roaches are just cleaning up after their freaken mess, and so is the rest of the animals on the planet...worthless apes

Damn Laiguana!
You pretty much took the words out of my mouth!
Except for the "worthless ape" remark.
You'll never catch this hansome monkey king making such a remark!

But, again, what are you?...

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The most disgusting thing has got to be the New York City Pigeon. Its a Rat with Wings.

Pie

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

I agree. Humans are quite vile.

They are the one creature on the planet I don't find any pleasure observing as it goes about its day to day business.

Man is also the one creature on the planet I would not feel bad about having to kill if my life was threatened and my survival at stake, since only mankind threatens the survival of other creature for reasons other than survival and need.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
I vote for the naked mole rat. Maybe not "disgusting," but certainly not one of the better-looking critters around:

Now thats nasty looking! worse than the cockroaches.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Kim Jong Il, peodophiles, drug dealers....This kind of human makes apes look advanced.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The Dobsonfly

I'm torn between ugly and cool. www.uglybug.org... ("The Ugly Bug Contest is one component of the Oklahoma Microscopy Society (OMS) outreach program, called 'SCOPE.'")

The Aye-Aye

And I guess some might find this guy cute... either way, he's definately odd.

oddanimals.com... ("Hundreds of Photos of Unusual Animals.")

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don't think the above animal is at all disgusting, I think it's cute. And also I don't have anything against primates in general, it was just the humans that I was directing that to.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join