It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War 3 is nigh!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rukkus
U.S. deploys warship amid N. Korea standoff - New guided missle destroyer heads to Japan

TOKYO - A new top-of-the-line U.S. guided missile destroyer was deployed to Japan on Saturday, amid tensions over North Korea’s missile tests.

The USS Mustin sailed into the port of Yokosuka, home to the Navy’s 7th Fleet, with a crew of 300 for permanent assignment to the region, 7th Fleet spokeswoman Hanako Tomizuka said.

The Mustin, commissioned in 2003, is one of the most advanced in the fleet. Its deployment to Yokosuka was previously planned and not in response to North Korea’s missile tests, Tomizuka said.

The U.S. Navy now has eight Aegis-equipped vessels at Yokosuka.

Did anybody hear this news?

It was already planned, the carrier leaved the US two weeks ago, before the missile crisis. So it's nothing.

[edit on 8-7-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Fake missle launches? What, did Ken Lay and Cheney light the fuses? Crackers just Crackers!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Exactly, who's got any proof anyone's fired anything? Could all be yet another setup by the NWO as an excuse to get the guns oiled.
Chances are NK did fire something, but it could have been anything,rocket into space etc etc. Its not like we can see any interviews with Kim Yung to get his side of events, is it.

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Order Out Of Chaos
Its not like we can see any interviews with Kim Yung to get his side of events, is it.

Why couldn't we? If Kim were to address the world there's no way anybody could prevent it from getting around, all eyes are on him right now...

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Order Out Of Chaos
Exactly, who's got any proof anyone's fired anything? Could all be yet another setup by the NWO as an excuse to get the guns oiled.
Chances are NK did fire something, but it could have been anything,rocket into space etc etc. Its not like we can see any interviews with Kim Yung to get his side of events, is it.

Well, just to throw in one (very) wild card, there is a report from the Korea Times that a missile was already fired 8 years ago and parts of the warhead were found in Alaska in 2003.

If that's true and has been suppressed by the US media/government, then this smells much, much fishier.

times.hankooki.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It's totally a tale of a tub. What is a world war? Please make it clear. A war no strong power involved could be called world war? Don't be so silly to take in a war threat. There is no world war for ever ,the next war is a nuclear war ,and will be terminated in a very short time. If US won't provoke Russia and China ,it will never happen.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Word War III , right!! Guys if this really happens, you are all welcome to come live with me until the war is over!!
I live in South Africa, FAR away from the northern hemisphere and all their problems. So when this war starts, I'm gonna buy myself a nice chair, tons of popcorn and wach the whole thing in front of my TV

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saidar
Word War III , right!! Guys if this really happens, you are all welcome to come live with me until the war is over!!
I live in South Africa, FAR away from the northern hemisphere and all their problems. So when this war starts, I'm gonna buy myself a nice chair, tons of popcorn and wach the whole thing in front of my TV

Thanks for the offer.
Before anybody else does, I call the couch.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

And if it does not happen, you still have the highest rate of crime per square inch. Come to think of it, even if it does happen, you just might still have the highest rate of crime.

(well take a drive and find out lol)

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Thanks for the offer.
Before anybody else does, I call the couch.

Is there a golf course near by.....

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Is there a golf course near by.....

Yep there is!! And don't worry about the crime.... Not really a problem where I am living. The next FIFA World Cup won't be hosted by SA if everyone are killed in the streets!! It's really not that bad

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Kim Jong-Il has spoken, predictably backed up by the Korean Workers Party.

Rattling sabres or not, it's a delicate situation. It seems Nth Korea wants some kind of incentive to rejoin the six party talks that halted last November after some of it's bank accounts were frozen over suspicions of laundering counterfeit money.

Russia, with a history of strategic influence over NK, has requested that the US unfreeze those accounts as an incentive to get NK back to the talks.

China, who is friendly with the US, but recently testy with Japan, (as worried about NK as SK is) will also want NK to simmer down and join the six party talks before this escalates further, but will it want to see NK's nuclear program neutered?

The US, it seems, will not budge an inch on concessions or incentives, atleast not publicly, with or without the talks, and neither will NK. Five rounds of talks have already broken down. The US may have the equipment to handle multiple conflicts, but does it have the personnel or public support? NK may have 1 million troops, but as the old saying goes, armies can't march on empty stomachs.

The fact that NK had a dynastic style change of leadership from father to son probably strengthens Kim Jong-Il's perception of the US as the evil party even 53 years after the Korean War, not to mention the quagmire of Vietnam. Officially the Korean war has still not been declared over. Maybe Kim thinks the war really still is in progress given the presence of 20,000 or so US troops in Sth Korea, though partly because of Iraq, the US has recently reduced this number from nearly 40,000. Sure this is to protect SK from attack, but that's not what NK thinks.

This is not the start of WW3, but it's the kind of complicated scenario that could lead to a major regional conflict if the masks of diplomacy come off completely, especially if there is stalemate in the UN and leaders get restless. There will be nations enjoying watching NK poke it's nose at the US even egging them on. Don't think it can't happen just because it's unthinkable.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lardo5150
hmmm....

I do believe that a world war is coming down the road.
I am also trying to make myself believe that all these world powers can actually talk this out.

what have we done to this world?? look at it. our countries all on one planet and we can't have freedom in all of them?OF COURCE WE CAN!!!
all we have to do is get along and have peace
whoes with me?!?!?

signature: cody900

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Kim Jong-Il has spoken, predictably backed up by the Korean Workers Party.

Great synopsis. I enjoyed reading it. I think a 2MRC (Major Regional Conflict) would sap an already depleated military. I dont think we (the USA) can afford to enter into another conflict. I am in a part of the world that is currently under seige. Rember Iran is a slow burning fuse. You dont know when their dictator will get up, stump his toe and get pissed and want to cause a fight! One way to take down a military is spread it thin. Germany can attest to that.

Cody900. I think we all want peace, but think of this. Do you have a home security system, do you lock your doors, do you own a firearm, do you have an alarm on your car? If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then you know why there will never be peace. Humanity is lost. Once we lost our ability to trust, respect, and understand differences, we lost our ability to care about human life. Shang-ra-la, does not exist. The best I think we can do is have your attitude and try to spread it like a life saving antidote.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Webbie, After reading an opinion piece in an Australian newspaper, The Age, my sypnosis could be revised on one point. In the last three years, "central banks in China, Japan and other Asian nations have increased their foreign exchange reserves by a staggering $US 1.6 trillion dollars" !!!

No wonder the US calculates that it can get by on record budgetary deficits. But what does this mean for China's foreign policy? Strategically, they may not want to see NK neutered militarily, but it can hardly be keen on NK rocking the regional boat and causing a regional conflict over the threat of nuclear weapons or even a new Asian arms race. Could Japan be tilted towards renewed military beefing if this isn't resolved and fear of NK collects.

China will be key to this scenario, modulating it's growing economic symbiosis with the US with it's desire to be a regional powerbroker. To paraphase that awful Britney Spears song, No more a Communist, Not yet a Capitalist.

Cody, you're absolutely right. Why can't people just get along given the wonders of peace compared with the horrors of conflict? I think Arthur Koestler? was right. Our brains have evolved at tumourous speed. But, we haven't yet got a grip on our competitive, emotional, discriminatory impulses and we keep paying the price of unfinished historical business.

The question is, why do the West's so called enemies want to pick a fight if at all?Because the West does? Because across the world there is a squeeze, a crisis emerging where powers that be feel there is not enough room for all and the pyramid shape of power and advantage has to be sorted once again.

To blame 'it all' on the US is limited thinking. The Middle East is bubbling with action between the branches of Islam and their wealth, the Indians and Pakistani's fight over Kashmir, the Russians are fighting with the Chechnyans, Asian and African nations are struggling over a similar clash of religions and power ideologies. WW3 won't be declared in a single day, it will evolve from one of these regions and will quite possibly spark off the rest into what will take the appearance of a single war. It is now in its infancy. Unfortunately, the leaders are the US and it's economically dependent allies.

The War on Terror is a global misnomer. It's the battle between the fanatical and largely poor on one side and the rich and secularised on the other. Yet both sides have it's rich and mainly poor. The war is competing money and religion combined like oil and water. The two don't mix but they can swirl in the same bucket.

As events unfold, the sides are more tightly drawn, unusual allegiances of necessity are struck and the worldwide wick is ready to be lit. I'm not sure if I'm being pessimistic or realistic. Maybe the world has always been on such a verge?

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I am worried about the Holy Land.

Very worried. With Israel moving into Lebanon and talks of Syria aswell, i scared in where this could end up heading too.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucidvisions
North Korea has sparked ww3

One little Asian country with missle technology does not necessarily constitutes the begenning of a major world catastrophe such as God forbid WW3.

I will give you simple reasons why.

Even if lets say America does attack North Korea in a full blown war, how long will you suspect the war to last. Months, Weeks, days? Don't forget how powerful America is.

Also, don't forget that North Korea probbly does not want to destroy itself in a nucklear showdown with the most powerful nucklear Country in the world which is America.

Think about Cold-War. (Mutually assured destruction) Everyon one dies)

Some how I don't belive North Korea is willing to die to fight America.

Now are there any Major World powers preparing to attack each other? America, Russia, Euorpean Countries, China etc?

Now I don't think that because North Korea has delivery methods to attack other countries means that the world powers will attack each other which will resualt in a long bloody conflict envolving most areas in the world. (WW3)

Keep in mind China has Nukes. As long as China and America stays out of each other's business, then the future looks a little optimistic.

Now don't get me wrong. Is it possible for the world powers to some how would want to attack each other as a result of a developing crises involving North korean nukes? Sure. But I would say its unlikely.

Lets say, America, Japhan, South Korea, wants to attack North Korea, then lets say, China might get involved, then who knows.

I think its unlikely this will happen, but it could happen.

Now if I were you, I probbly would focus on the hot spot of the Middle East. (Isreal) After all war is happening as we type to each other.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I am worried about the Holy Land.

Very worried. With Israel moving into Lebanon and talks of Syria aswell, i scared in where this could end up heading too.

There's nothing Holy about Israel.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The Arab nations have brought this upon themselves.

They could have assisted us in preventing 9/11; they did not.

We went to Iraq becuase of Saddam and his government.

Here are some of his and state sponsored quotes:

"The United States reaps the thorns its rulers have planted in the world."

- Saddam Hussein, September 12, 2001

"[I]t is possible to turn to biological attack, where a small can, not bigger than the size of a hand, can be used to release viruses that affect everything..."

- Babil, September 20, 2001 (State-controlled newspaper)

"The real perpetrators [of September 11] are within the collapsed buildings."

- Alif-Ba, September 11, 2002 (State-controlled newspaper)

"If the attacks of September 11 cost the lives of 3,000 civilians, how much will the size of losses in 50 states within 100 cities if it were attacked in the same way in which New York and Washington were? What would happen if hundreds of planes attacked American cities?"

- Al-Rafidayn, September 11, 2002 (State-controlled newspaper)

Now we turn to what numnuts over in Iran is saying, see a trend? Simple point, if you sponsor these sort of acts you will be forced to comply or be sent back in time (N.K.).

I am very sure nations of all kinds would rethink any direct attacks on American assests. Which is why you will not see any American involvement in the Lebanon-Israel crisis; they know better. All we have to do is park one aircraft carrier off the coast of Tripoli and Lebanon is history as well as giving America the reason it needs to go after Syria.

Do I support what Israel is doing? No way. Would I support U.S. involvement if our troops were attacked should the crisis spread, you bet.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by crisko]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
They could have assisted us in preventing 9/11; they did not.

So its their fault that an administration ignored the facts surrounding 9/11? majority of the hijackers came from Saudia Arabia, but of course, Bush will not dare question Saudia Arabia...all that money will get taken out of America in a blink of an eye

Before 9/11, American goverments was still too busy funding terrorist groups and supportings those that attacked Governments that America didn't support, plus intelligence ignore groups who threaten to attack American targets. So, the administrations are more to blame then the Arabs.

And to say the Arabs deserve this cause of their Goverment support to certain groups is like saying Americans deserved 9/11...it has no logical and a statement that makes no sense.

You cannot blame the sons for the sins of their fathers

History is clearing showing us, again, that we do not learn.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join