It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the most disgusting animal on the planet?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
uuurrrgggg earwigs!

they really give me the heeby jeebies

I agree. That pincer thing coming out of their backside. Looks nasty and gross. And they look like that parasitic bug in Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan which tunnels into your ear and controls your brain.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Every time someone talks about earwigs that scene in ST2 always comes up. As a matter of fact, if someone doesn't know what an earwig is, I just mention that scene and they know exactly what I'm talking about.

Where did they get the name earwig from anyway?

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A Sea Slug Museum.

Nice?
www.seaslugforum.net...

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I must be the only person who does not hate any animal. They all seem beautiful to me I love nature (and cars but learning how to much biodiesel for my self trying to save nature all) it something when you see the sun come over a mountain or how strong a lion is or seeing how sad is when anything pass away. Nature is beautiful no matter how you look at it even death.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
These two nasty little things have to be high up on the list.

(Camel Spider)

(Whip Scorpion or Vinegarroon)
These also make a smell like vinegar.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Where did they get the name earwig from anyway?

The name earwig is derived from a European superstition that these insects enter the ears of a sleeping person and bore into the brain
ohioline.osu.edu...

I'm so glad that this superstition is false . my ears are itching just thinking about it!

I once had a summer job apple and pear picking. the pear trees were full of earwigs. Everytime I plucked one from the tree I just closed my eyes and pretended that they weren't really falling all over me!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I just wrote a post about this in another thread (Spider-proofing your home) which included the words "I fncking hate camel spiders". I also provided this link www.youtube.com... which portrays me stepping on one. I hate those useless disgusting beasts and they are ugly as hell, quite fun to chase though

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Silverfish and House Centipedes. Those things are nasty, especially with their long antennas and nasty lookin exoskeleton.
Those things are soo disgusting and creepy.

I'm getting the itches...

[edit on 8-7-2006 by Striker122]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I always found it funny just how people hate insects so much, expecially cockroaches. I never understood why they were so gross, I always thought they were cool. I also like centipedes alot.

Spiders, on the other hand, I hate...I try to kill them whenever I see them. XD I don't find them gross I just find them scary. I don't mind big spiders surprisingly, like tarantulas, they don't have skinny little legs and they don't build webs...

But I think the grossest animal would have to be this:

The Lamprey's mouths freak me out... ._.;

Lamprey

[edit on 8-7-2006 by Kacen]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Worms would get my vote as well. Horrible things !

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
lampreys are hot...............

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
lampreys are hot...............

o_o

When you say "hot", what do you mean exactly...? XD

(By the way I think your avatar is really cool. =P)

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
My vote goes to the firebrat. Ugly, nasty and fast.

Ugly as sin!

eeewwww!

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Rest In Peace Sam

He passed away last year, THANK GOD

Edit to add a link to his ugly website.
samugliestdog.com...

[edit on 9-7-2006 by Country Soul]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Possums. Hands down the single ugliest, nastiest critter walking on Earth.

I once discovered one in my trash can on a fine summer morning. Being that the trash can was black plastic, I couldn't simply leave the thing sleeping in my waste bin. He would be cooked and I would find a dead, ugly, nasty possum lying in state.

So I tipped the trash can over onto its side. The monstrosity wakes up, yawns, and slowly gets to its feet. Its then that I realize its a female and has recently given birth to a litter of mini-monstrosities.

Possums carry their very young in pouches....they're marsupial!

When the scraggly haired horror sat down with its underside exposed, I thought I would swoon. Protruding from its belly were what looked a thousand pink, hairless, tiny legs; all waving around like octopi appendages.

Remember the scene in Aliens when the creature's larval stage bursts from that dude's abdomen? That's nothing compared to the real-life view of disgust-o-matic.

I've gotta' find those photos. You'll hurl...promise.

wow...incredible...the poor possum has to survive in a waste bin because its been dispossessed by western expansion. I live in the hills and I feed possums that come onto my balcony. If I forget, the little critters knock at my balcony door. They are the cutest of animals. I hope you never find yourself sleeping in a wastebin because soce doesnt want you or considers you a pest.

Back to the thread... noticed you excluded humans in the selection criteria, well sorry, but human beings are the most disgusting animal on the planet.

The great chain of being theory = humans are supposed to have evolved from Monkeys... as if, more like cockroaches.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
I vote for the naked mole rat. Maybe not "disgusting," but certainly not one of the better-looking critters around:

OMG. It looks.. like its...rotting... disgusting!

To me, the most disgusting animals in the world are tapeworms. No matter what you do they'll never die unless you get the head... which you never do. You have to take those pills that make the tapeworm let go and then you... poo it out, essentially. It isn't dead though, just irritated and doesn't like your bowels anymore because the medicine make them taste bad. Gross.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panzeroth
I just wrote a post about this in another thread (Spider-proofing your home) which included the words "I fncking hate camel spiders". I also provided this link www.youtube.com... which portrays me stepping on one. I hate those useless disgusting beasts and they are ugly as hell, quite fun to chase though

Urgh I agree man they freak me out just thinking about their pale skeletal bodies - although that baby one in the video didn't seem to be putting up much of a fight :bash: . I remember first hearing about them 2 years ago - people said they chase your shadow, can run as fast as a man, jump, shriek, and eat away at your flesh at night without you noticing...

The first picture I saw of one was deceiving - it looked about 10 inches long! I think the perspective was strange though, in the way the soldier was holding it up close to the camera. In fact I think the picture showed two of them having a scrap! Look here: Camel Spiders

Ok i'm so checking my room for those little b****rds tonight...oh hold on they only live in the desert don't they?

PS Has anyone seen that video from a few weeks back where a soldier EATS one!!! I'll have a look for it when I get home for all you sick mofos

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
uuurrrgggg earwigs!

they really give me the heeby jeebies

Oh! Earwigs really creeped me out as a kid.....and well they still kinda do.

Also warthogs are kinda of funny looking too.

-tts

[edit on 10-7-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimi

Originally posted by Panzeroth

Urgh I agree man they freak me out just thinking about their pale skeletal bodies - although that baby one in the video didn't seem to be putting up much of a fight :bash: . I remember first hearing about them 2 years ago - people said they chase your shadow, can run as fast as a man, jump, shriek, and eat away at your flesh at night without you noticing...

The first picture I saw of one was deceiving - it looked about 10 inches long! I think the perspective was strange though, in the way the soldier was holding it up close to the camera. In fact I think the picture showed two of them having a scrap! Look here: Camel Spiders

Ok i'm so checking my room for those little b****rds tonight...oh hold on they only live in the desert don't they?

PS Has anyone seen that video from a few weeks back where a soldier EATS one!!! I'll have a look for it when I get home for all you sick mofos

They get up to around 6 inches, and if you look at the guy's sleeve and compre it to the size of the spiders they arent that big. They don't jump or shriek either, not that I have heard at least. And no, it didn't put up much of a fight

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivanterrible
It can include insects,mammals (excluding humans), birds, reptiles, and fish.

here's my 2 picks: the cockroach,YUCK! www.kidcyber.com.au...

sorry if you were eating at this post.

2nd is the hyena, yuck also, although they have their purpose in nature.

www.georgetown.edu...

if you post here, add a link or picture to view.

Ah what the heck I guess we can add "humans" to the thread, Al Franken hands down!

lol i would have to agree, they are disgusting vile little ba**ards

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join