It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride in our drinking water

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
after nearly 50 yrs im happy to report
no bone cancer and only 2 cavities
I am part of the Original test group here in the US
Guess Id better get X-rayed ..Huh ?
but that causes cancer too.............

Lucky i guess..
i dont want to be higher than 142 IQ
then id really despise this reality

[Edited on 1-11-2003 by straterx]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I've heard that the Nazis used fluoride in concentration camp drinking water to break the will of dissidents by making them passive. Is there any evidence that backs this statment?

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
not the fluoride thing again *sighs*

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Militiaman
I've heard that the Nazis used fluoride in concentration camp drinking water to break the will of dissidents by making them passive. Is there any evidence that backs this statment?

that's really interesting.. I guess no one has heard anything else, or something similar?

I remember as a child I got a flouride treatment on my teeth. If they reccommend it for my daughter, I won't consent to it. There is flouride in toothpaste, anyway. I don't see the need for an extra concentrated treatment.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
not the fluoride thing again *sighs*

[6]Not the cointellpro thing again *SIGH*.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
he TheBandit795, do you maybe have a pipeline from the Netherlands to Aruba for that heineken beer :]]]]]] ? I though we had the best water here

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hrm, I seem to remember some sort of resolution coming from this when we've discussed it before.

From memory it was something along the lines of the fluoride used in drinking water was a less dangerous fluoride compound of some sort, and in extremely small concentrations. I think something else turned up regarding chlorine in the water. I doubt its still on the board anywhere so when I get a little more motivated I'll go have a look again.

(Unless someone else wants to save me the trouble?
)

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jozuph
he TheBandit795, do you maybe have a pipeline from the Netherlands to Aruba for that heineken beer :]]]]]] ? I though we had the best water here

Hehehe, no we have the best water in the world...
I had trouble drinking tap water in The Netherlands. Sometimes Arubians get sick when they drink the water there.

P.S: I'm not kidding guys. Our tapwater is da bomb!!! Perfect, no taste....

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
But that keeps the heineken mystery open ? so is there a big pipeline from here to aruba ? Or has mr Heineken also a brewery at Aruba ? Ive heard before that the water was kinda nice there, here its also not so bad i must say so getting ill from our water must be a joke right ?

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
No joke, some are afraid to drink it. I know one who doesn't even want it in her koolaid.

There is at least one brewery in Aruba, they brew Balashi Beer and Heineken if I'm not mistaken. But I'm sure that they brew it here also.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
bandit could you maybe find out or maybe u know what where the symptons after drinking dutch water, could be an interesting thing :]] I didnt know that our water was bad to be honest, we here also believe our water is damn good..Do u maybe know people from Aruba that live in the Netherlands and also have trouble and more interesting, what kind of problems do they have....I have to say that in some parts of the country they add more chloride to the water so maybe thats the problem ?

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by jozuph]

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
forgot to ask, dont they distill the drinking water in aruba from seawater ?

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yep, they do distill it from the seawater. But the seawater is very clear also, you can see up to 25-30 ft (+/- 10 m) deep and more in the water from a boat.

As for the Arubian (students). They warn them about it before they go there to study, that the water isn't as good as in Aruba. It could be in their heads, but it could be real symptoms. Most probably stomache ache. But the most. Don't forget that Holland has a hardwater problem, especially around the big city area (randstad). In Almere-Haven it wasn't all that bad, but I'd still rather drink spa blauw.

Most Arubian students only drink spa blauw anyway so the sickness happens mostly when they just arrive in Holland. And they're especially afraid of the water in the ponds, canals and the sea. I for one wouldn't want to fall in one of them there. It's just that we're always accustomed to very clean water. No pun intended.

Also, when you run tapwater into a bowl or pot in Holland it becomes greyish/whiteish for a while and clears up about a minute or two after. In Aruba it stays clear. But they (the government) are constantly jacking up the price of the water and that ain't good.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Whether or not any of this is true or not, the best way to affect a large amount of peolple quietly is with the water supply. So I would not be surprised if all kinds of interest things are in the water beside the massive amount of pollution. It may also interest you out their that over the past 100 years most of the worlds drinking water has been polluted sometimes on purpose ( usually on purpose!) and sometimes just a side-effect of war and so called development. Now all the undesirable are dying and all others seem to be fine hmmmmm plot maybe HINT HINT!!! I would not worry about your water unless you are one of these so called undesirables, if so you might want to move away form your people because they will poison you and yours if you let them.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The most recent ATS discussion on fluoride seems to be here -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I feel for the members here who have made remarks such as "not fluoride again", but perhaps they would like to point to some evidence in favour of fluoridation, then we would have the basis of an enlightening discussion. I recommend going to the above link, as there is a LOT of information there.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClark
Kinetico is the best for drinking water. Your water will have absolutely no taste.
It is expensive though, don't know exactly how expensive.
Lived with someone that had it. Unfortunately I don't have that water anymore, have to buy bottled water.

Manufactured right here in NorthEast Ohio, in Solon. It is the THE BEST drinking water around. I have the whole house 5 stage purification system with UV and it is amazing. I think I paid around $3,500 USD to have it installed around 7 years ago. My wife has been ordering the RO filter membranes and the UV bulb so I don't know the price of those, but it can't be too expensive as my wife is very frugal. Well worth the investment!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikew21
Now all the undesirable are dying and all others seem to be fine hmmmmm plot maybe HINT HINT!!! I would not worry about your water unless you are one of these so called undesirables...

I found this old thread because I wanted to research more about fluoride in water, but THAT has me. In South Australia, I lived in a very low income area for a few months with friends. I then moved to an upper class area, and when I first turned the shower on, WHOOOAAAA! An overwhelming smell of chlorine! I then learnt from a friend's father that the lawns don't do too well on tap water in the first area because there's "too much salt" in it. These areas are only about 10km apart (just over a hill). So a CERTAIN difference in the tap waters, and obviously about class.

Also there is a filtration system available here that can be installed to the water system that claims to take all the impurities out of the water. One day they played a radio advertisement (they did daily), but this time they were bragging about how the system left fluoride in the water for dental reasons. The best teeth I've seen in a community is that of tribal Aboriginies in the outback (middle of nowhere). Mmmmmm. They must be putting LOTS of fluoride in the rain...

[edit on 11/9/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Fluorine is a element and is found to a certain extent in all water. Reverse osmosis will remove this element and that is the way to treat water with high levels of florine or fluoride compounds.

The original basis of fluoridating water in the USA was the old Public Helth Service found that people living in areas that had naturally occuring fluoridated water had fewer dental carries than people who had little fluoridated water. People exposed to fluoride in levels over 5 parts per million develop fluorosis.

The study was published back in the 30's and this is the very base for all later studies.

Grand Rapids was the first city, 1945, to add fluoride to drinking water in a mass medication of people.

One problem that developed society has today, is that fluoridation occurs in many food products, that did not occur in the 30's or the 50's and later when many more studies were done. A very strong agrument can be made as this mass medication being a root of increased cancer rates in general populations.

The most popular chemicals used in adding fluoride to water treatment for public drinking water can be traced back as a direct byproduct of fetilizer production, rat poison, or the steel smelting industry. All a person has to do is a little research and you to will find this out.

I argued for fluoridation of public drinking water supplies back in the 80's. I have now changed my mind as I have found how studies were produced and altered. I do not believe in mass medication of one toxic waste byproduct being good at low levels, when exposed to the same element in toothpaste and canned goods.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Flouride is a poison, so its incredibly unhealthy to drink.. and yes of course America is doing it to their citizens, we are the worst when it comes to that sort of stuff.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i've heard flouride is a neurotoxin a few times now and today i started looking into it. this is from my pur water filter:

Certified to reduce:
Sediment - nominal particulates (class I)
Heavy Metals - Cadmium, Mercury, copper, Zinc
Agricultural Pollutants - 2, 4-D, Lindane, Atrazine, Simazine, Carbofuran, Toxaphene
Chlorine & Chlorination By-Products - Chlorine taste and odor, Total Trihalmothanes (TTHMS)
Microbial Cysts - Crptosporidum, Giardia
Industrial Pollutants - Benzene, Tetrachloroethene, Carbon Tetrachloride, MTBE, Toluene

no flouride?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join