It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary pictures that I cant really explain.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Okay, this is going to sound dumb. And I really dont mean to. Im chilling out at a friends house and we were messing around taking pictures and stuff. We took a picture of me and theres this Russian doll in the background, but in the picture it bares no resemblance. Here are the pix, I'm not trying to blow anything out of proportion but could anyone explain this, cuz im freaked out right about now.

Here's the original pic that was taken of me. Notice the white face with hollow eyes.

Here's an enhanced picture of the doll that went through like color enhancement.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
There is nothing to it. Because the first image is darker the colors are less vivid as well. Any dark color, like the blue of the eyes, will look like black hollow eyes when there is lack of light.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
yeah but my problem with it is even with the color enhancement shouldnt it have picked up the silver ring above its head? Plus the eyes are blue, idk its just like even the enhance picture shows deeper eyes than the doll really has. idk why it was so dark either, the lights are on in this room and the flash went off. Idk probalby making a lot out of nothing but its scary as crap.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   

idk why it was so dark either, the lights are on in this room and the flash went off.

Well, I think I can solve at least this portion of the mystery. I now sell digital cameras for a living and I am forever telling my customers to disable the flash in rooms where the lights are on. Failing to do so inevitably results in a situation wherein the subjects in the foreground are illuminated, whilst those in the background are darkened. This results from the camera using the flash as its sole source of light, so that only those subjects immediately in front of it are illuminated. Next time you go to take a picture, disable the flash if you have fairly good light (such as from overhead lights). You'll get more natural lighting than you will by using the standard pop-up flash atop most digital cameras.

I think that this "washing out" phenomenon, combined with the fact that it's a creepy Russian doll, make the photo seem more ominous than it is. Hope this helped.

[edit on 6/7/06 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
that picture sucks!!!! I need to know where i can find some GOOD scary pictures.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
the doll is a voo doo doll of you, so pick it with pins in the head. the doll may need this because it needs brain sergery. let me know if it was a success story. ok.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
No offense but this is a lame topic.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I agree this thread sucks

top topics

join